Dolphins all in on Tua for 2021

YoloinOhio

13 minutes ago, DasNootz said:

Tua is better than EJ Manuel - but this feels like we've seen the this story play out before. 

As bills fans we all have seen qbs like tua far too many times

2 situations/plays are why I don't expect much from Tua

1. Under 2 minutes to go in the first half - 3rd and 8ish, Tua throws the ball 3 yards in a game you need to win for the playoffs

2. Inside the 10 yard line going in to score, he takes off and scrambles, looks like he might get in if he dives from inside the 5 but instead he slides. He slides inside the 5 yard line instead of diving for a td in a game to make the playoffs

The slide reminded me of Kyle Orton just taking a sack instead of trying for a first down

Edited by Cheektowaga Chad
  • Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

He has a 64% completion rate and 7-3, but with help from Fitz.  Remember Allen didn’t have backup to bail him out, but he did only hit 53%.  I wouldn’t write off Tua at this point.  At least Allen had OTA’s, and a pre-season.  Tua had nothing.

Im not. Tua fan, but feel like some are overreacting.  How many including a thread from yesterday saying how much it bother him the bashing of Allen.

Give Tua a real opportunity.  I don’t thin he’ll ever be Allen, but he might be decent of their staff give him three years.

comparing Josh and Tua is just a bit misleading

the entire Miami offense was designed for Tua to throw almost all  of his passes no more than 5 yards downfield

this is the Chan Gailey offense

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Is it just me or does Tua come off more as a game manager than a top flight QB? I think Alex Smith maybe his ceiling. If Miami can support him with an elite defense, they can go to the playoffs regularly - but, based, on the season we just witnessed, he cant yet put a team on his back and carry em. Herbert, on the other hand,.....

Well Jordan Palmer on OBL, just said P. Manning, Brady, Alex Smith and Allen now is a great game manager as that is how you manage a game.

That connotation as negative is not accurate.  You’re best QB’s know when to push it which Oalmer just said Allen was not a good game manager his first year trying too hard in year 1.  Now he knows what to do when and that is the definition of a game manager.  That’s different from Captain Checkdown, which is different.  I think that’s what you mean.  For him as a rookie, that’s better then making tons of terrible mistakes killing games as a rookie.

Again not a Tua fan, just give the kid time.  Besides Allen will still beat him.  He’ll never play to this level.

• Like (+1) 1

Tua is basically Drew Brees or bust.  He does not possess any specific physical skills or strengths that make him in any way dynamic.  He will live and die by his ability to read and exploit defenses with highly accurate passing.  That's a really risky player to bet the farm on because if he doesn't pass for 70% and learn to surgically pick apart a D, he's damn near worthless.  His arm is a noddle, he's not a dynamic run threat...again...Brees or bust.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, spartacus said:

the entire Miami offense was designed for Tua to throw almost all  of his passes no more than 5 yards downfield

It's a logical design.  Tua is hesitant (fixable) and has a weak arm (probably not fixable).  

2 minutes ago, spartacus said:

Spartacus, you’re right that’s not the same, but before our game, he only had 2 INT’s vs. the fumbles and Int’s for Allen.  I’m not picking on Allen at all.  I’m just saying, it’s way too premature to say he’s a bust.  That’s what the whole league said about Allen year 1.  That’s the comparison.  Some peop,e are jumping to conclusions way too quickly.  I’m saying in year 3, we’ll know if we have a real Kelly/Marino competitor.  I doubt it as Allen has just too much, but he could develop to a decent QB rival.

Im just not quick to make judgements.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Domitian said:

Tua is basically Drew Brees or bust.  He does not possess any specific physical skills or strengths that make him in any way dynamic.  He will live and die by his ability to read and exploit defenses with highly accurate passing.  That's a really risky player to bet the farm on because if he doesn't pass for 70% and learn to surgically pick apart a D, he's damn near worthless.  His arm is a noddle, he's not a dynamic run threat...again...Brees or bust.

Best case scenario: Brees

QB purgatory scenario: Andy Dalton

Disaster scenario: captain checkdown type. 

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

It's a logical design.  Tua is hesitant (fixable) and has a weak arm (probably not fixable).  

of course it is

it will generate much higher completion %

just don't compare it to Josh Allen throwing the ball downfield

Yea , the Cardinals were also all in on josh rosen after his first year....

With that said, there's no way they give up on tua for fields. If they had the first pick I think they no question take lawrence. But not for fields . 

Just now, Process said:

Yea , the Cardinals were also all in on josh rosen after his first year....

With that said, there's no way they give up on tua for fields. If they had the first pick I think they no question take lawrence. But not for fields . 

Fields won't be 2nd QB drafted

1 minute ago, Fixxxer said:

Best case scenario: Brees

QB purgatory scenario: Andy Dalton

Disaster scenario: captain checkdown type. 

Yup.  I'm not QB whisperer, just a fan, but personally I would put his odds of the best case scenario at less than 5%, Qb purgatory at around 25%, and captain checkdown that flames out in another year or two at 70%

• Like (+1) 3