Possible Bills off season moves.

Adamb412

I know we are humming along but I think in the off season there is a few upgrades we have to make and here is what I think we can do 

Zach ertz 

Im not sure what his deal is but he is obviously talented and I think he would take our offense to the next level. 

NY Giants

Look I don't know what the giants are doing but I propose this 

Singletary  and our 1st round pick for Saquon.  Obviously Saquon would be a huge upgrade and we have Zack moss and other depth at RB. I think they would listen...

Thoughts?

• Sad 2
  • Haha (+1) 10

2 minutes ago, Adamb412 said:

I know we are humming along but I think in the off season there is a few upgrades we have to make and here is what I think we can do 

Zach ertz 

Im not sure what his deal is but he is obviously talented and I think he would take our offense to the next level. 

NY Giants

Look I don't know what the giants are doing but I propose this 

Singletary  and our 1st round pick for Saquon.  Obviously Saquon would be a huge upgrade and we have Zack moss and other depth at RB. I think they would listen...

Thoughts?

Ertz would be intriguing. 

No way the Giants give up Saquon. Not even for a 1st, no matter who the RB is. I know he's injured quite a bit, but even 10 games out of him is better than 16 games with just about any other RB in the league. Sure there are exceptions, but Barkley is legit. (And won't be on the block)

• Like (+1) 2

I don’t think this is the year to be bringing in high priced free agents.  Ertz would be pricey (reportedly he turned down a deal in the 12 mill/year neighborhood at the end of the 19-20 season).  Beane needs to focus on the draft and re-signing our own.  We also have guys like Dane Jackson who could develop and fill important roles.

• Like (+1) 14
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Don't expect much.  No Mack trade or signing Aaron Jones.  Not happening.

This off season will be about 2 things. 

Taking care of own and cutting loose a few that will give us cap savings and that we have in house replacements for.  

And figuring out what Allen's contract will be. 

Then determining what all that means for 2022 and beyond.  

Am I right....we obviously have this run, then 2021 and 2022 before a big time QB contract kicks in?  Basically a 3 year window when we went into this season?  

• Like (+1) 7

The only name free agent I've put any thought into is the idea of Gronk coming home and filling the TE vacancy.

Knows the EP system.........still pretty good and more reliable than what they have.

Plus maybe G&G Fitness would run ads on WGR so we don't have to hear that Pacillo's Fitness guy with his preachy quote 2 minute commercials.

"No mayin' steps in da same river twice....."

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I don’t think this is the year to be bringing in high priced free agents.  Ertz would be pricey (reportedly he turned down a deal in the 12 mill/year neighborhood at the end of the 19-20 season).  Beane needs to focus on the draft and re-signing our own.  We also have guys like Dane Jackson who could develop and fill important roles.

Yeah, they really won't have the cap room to make any serious external signings.  OF their UFAs, I think they re-sign Feliciano, Milano, McKenzie, and Marlowe.  On the margin are Roberts, Barkley, and Taiwan Jones.  While I'd like to have Williams back, I don't think they can afford him...

• Like (+1) 1

No YAC Zach is not an asset this offense should invest in.  He's good, but has over inflated stats based on the Eagles offense, and his QB having tunnel vision for a couple of years.  He's very frustrating to watch.  When he does have open field in front of him, he trips over his own feet, or stumbles.  Watching D. Goedert in direct comparison shows his limitations.  Let him get overpaid elsewhere.  He thinks that he belongs in the Kelce and Kittle conversation.  He's at least two tiers below them, possibly more now. 🙄

This is the best description I could find for him: 

"To put it simply, Zach Ertz is a finesse player. While he looks every bit the part of a big-bodied bruiser, he plays the game more like a 5-foot-10 possession receiver uninterested in fighting for additional yards."

https://section215.com/2019/09/18/philadelphia-eagles-zach-ertz-yac/

Edited by YodaMan79
  • Like (+1) 2

Neither is going to happen, Beane doesn’t pay big bucks for old TEs or RBs with freshly torn ACLs, his MO is pretty obvious at this point, jmo. 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

There should be quality veterans at many positions next year to fill any holes or provide depth at low cost on one year deals.  The Bills will be an intriguing destination for them.  At LB, I like what I see from 44 and wouldn't mind him seeing more time on D.  I would look to keep the OLINE pass pro strong above anything else.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1