Colts Fans Seem Pretty Optimistic On Their Board - I think They Are In For A Very Rude Awakening Saturday

destro32

19 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

The AFC playoffs have teams, from top to bottom, that are capable of winning any game they play. The Colts are a good team. I think the Bills are a better overall team; however, they are going to have to continue to play at the level they have been playing. 

Exactly.

Considering that 11 wins was the minimum buy-in for the AFC Playoffs, I think we as Bills fans, while should be feeling downright giddy about what we are witnessing, should be more humble right now because this conference is loaded and we can win it or sadly be out Saturday.

Baltimore last year should teach all of us that lesson, remember how that team was rolling into the AFC Playoffs?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Personally, I think a fair number of Bills fans are taking this game too lightly.

This is a tough opponent. There wasn't really an "easy" draw in the AFC this year, but the Colts are as good as anyone not named KC, imo.

They have almost as complete a team as we do. Their defense is better than ours, as is their running game, and they have a QB who can sling it, even though age is catching up with him.

They DID beat Green Bay, and had other quality wins, including one against the Titans, also.  I think the Bills win, but they will be a tough out.

• Like (+1) 4

30 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

I've looked at quite a few forums of opposing teams this season and I have to say the Colts seem like the best bunch I've seen so far.

They don't seem to talk nearly as much smack as others and generally have decent conversation about the game.

Honestly, I think it’s because Colts “fans” are pretty tepid. Indianapolis isn’t really a football town. I spent a significant amount of time there during the Peyton Manning era, and the Colts’ fans are nice and interested, but their true passion is basketball. 

As a result, I think that’s why most people find their fans to be nice,

reasonable, and friendly people. I think they enjoy their football as entertainment. If they lose this Saturday though, no one is going to be losing any sleep in Indy. 

9 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Honestly, I think it’s because Colts “fans” are pretty tepid. Indianapolis isn’t really a football town. I spent a significant amount of time there during the Peyton Manning era, and the Colts’ fans are nice and interested, but their true passion is basketball. 

As a result, I think that’s why most people find their fans to be nice,

reasonable, and friendly people. I think they enjoy their football as entertainment. If they lose this Saturday though, no one is going to be losing any sleep in Indy. 

if we lose it will full blown melt down around here.

47 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

For the Colts to win on Sunday they'll need to play better than they did against the Jags.  Surprisingly, for a team faced with a win and in scenario they struggled to the end to beat that team playing for nothing to finish out the season.      

In fairness, the Colts’ defense did finally figure out a way to control Mike Glennon in the second half😀

11 minutes ago, Success said:

Personally, I think a fair number of Bills fans are taking this game too lightly.

This is a tough opponent. There wasn't really an "easy" draw in the AFC this year, but the Colts are as good as anyone not named KC, imo.

They have almost as complete a team as we do. Their defense is better than ours, as is their running game, and they have a QB who can sling it, even though age is catching up with him.

They DID beat Green Bay, and had other quality wins, including one against the Titans, also.  I think the Bills win, but they will be a tough out.

The Colts are the only team Jacksonville beat all year.  And no, their defense most certainly is not better than ours.

1 minute ago, Ya Digg? said:

Wait hold on, you're saying that a team that won 11 games and is in the playoffs has fans that think they will win on Saturday?!?!?  That's preposterous!!!

i'm looking into it right now.

• Haha (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Success said:

I also think itll be a tough game but their defense has struggled down the stretch. I dont think its accurate to say they have a better defense than us if you look at how both teams are playing lately. But running game is better than ours. That said, with how we have been scoring lately a running attack likely doesn beat us alone. Their secondary will need to REALLY step up and that has been a weak point for them lately.

59 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I feel like at this time of year, we are all homers at heart. Many on here are predicting total blowout wins-- that could happen, but that is probably wishful thinking. Every team is good now (there are no "frauds" that snuck in); I don't think any of these playoff teams are just going to roll over and get totally blown out. 

No frauds that snuck in from the AFC anyways. NFC might be a different story. 

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

I've looked at quite a few forums of opposing teams this season and I have to say the Colts seem like the best bunch I've seen so far.

They don't seem to talk nearly as much smack as others and generally have decent conversation about the game.

Chiefs on the other hand? What a bunch of *****. So funny if anyone mentions any other QB as being good, they're straight in with the Mahomes talk. In fact it could be any subject.

"That new Netflix show is great"

"***** you, it's nothing compared to Pat"

Chiefs have the dumbest fans in the league, agreed. 

31 minutes ago, RochesterLifer said:

My favorite was, "Take away the long ball. Make them go 14,15,16 plays to score."

They'll be surprised as we've been doing that all year.

Fun fact. Josh Allen's longest completion for this season was 55 yards.  Philip Rivers longest completion for this season was 55 yards.

IDK where this perception comes from that he's hucking bombs all over the place. Josh does his best work in the intermediate lengths.

I don’t understand the point of threads like these. You can browse every teams forums and cherry pick some ridiculous opinions.

Let’s not pretend like we are immune to hilariously bad takes either. 

The Colts won 11 games and beat good teams during the regular season. I certainly think we’ll win the game but I’m not going to bash anyone from the Colts for being optimistic as well.

• Like (+1) 1

I don't know, man...

I see a lot of healthy respect for the Bills in that thread, including many "Bills will blow us out" posts.

To look at that thread overall and perceive optimism or confidence on their part is to be fishing for motivation and disrespect in a less-than-well-stocked pond, in my opinion.

• Like (+1) 2

It's the playoffs outside of a few teams they are all solid teams and each game is going to be hard.

Here's to a heathy, clean game and a Bills win.

I think it is funny when the colts fans think they are going to win with a score of 19-13. The Bills have only scored 13 points or less this year (never) although they have scored under 13 points 5 times this year in the first half and ended averaging  20.2 PPG winning 3 out of 5. The two games we lost were the Titans and Chiefs which is the point in our season when our routine was disrupted. In those five games the offense still averaged 334.2 YPG; in the other 11 games the offense averaged 424.7 YPG and 36.3 PPG. The colts averaged 28.2 PPG for the season. Through the fist 8 games of the season the Bills averaged 24.75 PPG and the Colts averaged 26 PPG. Through the final 8 games the Bills averaged 37.8 PPG and the Colts averaged 30.4 PPG. The Colts have been pretty consistent all year while the Bills hit a mid season slump (weeks 5-8 were 4 of the five games the Bills did not score more then 13 points before the half) then turned it on big time. I feel this team, if it stays on schedule is unbeatable. My final  score prediction is Colts 26 scoring a late meaningless TD like teams have been doing the last 5 weeks (i.e. SF,PITT, MIA, DEN, and the PATS couldn't score period) and the Bills will have this game won with 10 minutes left in the 4th Quarter putting up 37.