Diggs Floss: Buffalo Bills pr still killin' it

6 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Winning makes everything better, even game time flossing;).

So true ...   can you imagine the same thing on a 3 - 12 team playing its last game?   He’d be toast.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, IslandBillsFan said:

More of more of my posts make me feel like an old man saying, "Get off my lawn."  All of us our super pumped from the awesome season and really excited about the playoffs.  However, I'll be debbie downer here raining on the parade....

The flossing is harmless and I guess was funny.  However, I try to view some things as what a player on another team did this.  Let's say Kelce did this.  I would probably just write it off as something silly and partly stupid.  So it is hard for me to celebrate Diggs acting silly because he is on our team.  

All reports are that Diggs has been a team player and is very positive.  This is great to hear.  We need to remember though that Diggs had many detractors and questions while in Minnesota.  It is easy to be a team player and have your praises sung when he is breaking records and the Bills offense is one of the leagues best.  

Hopefully, this doesn't happen for many years, but at some point the Bills offense will cool down and Diggs won't have the numbers he is having now.  We have seen many receivers turn ugly once their team starts losing and they do not get the targets they want.  I just hope Diggs stays a team player through adversity.  Silly antics like flossing remind me more of a WR diva than a team player.  

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 4

1 hour ago, IslandBillsFan said:

More of more of my posts make me feel like an old man saying, "Get off my lawn."  All of us our super pumped from the awesome season and really excited about the playoffs.  However, I'll be debbie downer here raining on the parade....

The flossing is harmless and I guess was funny.  However, I try to view some things as what a player on another team did this.  Let's say Kelce did this.  I would probably just write it off as something silly and partly stupid.  So it is hard for me to celebrate Diggs acting silly because he is on our team.  

All reports are that Diggs has been a team player and is very positive.  This is great to hear.  We need to remember though that Diggs had many detractors and questions while in Minnesota.  It is easy to be a team player and have your praises sung when he is breaking records and the Bills offense is one of the leagues best.  

Hopefully, this doesn't happen for many years, but at some point the Bills offense will cool down and Diggs won't have the numbers he is having now.  We have seen many receivers turn ugly once their team starts losing and they do not get the targets they want.  I just hope Diggs stays a team player through adversity.  Silly antics like flossing remind me more of a WR diva than a team player.  

You sound like my Grandmother’s neighbor.  She used to tell my brother and I not to smile too much or laugh... “you don’t want to be too happy because good times never last”. 

Enjoy what we have this year and soak it up, don’t waste your time writing paragraphs about how he might be a problem at some point.  If you auctually saw the flossing during the game it was obviously not a “diva” move.  He was sitting on the bench with teammates around laughing, not showing off for a camera.

Edited by Dirtyd415
  • Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Question is since you are required to wear a mask when on sideline when you are not preparing to reenter game will he get a fine to go with it?

Stevie has issue with NFL and no sense of humor.

Half the players aren't wearing masks many times, seems like the NFL is pushing the coaches to stay masked up, but ignoring the players for the most part.  Kind of makes sense too as the players are out there during the game right next to eachother maskless so why worry on the sidelines while the coaches are supposed to keep them on all the time.

One thing I have noticed McD kind of presents an era or discipline and mental toughness filtering down to the players.  Of all the coaches you see on the sidelines, he seems to have the least issue with keeping it on, rarely have I seen him with it down around his chin.  To me this shows the mental toughness side of him.  He just ignores it.  Or may just be when you're 13-3, less need to lower it for screaming?

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Half the players aren't wearing masks many times, seems like the NFL is pushing the coaches to stay masked up, but ignoring the players for the most part.  Kind of makes sense too as the players are out there during the game right next to eachother maskless so why worry on the sidelines while the coaches are supposed to keep them on all the time.

One thing I have noticed McD kind of presents an era or discipline and mental toughness filtering down to the players.  Of all the coaches you see on the sidelines, he seems to have the least issue with keeping it on, rarely have I seen him with it down around his chin.  To me this shows the mental toughness side of him.  He just ignores it.  Or may just be when you're 13-3, less need to lower it for screaming?

This. 

The Bills players mask discipline on the sideline is not what I'd like to see.  Most wearing masks now, but improperly (showing nose).  I can't blame them if they just came off the field, it's hard, No Joke.  But mask discipline on the sideline matters because while players out on the field are moving around and are not generally in close proximity enough to be a close contact, on the sideline the players, especially backups and coaches, may be sitting or standing near the same people for hours. 

So if one player gets covid and Diggs has been sitting next to him for 15 minutes as determined from examination of film, the NFL will say "Diggs is out as a close contact".

• Like (+1) 1

I was watching the game and sitting next to a dentist, she commented that she'll give him a pass on the technique😂

12 hours ago, Draconator said:

My niece is a dental hygienist. She said Diggs flossing technique made her cringe. I lol'd. 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, IslandBillsFan said:

I just read Dion's article.  Specifically he writes about Diggs' team mentality and how well he has fit in.  I take it all back!  I am sorry Stephon!

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This. 

The Bills players mask discipline on the sideline is not what I'd like to see.  Most wearing masks now, but improperly (showing nose).  I can't blame them if they just came off the field, it's hard, No Joke.  But mask discipline on the sideline matters because while players out on the field are moving around and are not generally in close proximity enough to be a close contact, on the sideline the players, especially backups and coaches, may be sitting or standing near the same people for hours. 

So if one player gets covid and Diggs has been sitting next to him for 15 minutes as determined from examination of film, the NFL will say "Diggs is out as a close contact".

Don't disagree with anything you say, but my observations are the players are not wearing the masks nearly as much as the coaches are and as you said, half the time it seems they are there to protect their goatee.

10 hours ago, IslandBillsFan said:

He had orange slice remnants stuck in his teeth which I'm sure was annoying him and he flossed it out. The camera happened to catch him sitting their minding his own business getting orange wedge skin out his teeth and that may be some sign of bad things to come huh?

1 hour ago, StHustle said:

He had orange slice remnants stuck in his teeth which I'm sure was annoying him and he flossed it out. The camera happened to catch him sitting their minding his own business getting orange wedge skin out his teeth and that may be some sign of bad things to come huh?

I take it all back!  It was definitely some aggressive flossing.