Regardless of playoff outcome, will you consider this Bills season a success?

YoloinOhio

Will you consider this season a success regardless of playoff outcome?   

247 members have voted

1. 1. Will you consider this season a success regardless of playoff outcome?

2. 2. If no, will one playoff victory check the box or do you need more to consider it a success?

• One playoff victory will suffice my success meter
    • Super bowl or bust
    • Need to get to AFC championship

It's been a awesome season so far and i'm not sure any of us saw this type of production coming but hey we'll take it ! 

That being said given the way the Bills have won this year if they don't go deep in the play offs it will be disappointing just because of the way they have so handily beat some good teams . So they need to make it at least o the AFC championship game just o test them and see if they are worthy or not .

I would love like all of Bills mafia to see a long over due SB in the trophy case at 1 Bills Dr. but would rather them lose before they get to the SB because if they get there and lose another SB it would be one stop ridicule from every one that surrounds the NFL .

So i truly hope if they go to the SB to kick ass to once and for all put a rest to the SB going thing ...

Major disappointment if the freight train derailed the first week of the playoffs. Still disappointed if they lose the second week because I love this team and what else do we have for entertainment right now?

A loss at the AFCCG understandable. It’s a huge step. 

Go Bills!! 

• Like (+1) 1

Of course, this season is a huge success. The very best part of the entire progression is how they continue to get better every week. If we do indeed win and advance, we will surely continue that progression.

I often think about how very difficult it was to 4-peat in the 90s. The amount of work and effort it takes to get that good is incredible.  Part of that hunger was because we lost and the job wasn't done. To follow-up on that thought, when you win it all, coaches and players leave for new challenges. It becomes even more difficult to repeat with new faces across the board.

I am just so happy to be able to have this discussion, honestly.

AFC Championship appearance or better.  The season is a success, however they are playing really well lately.  They have the 2 seed and these kind of seasons are special.  Need to take advantage of the opportunity that is in front of them.  KC won the Super Bowl last year as a 2 seed.  Why not Buffalo this year.

• Like (+1) 3

Before the season I wanted two things at a minimum: a playoff win and Josh to continue the upward trajectory. The latter was far more important to me than the former. Josh is a legit MVP candidate and that has far exceeded my expectations so I already consider this a successful season. With that said, it will be bitterly disappointing if we don't make a playoff run, this team is good enough to win it all this year.

I think it would 100% be a success.  

They will need to figure out their playoff failure, of course.... and we wanted more for the playoffs.  It would sting and be a disappointment.

But the regular season was a huge sign of a sustainable machine that will hopefully give us a decade or more of 9-14 win seasons.  They beat a number of good teams in the NFL, and flat-out out-classed teams down the stretch.  

If they dropped their 1st or 2nd playoff game, I think the mode becomes that the playoff loss is a major driving force and source of motivation for the franchise.  I could see them coming in even stronger as a team for 2021, for when we are hopefully able to attend the games

Edited by May Day 10

Honestly, over the course of the season and especially this winning streak they have strung together has also raised my expectations. I think a match up with Kansas city in AFC championship game is a realistic expectation. At that point, it's a toss up who wins.

Realistically, this season has already been a success because we found out what we had in Josh Allen. The question entering the season was always, can Josh take the next step. He's done that and more. We can breathe easy now that we have our guy.

That being said, we have a great opportunity now, so why not just go for it!!! I remember watching a Kyle Williams locker room speech, and he said something along the lines, " these type of opportunities are fleeting, now they're here and then their gone." I hope the guys realise the opportunity at hand. And I honestly think they do. 

Go Bills! 

Edited by HomeTeam
  • Like (+1) 2

I guess I'd have to see how the playoffs happen before really being able to answer this. If the Bills get spanked by the Colts, that's pretty disappointing. If Josh Allen and Diggs get COVID and can't suit up, it's a little of a different story though.

Just have to take things one game at a time. All things bring equal, I would like to see the Bills make it to the conference championship game.

11 minutes ago, Hampton Josh fan said:

No, the Bills must win two home field playoff games minimum to be a successful season. If not they will be considered postseason chokers and underachievers. When you dominate like they have the last month and a half, they must win playoff games. 

I guess. The Ravens choked in the playoffs two years in a row but I think most people think they are still a very good team and a threat in the playoffs.

That being said, the Bills need to go prove their worth in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Won AFC East

Swept division opponents 6-0

beat the Patriots (twice)

13-3 record

multiple prime time wins 

josh Allen an mvp candidate, best season a Bills QB has ever had 

501 points scored 

Stefon Diggs leads league in receptions and yards, best season a Bills WR has ever had

All with no OTAs or preseason and navigating numerous Covid challenges 

At the start of the season, I would have considered this at least a triple, perhaps even a homerun.  Then I wanted a win in the playoffs and we don't have that yet, thus a triple.  But the team have exceeded everything else, up to this point, exceeding any expectations I could have had.  The way they're playing, the MVPs and Pro Bowl selections, the franchise records, etc.  Hard to say it hasn't been a homerun at this point.

That said, we still don't have that playoff win.  Hopefully that comes Saturday.

And then of course, the goalposts are "a-moving" right?  It's going to be a let down when this season comes to an end, unless of course, ..............

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Never expected anything close to what the Bills did this year.

Playoff wins would be icing on the cake.

But I won't pout either way. The Bills future is certainly bright.

I can't imagine what that Tasker pump up video would look like next year if we lose Saturday.  We got to win this for Tasker!!!

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Won AFC East

Swept division opponents 6-0

beat the Patriots (twice)

13-3 record

multiple prime time wins 

josh Allen an mvp candidate, best season a Bills QB has ever had 

501 points scored 

Stefon Diggs leads league in receptions and yards, best season a Bills WR has ever had

All with no OTAs or preseason and navigating numerous Covid challenges 

I think no matter what the regular season is a success.  They set goals and accomplished those and more.

That does not mean they are satisfied or it won’t be a let down with really any outcome other than Super Bowl win.

The team is still growing and getting better and it is imperative that they find ways to win in the post season to continue the growth, but with everything accomplished I would be remiss not to call the season a success.

At the start of the season, we all have our own ideas about what we think the team can accomplish and I am pretty sure most fans would have been over the moon with everything listed above.  

Once you get to the playoffs though - the goals shift - you now have a shot at the ultimate championship and even if you are the 6-10 WFT - you have thoughts of a 4 game run to win it all and any loss now is a disappointment and takes away the feeling of success for everything else accomplished.

So my answer is yes it is a success, but Super Bowl or Bust is still legitimate.

• Like (+1) 2