Jim Rome on the Bills

I not only listen to every 3 hours every day since 2000, but when you see me post "So and So coming up at Xpm on CBS Sports Radio" it means it's a Rome interview with a Bills player. I hide the Rome part because so many people don't like him.

I went back and watched this TV clip last night on Youtube, as well. Jim has been a Buffalo rooter for many many years; he's always said "the NFL is better when the Bills are good." 

You know why that is? It's because of the fans and the city, in my opinion. 

• Like (+1) 8

33 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

I not only listen to every 3 hours every day since 2000, but when you see me post "So and So coming up at Xpm on CBS Sports Radio" it means it's a Rome interview with a Bills player. I hide the Rome part because so many people don't like him.

I went back and watched this TV clip last night on Youtube, as well. Jim has been a Buffalo rooter for many many years; he's always said "the NFL is better when the Bills are good." 

You know why that is? It's because of the fans and the city, in my opinion. 

He can be obnoxious and normally I don't like his brand of obnoxiousness, but I've always found him a fun listen. He called Kyle Williams his favorite interviewee ever, which is great on so many levels.  

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, thurst44 said:

He can be obnoxious and normally I don't like his brand of obnoxiousness, but I've always found him a fun listen. He called Kyle Williams his favorite interviewee ever, which is great on so many levels.  

I havent listened to Rome in years (work at home, not in car much any more) but during the flutie/johnson controversy leading up to the homerun throwback playoff game, he was great radio.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, thurst44 said:

Kyle was part of the "Kyle Streak" which was a follow up to the "Rex Streak." He interviewed 25 Rex's in 25 days, and then did the same with Kyle's.

I listen to a lot of sports radio and on the National scene it's become stale. 

Dan Patrick has been around forever, and the show presentation on a daily basis is beyond repetitive. Yeah Pauly? Yeah Fritzy? Yeah McKlovin?  

Colin Cowherd topics are limited to LeBron, Brady, Cowboys, Belichick.  

Clay Travis' main goal is to tell you how smart he is every single day. 

And the rest of Fox is a bunch of left over Jim Rome guys from the old days - JT the Brick, Ben Maller, Jonas Knox. Thank goodness Jay Mohr finally left. He was a Jim Rome wannabe to the max. 

ESPN has lost talent over the years with Colin leaving, Broussard leaving, Le Batard leaving, Mike Golic Sr. leaving, that they have resorted to having Greenberg do TV and radio, Max Kellerman do TV and radio, to band aid together a line up.    

They now have Keyshawn Johnson and Jay Williams breaking down sports in the morning. How awful. 

As far as Rome is concerned, his in your face style got old years ago. And he's moved around so much, the only time I see him is on random YouTube clips like his Nate Peterman rant. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

So you admit that Schopp and the Bulldog are your go-to's?

If you're a Bills fan, and want coverage, who are you listening to? 

Howard Simon and Jeremy White - Who are best at what? Morning after reaction? Do either of them tell you anything that you don't already know? 

Schopp and Bulldog - When he's not wasting segments talking about Lando Calrissian's name, cooking stir fry, or texting "K" etiquette, Schopp is the only WGR host that asks questions about the Bills team building approach. Again, neither one of them played football, so you're not getting any X and O discussion, but at least Schopp asks questions from time to time. 

Other than that you can listen to Chris Brown spit out clichés from every coach we've had here since Mularkey, or Nate Geary talk about how he's never seen a good Bills team before. 

Best segments are when Greg Cossel or someone from PFF comes on and attempts to break down how players are successful, or discusses relevant trends in the league based on film study. I know PFF on here is like garlic for a vampire, but at least they watch film and take notes. None of the WGR hosts do that. 

Nationally, if you love Rome, that's great. His show is going to sound the same everyday, its a brand. Like all the other guys I named, he's been on-air forever and so the same themes are repeated over and over again. 

24 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

You don't even want to know what he does while reading old Sullivan articles when listening to them..

