Colts Fans Seem Pretty Optimistic On Their Board - I think They Are In For A Very Rude Awakening Saturday

destro32

33 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Just now saw this....I don't post on Chiefs boards...(I do participate in Chiefs related facebook)  ....but I can't disagree with the comment here.  KC people (myself included) are instantly piqued when someone mentions that anyone or anything is better than Mahomes.

Most are you run of the mill fans that would do the same if Matt Cassel was our QB....but if you had to pin me down, I could probably make a formidable case that Mahomes was no.1  .....that isn't to say that folks here couldn't make a formidable case for Allen....just saying, there is a healthy data set to draw from to make the Mahomes case.  

also having spent a few years on this board.....I get a sense that there is some civic pride inoloved and that like KC...the find people of western NY have a chip on their shoulder when people try and dismiss Buffalo as being a podunk town with no redeeming qualities.  KC people (myself included) are very proud of the city and are very defensive about it anytime someone calls it a cow town.  Try telling a person from KC that Texas BBQ is better and see what happens....you'll get a fierce rebuttal and a list of 10 BBQ places in KC that you should go try.

so to sum up....yeah...we are douchebags about it.

Why don’t you participate on the chiefs board?

On 1/5/2021 at 9:56 AM, Westside Madness said:

The humorous part is that someone else posted the exact same URL a few days ago stating the opposite... If you cherry pick the posts in that thread, you can tailor any conclusion you want.

Isn’t this the nature of fandom?

1 hour ago, Zerovoltz said:

Just now saw this....I don't post on Chiefs boards...(I do participate in Chiefs related facebook)  ....but I can't disagree with the comment here.  KC people (myself included) are instantly piqued when someone mentions that anyone or anything is better than Mahomes.

Most are you run of the mill fans that would do the same if Matt Cassel was our QB....but if you had to pin me down, I could probably make a formidable case that Mahomes was no.1  .....that isn't to say that folks here couldn't make a formidable case for Allen....just saying, there is a healthy data set to draw from to make the Mahomes case.  

also having spent a few years on this board.....I get a sense that there is some civic pride inoloved and that like KC...the find people of western NY have a chip on their shoulder when people try and dismiss Buffalo as being a podunk town with no redeeming qualities.  KC people (myself included) are very proud of the city and are very defensive about it anytime someone calls it a cow town.  Try telling a person from KC that Texas BBQ is better and see what happens....you'll get a fierce rebuttal and a list of 10 BBQ places in KC that you should go try.

so to sum up....yeah...we are douchebags about it.

I visited KC for the first time a few years ago and loved it! Such a cool city with the one section of town basically a replica of an old Spanish town and all their fountains...they definitely earned their nickname "The Fountain City" as they have the most fountains of any city in the US.

I did get scorched at a water park there tho...falling asleep on the lazy river without any sunblock on in 95 degree temps on a sunny, cloudless day is definitely not something I would recommend...

1 hour ago, dgrochester55 said:

Indy reminds me of our team last year where they can pretty much get the job done against the middle and lower tier teams but fall short against the better ones. 

Their defense is one of the better ones in the NFL, but Buffalo has shredded four good defenses over the last four games.   Their offense is a middle of the road one so our defense is more than capable of containing them.

Anything is possible in the playoffs, but the only way that I see Buffalo losing this is if they play uncharacteristically bad on both sides of the ball.

That last is a fair take.  If we're careless with the football or fail to contain on defense.

Make no mistake, they have a good enough offense to beat a very good team on a good day (OT win against Green Bay) or a good team that gets careless with the football (Raiders - gave up 2 INT and a fumble).  Fumbles (1 by Rodgers, 1 by Valdez-Scantling) are also key to how they beat GB.

The Packers may have also felt they'd put it away when they went into halftime up 28-14.

Hello! Member of the Colts Forum here for a visit!🤣

Just want to say that I, for one, am one of the optimistic ones for the game haha. I see a great game playing out. Both teams match up well against each other, and it should be a battle until the bitter end.

While I do expect your Bills to pull out the win, under MVP (he gets my vote) Josh Allen, I really hope we see a great game!

Good luck from our community to yours!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 8

4 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

I did see someone post “no 7 seed has ever lost a playoff game” so they do have that going for them...

Then again, no 7 seed has ever won a playoff game either!

