Fins Heaven is a hilarious read if you have the time

30 minutes ago, FastFreddy22 said:

If you want a good laugh go to Fin Heaven and read the bills ran up the score post...its awesome.  They also have a Josh Allen thread.  Im just so happy that Mcbeane has put us in the position were in.  This is the best Bills team of my lifetime I was too young to enjoy the early 90's.  Go Bills!!!!!!

Hey welcome back Freddy!!!  PS I heart you

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

I once called a little pudger in a Zach Thomas jersey at the stadium “Bobby Hill”.

Not my proudest moment, but also, screw that kid.

You could have made his day.  What if he really liked Bobby Hill?

7 minutes ago, Gugny said:

This is absolutely lovely.

Were you the guy that went after the OP when he was 13?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I love this!

Jayjayb said:

Gotta love the Bills trolls... when they sucked for the better part of 25 years you don’t hear from them, then they get a taste of success and they become big time a$$holes... I grew up in Niagara Falls, Canada- been to Bills games, and I remember getting beer thrown at me when I was 13, because I was wearing a Marino jersey... grown men calling on a kid because I was a Dolphin fan- drunk and verbally aggressive, scared the crap out of my family... never experienced that in any other stadium I’ve been too...very disappointed in the loss today but I am glad I am not a part of the most ignorant, disgusting fan base in the NFL

Well I assume he squats to pee always! Go and watch the tape of Tua missing open guys all game and his receivers getting alligator arms to his off target throws!

our second stringers have been practicing all year just as hard as the starters and get a chance to play meaningful minutes dam right they wanna score as well. For many that is film for next year of what they can do if they are looking for a job!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

His win percentage is almost exactly what Philbin's is.   And the QB decision is one of the main parts of being a good head coach.   I know everyone says he is a good head coach, but can someone point to why?

That team he had last year was supremely undertalented. To go 5-11 with that roster was a good effort. They should have been as bad as the 2020 Jets. Their defense has gone from 32nd in points allowed last year to 6th and until Sunday (which might be clouding your view a little, and understandably so) they had played hard and competed every single minute of every single game. They are not a million miles off where the Bills were 12 months ago... but they do need to work out what they are doing at QB. Flores needs to be really honest with his GM about his feelings on Tua. If he doesn't believe he is the guy he needs to get Grier to draft someone at #3. If he does believe in Tua then he needs to commit lock, stock and barrel and stop messing about. I think he has made the QB situation more difficult than it need be, but overall turning that team from where he inherited it to a 10 win team that had a win and in playoff game on a tough schedule in 2 years is a good coaching job. 

• Like (+1) 6

WRT the actual thread:

There is no such thing as running up the score in professional sports. And I'd even say there is no such thing as running up the score in College Football either.

These guys are paid professionals. You dont want them to score, then stop them. We put our backups in, so stop them. It would be even more insulting and humiliating for us to, what?, go out and kneel it down 3 times then punt? What do they want us to do?

It wasnt running up the score when the Pats did it to us. It isnt running up the score when we do it to other teams.

If they don't like getting scored on, then stop us.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I dont think that is a "fair" assessment at all.

Have you forgotten how the Dolphins eviscerated their team when he came in, traded away their star LT, traded away Minkah Fitzpatrick.  There was a lot of talk about if the Dolphins could even win a game last year.  For Flores to be 15-17 the last two years is an incredible achievement.  The Dolphins had the long term plan in action, tank for Tua and get draft picks which they have a ton of now including the third in 2021.

As for their QB, I think Tua is potentially a serviceable middle to lower tier NFL starting QB, I was never impressed with him and I still see people gushing about his potential,  We shall see.

I agree with the first part of this.  Context is needed.  Flores got the most out of a mediocre roster last year and with a few pieces added the D and ST are pretty strong this year.  I think they're kind of where we were in a kind of amalgam of 2017/2018

I think Flores wanted to stick with Fitz, but his GM/ownership rightly insisted they play Tua to see what they had.  And I don't think they quite got the answer they wanted, which was "yes" or "no".  I think they got "perhaps"

Tua needs to get with the right people offseason and address his mechanics.   The problem is, he may need to address his physiology before he can address his mechanics, and it may be a fair question whether or not it can be addressed.

• Like (+1) 2

I figured some of their fans would say that.  The only play that really showed this was the pass to Davis.  Which I can sort of understand but the Dolphins were stat building and continuing to try and get back in the game so it if was over maybe they should have let off the gas some.   Some of being a good play caller is doing the opposite of what the defense thinks you are going to do.   The Dolphins are stacking the box expecting you to run clock, throw it over their heads and make them defend more, I have no issue with that.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I dont think that is a "fair" assessment at all.

