Regardless of playoff outcome, will you consider this Bills season a success?

YoloinOhio

Will you consider this season a success regardless of playoff outcome?   

247 members have voted

1. 1. Will you consider this season a success regardless of playoff outcome?

2. 2. If no, will one playoff victory check the box or do you need more to consider it a success?

• One playoff victory will suffice my success meter
    • Super bowl or bust
    • Need to get to AFC championship

My goal for the team coming into the year was for the Bills to win the East (check), to win a playoff game(TBD), and for Josh Allen to take another step (OMG - it feels like he took 12). Strange things happen in the playoffs .. the undefeated Pats lost to the Giants. If the Bills lose, I will still be very satisfied as the biggest and most difficult step toward a championship has been accomplished .. JA is a franchise QB.

Put it another way, if I had to choose between a good Josh Allen + a playoff victory vs THIS Josh Allen and a flukey loss .. give me the latter 100 times out of 100.

Win or lose the Bills have arrived!

The season is over.  playoffs are a new season.  finishing 0-1 or 1-1 is not good.   This team can win the SB, so that’s gotta be considered the measure of success. But I won’t be disappointed in the team if we lose to KC in the AFC Championship game, but we are clearly more talented and better right now than any other team.  Need to keep it that way. 

On 1/5/2021 at 9:30 AM, DCbillsfan said:

AFC Championship appearance or better.  The season is a success, however they are playing really well lately.  They have the 2 seed and these kind of seasons are special.  Need to take advantage of the opportunity that is in front of them.  KC won the Super Bowl last year as a 2 seed.  Why not Buffalo this year.

Last year the 2 seed (KC) had a bye and didn’t have to play in the Wild Card round like the Bills do this year.  Figures that the league would change the format just in time for the Bills!

Edited by Mafioso

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2021 at 7:14 AM, H2o said:

If we go 13-3, winning our last 6 in a row, 9 of our last 10 games, and then get ousted in the first round the season is a failure. Yes, the regular season was fun, but the post season is where history and legends are made. Honestly, I think anything outside of the AFC Championship game would be a huge disappointment. In my mind this team is better positioned to win a SB than any of the 90's teams. It is yet to be determined if we have an A list of HOF talent on these rosters, but this is the closest team in terms of a team mentality I have ever seen in Buffalo. They play for each other, they play for the fans, they play for the city of Buffalo, and there is a vibe with this team that I can't remember ever feeling before with any other. They went from trying to figure out who they were to showing the league this is who we are. They went from trying to find ways to win to imposing their will on the opposition. They are never satisfied. There is one goal and that's a Lombardi for them. You see it, you can hear it in their voice, and you can tell by the way they carry themselves. Won, not done. Bring it home for all of us. LET'S :censored: GOOOOOO!!!!!

tenor.gif

Well, we continue our march towards that Lombardi next week. But to have a team that had not made the playoffs in 17 years, to 4 years later being in the AFC Championship Game? It's awesome and this team has come a long way. It speaks volumes about the GM, the coaching staff, and these guys we have on the field. Hopefully we can close it out bringing home that Lombardi. Go Bills!!!

I pondered this for a while. 

I predict that we will win the Super Bowl this season. If I was in Vegas I would make a decent bet on it, starting with next week's game, Chiefs or no Chiefs. The thing is, if we fall short, it will no longer be due to stupid moves from coaches or GMs. Funny isn't it how when you have good managament, a good quarterback, and good blocking you can even catch a lucky break once in a while?  

This team is a pleasure to watch. We don't even really have any needs that stick out. I even trust that our GM will be able to draft better than the elite posters on this board. For decades this was not the case.

So ultimately, I will not be angry at the team, owner, GM, Coach, QB or anyone else if we fall short (which again, I don't expect to). This wonderful team is just a pleasure to watch, and nobody deserves victory more than Bills fans. Nobody.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I was thinking about this last night after the win against Baltimore. 

This season is already a solid success.  We beat NE twice and won the division, earned 2 home playoff games (maybe more) and won them both.

That's a great season.  The franchise has taken an organizational step forward and it doesn't feel like we will take another backward after this.

We're establishing a new baseline where playoff wins are to be expected for as long as Josh is around and playing well.

If we do end up playing KC, a solid showing is all I ask for!  I feel like it's all gravy going forward.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

• 2 weeks later...