Possible Bills off season moves.

Adamb412

3 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

yeah the DL has been a bit disappointing for the spend.  But, Bean did bring in quite a few people to reach that number, and they have been solid.  The OL job was amazing.  I'd like to somehow shed some DL spend and bring in a pass rusher. 

I think Butler and Jefferson have to go. Both are overpaid and have done little. Justin Zimmer has outplayed them both for a fraction of the price. I know McDermott likes to rotate and that they all have different roles, but we might be able to get better production for a lot cheaper. 

Just now, MWK said:

I think Butler and Jefferson have to go. Both are overpaid and have done little. Justin Zimmer has outplayed them both for a fraction of the price. I know McDermott likes to rotate and that they all have different roles, but we might be able to get better production for a lot cheaper. 

I agree.  We likely need to do some restructuring (hopefully) or releasing of some of the DL players.  Bean's got an interesting offseason ahead of him.  

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, MWK said:

Putting butler in on running downs has directly helped our run defense.  HE is the closest thing to a "Star" we have on the team right now.  Zimmer is a penetrating 3.  Doesn't work without a man eating 1.  especially in a wide or over front like we play.

Edited by Chris farley
  • Like (+1) 1

I know we all love Milano, but if it means losing an OL or Offensive Weapon, the answer should reside in this...

Every mock draft I've seen has 3 stud linebackers going right at the end of the First Round.  Even if we win the Super Bowl, we will be in position to draft a playmaking LB at 32. 

• Like (+1) 1

this offseason should be pretty easy,  depth at LB,  CB (#2 CB?,  dont dislike Levi,  but def look for an upgrade there),   beef up the OLine and find Jerry's eventual replacement (not that hes really slowed down any,  guys dont last forever tho)  if thats Epeneza,  good,  not sold on him yet tho.

need a good run stuffing DT as well.

with a bit of offensive line help i believe we have the RBs currently on the roster to get the run game back on track.

Edited by bigduke6

On 1/4/2021 at 11:18 PM, Norcalbillsfan said:

Agree for O line, so many teams wonder why their star QBs regress, when they let key stones on the Oline walk. 

Agreed.  The only way Allen regresses is if he loses his pass pro.  They've given him more than ample time, and I'm sure he's grown accustomed to it.  Not to mention the chance he gets injured increases greatly if he's facing heat, and trying to make broken plays happen.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/4/2021 at 10:15 PM, ctk232 said:

I think you see Murphy leave and a few others cut - I can’t see an off-season where they don’t prioritize re-signing Williams. Bense’s repeatedly put a premium on protecting Josh, and Williams is a huge reason why our pass pro has been exceptional this year. I see us losing him only to a team that overpays, but he’d also be hard-pressed to skip town on an emerging perennial contender. 

After that, Feliciano, Milano, McKenzie in that order. I’d also be surprised to see Roberts go - think they give him another year given the importance Farwell put on him and Beane’s commitment to building out ST. He may draw the line at Taiwan Jones and who knows, I think Antonio Williams bests Yeldon for a line-up spot. Barkley shouldn’t cost much at all, unless they think Fromm is really okay to fill that role. Marlowe may be on the out looking in, but the hope is Beane is staggering contracts and some guys are more willing to stay on an up and coming team.

Can’t forget Diggs likely being reworked too, but the hope has always been to build through the draft, and likely we see OL and Defense this year depending on how the first ~20 picks go.

It’ll be an interesting offseason to follow, but I do see Beane staying true to his stated goal of protecting and supporting Josh first and foremost.

I get it, it was Miami, but given the flat/reduced cap this year if it’s between Robert’s or McKenzie, I am going with McKenzie all day long. Backs up an aging (but not old) Beasley well and can double on ST. 

Robert’s is one dimensional. 

1 hour ago, Mango said:

I get it, it was Miami, but given the flat/reduced cap this year if it’s between Robert’s or McKenzie, I am going with McKenzie all day long. Backs up an aging (but not old) Beasley well and can double on ST. 

Robert’s is one dimensional. 

Long term? Totally - but I think there are other guys out first before Roberts that allows him to stay next year. I’d be curious whether he and McKenzie split PR/KR duties or not if that ends up being the case.

Either way, I like having these problems rather than the usual “wtf are we doing on ST this year”

• Like (+1) 1