Jordan Palmer on OBL says Allen has no ceiling and is most-gifted QB ever

Palmer said Allen has a lot of things to work on still over the off-season and hasn't nearly reached his potential. Says he is the most gifted player we've had at the position.

"We were able to solve for some things...the really exciting thing is (that) some of the things that we found out really won't be addressed until this off-season."

"There's a ways to go...we're not even close to the ceiling."

"I don't think there's a ceiling. I think Josh is physically the most gifted athlete we've had play this position in the NFL."

😍😍

Edited by Giuseppe Tognarelli
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 21
  • Thank you (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

He also said Darnold was really good so uhh...

There's more than a few extenuating circumstances when it comes to Darnold. He has, at times, looked the part. While I'm not guaranteeing a change of scenery will completely change the script - I'm also not willing to say that he was a sure fire Palmer failure, at this point.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

He also said Darnold was really good so uhh...

He also said that Darnold would get a drill right one time and then stop working on it and Allen would work on the same drill for 15-20 more snaps after he got it right.  I believe this was during an interview on Cowherd or Eisen last season that he said it.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I don't think Darnold is a bad QB. He had his career screwed by a terrible coach. He was never plug and play like people said, he just needed some development. I still think he could be a good QB. Hope the Jets trade him and he pulls a Tannenhill in the NFC.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

"We were able to solve for some things...the really exciting thing is (that) some of the things that we found out really won't be addressed until this off-season."

"There's a ways to go...we're not even close to the ceiling."

"I don't think there's a ceiling. I think Josh is physically the most gifted athlete we've had play this position in the NFL."

9 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

There's more than a few extenuating circumstances when it comes to Darnold. He has, at times, looked the part. While I'm not guaranteeing a change of scenery will completely change the script - I'm also not willing to say that he was a sure fire Palmer failure, at this point.

Exactly..Darnold has the tools to be a pretty legit passer in the nfl...jets really did not set him up to succeed....I personally think darnold can be a probowl caliber qb and a top 10 qb in the nfl.....he just needs a change of scenery and some real coaching and weapons to help him..id like to see him in Minnesota or new Orleans after brees

Say what you want about Jordan Palmer being biased or giving good PR because he works with Josh but...

I 100% agree with him on one point: I believe that Josh Allen is the most physically gifted quarterback in NFL history. I don't take that statement lightly, and I'm not trying to be hyperbolic, and I don't feel it's an exaggeration. His combination of arm strength, size, speed mobility, and raw athleticism have no equal that I can think of in NFL history. The guys I CAN think of are Hall of Famers. Steve Young? John Elway? I'm not saying that he'll be as good as those guys or that he'll be the BEST quarterback in history -- though he might. But physically? I really do think he is the most physically gifted ever at the position. And he's 24 and he's a Buffalo Bill. Truly awesome.

• Like (+1) 11
  • Thank you (+1) 2