As far as this comment, at least Sullivan called out the bad-Bills decisions pre-McDermott, and he went back far enough and had contacts inside OBD that he could back his statements with facts. 

Fans didn't like him because he was too negative, but 2000-2016 could not be spun as successful regardless of what angle observed. The Bills were a Mom and Pop shop and the rest of the league left them behind. 

• Like (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Nationally, if you love Rome, that's great. His show is going to sound the same everyday, its a brand. Like all the other guys I named, he's been on-air forever and so the same themes are repeated over and over again. 

As far as this comment, at least Sullivan called out the bad-Bills decisions pre-McDermott, and he went back far enough and had contacts inside OBD that he could back his statements with facts. 

Fans didn't like him because he was too negative, but 2000-2016 could not be spun as successful regardless of what angle observed. The Bills were a Mom and Pop shop and the rest of the league left them behind. 

You're gonna go blind if you keep doing that. 

3 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I listen to a lot of sports radio and on the National scene it's become stale. 

Dan Patrick has been around forever, and the show presentation on a daily basis is beyond repetitive. Yeah Pauly? Yeah Fritzy? Yeah McKlovin?  

Colin Cowherd topics are limited to LeBron, Brady, Cowboys, Belichick.  

Clay Travis' main goal is to tell you how smart he is every single day. 

And the rest of Fox is a bunch of left over Jim Rome guys from the old days - JT the Brick, Ben Maller, Jonas Knox. Thank goodness Jay Mohr finally left. He was a Jim Rome wannabe to the max. 

ESPN has lost talent over the years with Colin leaving, Broussard leaving, Le Batard leaving, Mike Golic Sr. leaving, that they have resorted to having Greenberg do TV and radio, Max Kellerman do TV and radio, to band aid together a line up.    

They now have Keyshawn Johnson and Jay Williams breaking down sports in the morning. How awful. 

As far as Rome is concerned, his in your face style got old years ago. And he's moved around so much, the only time I see him is on random YouTube clips like his Nate Peterman rant. 

You need PFT in your life.

11 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

You need PFT in your life.

Oh so right! I tried to listen to Stephen A Smith & Marcus Spears argue with Max Kellerman this morning, and all it was was a babble fest. Two guys who love to hear themselves yell not allowing the other get a word in edgewise. Molly could barely get them to shut up. I could only listen for a minute and I had to turn it over. Unbearable!

It’s funny, how many pundits are on the Bills bandwagon.  Some fir a long time, but Simms, Schein, Cowherd, Rome, most of the NFLR guys, GMFB, Cosell, Sal P. From matchup, Phil Simms, Baldinger, and so on.

It’s making it harder and harder week by week for the terds to keep on banging on the Bills.  Choke on you’re words boys.  I honestly love the idiots keep saying yeah but...  it makes them look even more ######ed week by week.

3 minutes ago, BTB said:

Is Rome on in WNY?   Haven't heard him in years.  If I recall correctly, he was on from 12-3 on WGR for several years. 

That was a very long time ago.

3 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

If you're a Bills fan, and want coverage, who are you listening to? 

Howard Simon and Jeremy White - Who are best at what? Morning after reaction? Do either of them tell you anything that you don't already know? 

Schopp and Bulldog - When he's not wasting segments talking about Lando Calrissian's name, cooking stir fry, or texting "K" etiquette, Schopp is the only WGR host that asks questions about the Bills team building approach. Again, neither one of them played football, so you're not getting any X and O discussion, but at least Schopp asks questions from time to time. 

Other than that you can listen to Chris Brown spit out clichés from every coach we've had here since Mularkey, or Nate Geary talk about how he's never seen a good Bills team before. 

Best segments are when Greg Cossel or someone from PFF comes on and attempts to break down how players are successful, or discusses relevant trends in the league based on film study. I know PFF on here is like garlic for a vampire, but at least they watch film and take notes. None of the WGR hosts do that. 

Please. Sullivan is always negative. He only stops when he knows he looks a fool with the Bills at 13-3.