🤔

Just now, WarGhost2101 said:

Just want to say that I, for one, am one of the optimistic ones for the game haha. I see a great game playing out. Both teams match up well against each other, and it should be a battle until the bitter end.

While I do expect your Bills to pull out the win, under MVP (he gets my vote) Josh Allen, I really hope we see a great game!

I think we can all agree that we would like to see a great game.

May the best team win!

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, WarGhost2101 said:

GET OUT OF HERE PONYBOY!!!! Just kidding. I won’t wish best of luck to you but I do hope for a good game. And by “ a good game” I mean Bills by 40

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Brennan Huff said:

GET OUT OF HERE PONYBOY!!!! Just kidding. I won’t wish best of luck to you but I do hope for a good game. And by “ a good game” I mean Bills by 40

Aww, I was looking to maybe stick around here a bit 😂. Bills are one of my favorite teams outside of Indy! Whatever happens, I’m hoping whoever wins today goes deep into the playoffs!

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

I did see someone post “no 7 seed has ever lost a playoff game” so they do have that going for them...

14 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Then again, no 7 seed has ever won a playoff game either!

🤔

What about #2 seed playing wildcard weekend?

4 minutes ago, WarGhost2101 said:

Aww, I was looking to maybe stick around here a bit 😂. Bills are one of my favorite teams outside of Indy! Whatever happens, I’m hoping whoever wins today goes deep into the playoffs!

Stick around and join our gameday thread throughout the game.  

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

I visited KC for the first time a few years ago and loved it! Such a cool city with the one section of town basically a replica of an old Spanish town and all their fountains...they definitely earned their nickname "The Fountain City" as they have the most fountains of any city in the US.

I did get scorched at a water park there tho...falling asleep on the lazy river without any sunblock on in 95 degree temps on a sunny, cloudless day is definitely not something I would recommend...

I loved KC too when I visited. Nice City, friendly people, cool venues.... BUT the BBQ in TX was indeed significantly better IMO and much more plentiful! :)

its all well and good for fans to be fans of their respective teams and talk all the smack they want good bad positive negative whatever. All that really matters is how the players will deal with the game today. From all appearances the bills seem loose, determined and focused. Thats exactly how I want them. Not too high not too low get the job done one step at a time..like McDermott keeps saying keep humble and hungry. I as a fan will TRY to emulate tht too. Im excited, nervous and confident but not overly so I'll blow my stack AFTER  they win the super bowl though lol

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOO  

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

Why don’t you participate on the chiefs board?

I don't do Chiefs Planet ....I am on Chiefs facebook pages...I actually have a Chiefs planet Login as Zerovoltz...I've just never posted there.....always just done the facebook thing for Chiefs.  I also read some of the Chiefs fansites and I've submitted some articles that have been published to those.  I really don't have a good explanation as to why though...probably because I have been long established on the facebook pages and people know me and what I am about there....where as on the board(s) I don't have presence or a reputation to tend to.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

I'd love to visit Buffalo someday....just from reading some of the things posted here, western NY sounds really cool.  If you don't need a beach or a HUGE media market....you can do alot worse than KC....really nice, fairly clean and vibrant downtown, more lanes of highway per capita than any large city in the US....traffic is a breeze..you can get from one side of metro to the other in 30 minutes.  Experience of all four seasons....lots of thunderstorms.  Very passionate sports fans and a really good beer and food scene.  Low cost of living....reasonably low taxes.  ....and a thriving arts and music scene as well.  ......I currently live in the Dallas/Ft Worth Metro plex...and I hate it here.

1 hour ago, WarGhost2101 said:

I’ve always liked the Colts, but I’m not as mature as you. If you guys win I hope you get blown out by the chiefs. (And i hate the chiefs right now) 

😜

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, WarGhost2101 said:

I think i know how you feel...almost. When the Bills were going through 20 years of football purgatory, I spent many a Sunday cheering for Peyton Manning. Only non-Bills jersey I ever bought. And then I followed him to Denver. I think Allen and Manning are similarly likeable. Thank god the Bills picked it up soon after Peyton retired. He got me through some hard times for the Buffalo. 

My neighbors are the parents of Colts OC Nick Sirianni. Tremendous neighbors.  I can give them some love if they pull off the upset. 

• Thank you (+1) 1