Possible Bills off season moves.

Adamb412

1 hour ago, Adamb412 said:

I know we are humming along but I think in the off season there is a few upgrades we have to make and here is what I think we can do 

Zach ertz 

Im not sure what his deal is but he is obviously talented and I think he would take our offense to the next level. 

NY Giants

Look I don't know what the giants are doing but I propose this 

Singletary  and our 1st round pick for Saquon.  Obviously Saquon would be a huge upgrade and we have Zack moss and other depth at RB. I think they would listen...

Thoughts?

No first round RB's please...do you not see that the offense is going to the pass?   Ertz.....I had already brought up that idea on the board

• Sad 1

I'm happy with no major/big name offseason moves.  If anything can even be debated about whether you can afford (money) a particular free agent or trade, I'd want to stay away from that and instead  focus on keep the current team together.   The cap is going to get tight enough already with some big contracts coming up.  With that said, if there are any key pieces you CAN'T keep here long term, then look for the most cost effective replacement/solution for them.

If we were playing Madden here with no salary cap, then I'd be fine with paying top $$ for a #1 TE, a great 2nd CG, and some better OL....but not if those things are going to make it harder to 'keep your own'.

The only way I'd use Free Agency to bring in something major is if the next game or two...the Bills ultimate demise happens to be because of a certain position that just gets exploited badly. Other than that...I'm fine.

I think that League wide there will be many 1 or 2 year deals looking for fans to return and then recalibrate.

I agree that the Bills will be looking to keep the players they love currently on the roster and making some painful decisions about players that won't fit their financial capacity (cap) looking forward.  

But this discussion is really for the middle of February, 2021.  presently there exist games that must be won.  

We are concentrating on getting the job done against the Indianapolis Colts.  

Lock down Williams and Feliciano, then go from there.  

Hopefully re-sign Milano.  

Addison, Butler and Jefferson are all potential cuts if we need to free up money.  

*Would be interested to see if Stills is a good locker room fit.  Could see him on the roster if it works out.  

Thats about it for me.  Keep the team together and build through the draft. We likely won’t be very active in FA. 

• Like (+1) 3

It's a great year to play the comp picks game, with the cap freeze. People act like Milano , Williams and Feliciano are irreplaceable because they have been success stories. Milano is an oft injured 5th rnd LB, Williams is an oft injured 3rd rnd OL who has endured far more down than up seasons, and Feliciano I was pulled off a practice squad. 

I mean good luck to them, they will all deservedly get paid somewhere, but to me it screams sell high and replace in the draft. When will people trust the staff's ability to draft and develop?

We are the #1 spender on the DL [51 mil] in all the NFL and 3rd with the OL.

Beane might need to do some magic on the DL.  Not sure it’s quite living up to the bill, especially with no wiggle room for next year.

No complaint from me about the ‘return’ on the OL [36 mil].  Been solid.

6 minutes ago, Seoulofstone said:

Williams is an oft injured 3rd rnd OL who has endured far more down than up seasons

He missed one season with the knee injury. That was the only time in the last 4 years he hasn't played a full 16 games.

You want to protect that franchise QB, I think locking in Daryl Williams is priority #1 this offseason.

• Like (+1) 5

2 hours ago, Adamb412 said:

I know we are humming along but I think in the off season there is a few upgrades we have to make and here is what I think we can do 

Zach ertz 

Im not sure what his deal is but he is obviously talented and I think he would take our offense to the next level. 

NY Giants

Look I don't know what the giants are doing but I propose this 

Singletary  and our 1st round pick for Saquon.  Obviously Saquon would be a huge upgrade and we have Zack moss and other depth at RB. I think they would listen...

Thoughts?

Ertz likely done in Philly. Think one year left no guaranteed money and Goeddart on Roster. I would be interested depending on the contract he is looking for. 

Barkely - NO I am not giving assets up for a RB. Notice our backs are fine when Josh is well humming like he is. So No. 

4 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I thought we quit this offseason crap starting early. Season ain’t over. 
Sooooooo many pieces to fall still in coaching, gm, vet cuts, let’s not clutter the board with every dumb madden trade that’s never gonna happen. 

I think some of us are just trying to fill up the 112 hours to kickoff.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

I'm happy to say I could give a flyer about offseason moves while the season is still going on.

Me too.

It is WAY too early to have a discussion of this type.

But it will be interesting to discuss once the season is over.

The Bills have 5 critical free agents, D.Willaims, Mongo, Milano, Levi Wallace and Roberts. Four starters and a critical special teams player. They need to worry about retaining these 5 players or at least as many as these players as possible while also adding a piece or two to secure another deep run.