Bills will be working out QB Chad Kelly

YoloinOhio

15 minutes ago, Looper said:

There is no evidence that he's a changed man other than Jimbo's word. Keep him as far away from Josh as possible - if he wasn't good enough to play in Indy the last few years under Jimbo's buddy Frank, he certainly isn't good enough for our team now. Simply a favor to Jim and nothing more. There's always the CFL this year (possibly) or the new league Manziel signed up for. 

He’s coming in to help with colts playbook.

I can also say he has grown some over the last year or so. Enough that I want him on the team? Probably not. I’ve watched his uncle grow into a respectable person and I’ve watched chad start to change. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

9 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

He’s coming in to help with colts playbook.

I can also say he has grown some over the last year or so. Enough that I want him on the team? Probably not. I’ve watched his uncle grow into a respectable person and I’ve watched chad start to change. 

That's what game film is for ... if you have first-hand experience that he's changed, I'll take your word for it. There are plenty of other teams that need or will be looking for a backup QB in the offseason. 

34 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I don’t like this. For me it sends the wrong message that we need inside info to beat you. There is 16 games of film and 17 years of Rivers to study. Reich has been a coach long enough to display tendencies. This is a Belichick move and one that can fire up the opposing team. 
I usually love every move the Bills make, this one I am not a fan of.

I see your point for sure but I don’t think they feel they “need” inside info as much as any edge can help in the biggest game of their season, preparing for an offense for the first time, on a short week. If they can glean any amount of info for the game plan, a simple workout would be worth it. Indy is a really good team, they will use all the advantages they can get. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

28 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

How many breaks can one person expect to receive?  This would be far more than #1.

When you have a HOF Uncle that has people all over the league that like and trust well can live off those long coattails 

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

When you have a HOF Uncle that has people all over the league that like and trust well can live off those long coattails 

I think it's obvious they aren't signing him.  They are bringing him in to go through film and ask questions.  FTR I'm fine with that and it's a good idea.  Any tidbit you can find is a worthwhile tidbit and every minute you can make the other team spend changing something that otherwise wouldn't need to be changed is worthwhile as well.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, WhoTom said:

Uh-oh. QB controversy in the making. 😉

Yeah...who's package do we see first?

Davis Webb's? or Chad Kelly's ;)

16 minutes ago, cd1 said:

Just when we have all bought into this "process" thing...

they go and work out someone who would be the worst example.

This leaves such a BAD TASTE - ugh.

Don't gargle...just swallow ;)

14 hours ago, Steptide said:

I have to believe this is an Intel into the Colts, as ridiculous as that may sound. Why would the bills care about a qb right now? We have 4 of them 

I think its the most Billieveable thing about this.

Now making a guest appearance in the offensive quality control film room....Chad Kelly ;)

23 minutes ago, Steve O said:

With the Georgia runoff today, shouldn't this talk about hanging Chad be on PP&P?

Hanging Chad is when he's uninvited in a third floor walk up at 3 a.m.  Hanging from the balcony railing. 

16 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Can’t they just call him on the phone and ask him what he knows? 😂

Based upon his conduct and acumen previously exhibited, you might as well ask Jethro Bodine.

• Haha (+1) 2

This is a weird thread to read through. The guy is obviously being brought in for intel having been with the Colts for a year or two, which is really smart. Plus maybe they want to consider him for a futures contract, which is fine. The amount of people who are upset about this and the amount of people who are excited about this confuses me. 

1 hour ago, cd1 said:

Just when we have all bought into this "process" thing...

they go and work out someone who would be the worst example.

This leaves such a BAD TASTE - ugh.

If I were you, I'd stop following the team.

They're probably looking to the offseason -- Matt Barkley by all accounts a great guy and he threw a couple nice balls Sunday but I wouldn't feel great about him going out there for any length of time if we had an injury, and I believe he is on the last year of his deal.

If someone like Kelly has matured in the eyes of our ownership and is willing to sign a futures contract after the season I wouldn't have any complaints. There is definitely potential upside among Kelly/Fromm/Webb and would make for an interesting competition.

I think we can upgrade from Barkley, but not with this loser. I understand bringing him in for intel, but the only reason he's even still bouncing around is because of his uncle. I don't want him anywhere closer to the team than this workout. 

Edited by MWK

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

This is a weird thread to read through. The guy is obviously being brought in for intel having been with the Colts for a year or two, which is really smart. Plus maybe they want to consider him for a futures contract, which is fine. The amount of people who are upset about this and the amount of people who are excited about this confuses me. 

With Covid protocols, for much can they really "bring him in" this week? I assume he would have to be cleared to spend any quality time in the building and that's what 5-6 days?

32 minutes ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

With Covid protocols, for much can they really "bring him in" this week? I assume he would have to be cleared to spend any quality time in the building and that's what 5-6 days?

From the report, the workout was yesterday so he must have already cleared that last week 

• Thank you (+1) 2