Have you forgotten how the Dolphins eviscerated their team when he came in, traded away their star LT, traded away Minkah Fitzpatrick.  There was a lot of talk about if the Dolphins could even win a game last year.  For Flores to be 15-17 the last two years is an incredible achievement.  The Dolphins had the long term plan in action, tank for Tua and get draft picks which they have a ton of now including the third in 2021.

As for their QB, I think Tua is potentially a serviceable middle to lower tier NFL starting QB, I was never impressed with him and I still see people gushing about his potential,  We shall see.

I do remember.  I also remember the Bills doing the same exact thing, and getting more out of their team.   I dont think you can separate the QB decision from his direction as a head coach.  I agree with you on Tua.  He has a quick release, but even when he was at Alabama you could see he lacked arm strength, was slight, and was injury prone.   Not to mention he was playing with one of the best wideout corps in college football history. 

I just dont see it with Flores.   I think you'll see the Dolphins regress next year when they have to play a 2nd place schedule and not a 4th place schedule like this year.   Agree to disagree on this.  But it reminds me a lot of the media narrative on Coaches like Todd Bowles, and Gus Bradley who were master motivators who were going to come in and change the culture.    Bottom line, if the Dolphins dont get a QB I dont think they win more than 7 or 8 games next year.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

This team is just missing it’s Thurman Thomas to be truly destroying other teams. Could you even imagine what Thumanator would do if he was playing right now in his prime. Teams playing dime to stop the pass and Thurman would break the rushing record on this team.

Breece Hall

Reading that message board is funny as all get out.

It makes me appreciate what TBD has and what it does not have.

Having ads in the middle of threads is tedious.

SDS,, Thanks for keeping the threads 'clean' and devoid of ads.

• Like (+1) 1

"Being the armpit of America will make you a bitter bunch"

We might be the arm pit but then they are the butt hole.

Here is a great quote from the Allen thread:

"Tua is further along than Allen in decision making and accuracy."

That is hilarious.........what a bunch of clueless clowns

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, LewPort71 said:

Reading that message board is funny as all get out.

It makes me appreciate what TBD has and what it does not have.

Having ads in the middle of threads is tedious.

SDS,, Thanks for keeping the threads 'clean' and devoid of ads.

We have that if you are not a logged in member. I'd assume that goes away on Fin Haven if you are a member as well.

SDS has gotta pay the bills somehow!

39 minutes ago, FastFreddy22 said:

If you want a good laugh go to Fin Heaven and read the bills ran up the score post...its awesome.  They also have a Josh Allen thread.  Im just so happy that Mcbeane has put us in the position were in.  This is the best Bills team of my lifetime I was too young to enjoy the early 90's.  Go Bills!!!!!!

https://finheaven.com/threads/why-did-the-bills-run-up-the-score.364154/

THIS IS HYSTERICAL.  Can someone with an account please drop them a clue?

1) we went into the game with our pro bowl starting star CB Tre White and our two best pass rushing DE, Jerry Hughes and Mario Addison, inactive

2) Our ST ace gunner Taiwan Jones also inactive. Our probowl KR/PR Dre Roberts was active, but did not play a single snap

3) Key slot WR Cole Beasley out injured

4) At halftime, on offense we sat our star LT, our starting RG, our QB, our star probowl WR, our #2 WR just returned from injury, and both our starting RBs.

5) At halftime, on defense we sat our starting safety duo Poyer and Hyde, our starting pro-bowl MLB Edmunds, our #2 CB Levi Wallace...lotsa guys

If playing our backup QB, a RB just called up from the PS, #4 and #5 WR, backup OL at 2 spots, backup LB, backup secondary including a guy just called up from PS doesn't say "trying to not run up the score", I don't know what does. 

Those guys gotta eat too, so naturally if you give them the chance, they're gonna make plays against you.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

I don’t think the bills ran up the score. I think the dolphins just played horribly. They totally **** the bed with the playoffs on the line. The Bills looked like they wanted the win much more than Miami did.

I mean, the Bills played their 2nd and 3rd string players almost the entire 2nd half! And the defense went into more of a prevent D for the 2nd half.

it’s not like we were going for it on 4th down instead of punting when we were already up big (like the NO Saints did to us a few years ago). 
just because Barkley decided to take a deep shot when his receiver was open doesn’t mean the Bills were running up the score. 

• Like (+1) 1

Running up the score usually isn't a problem when a team is playing a win and in game.   Fins fans should be embarrassed that in the biggest game of Flores head coaching career, the biggest game of Tua's career, with the playoffs on the line, against an opponent primarily motivated with getting out of the game without injuries, they were thoroughly abused in all three phases of the game.  Looks like their morale was gone without Fitzy available for a second half bailout.  

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, FastFreddy22 said:

Youll love reading their tears man...it took alot out of me to not create an account and just put them all on blast lol

There’s a lot of them who have no issue with it. And they shouldn’t. It’s sports.

• Like (+1) 2