Bills will be working out QB Chad Kelly

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, StHustle said:

I love it! He would easily be a top 5 backup.

Yes this does scream of Beane doing ol Jimbo a favor...but nothing wrong with that.

I'm in the minority and feel Chad is a changed man and would be fine on the team...years ago? No....now? Yes.

Chad is WAAAY better than Barkely.

Please enlighten us. What sources indicate CK has changed?

What sources say CK is "waaay" than Barkley? Keep in mind Barkley just lit up Miami's desperate starters for 20+ points.

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yes, that Chad Kelly 

Tim Graham Is very close to the Kelly family.  I’m not 100% certain but pretty sure that he said Elway took a flier on drafting Chad with the last pick in the draft as a favor to Jim Kelly. 

Of course he ends up getting arrested and released after working his way up to QB2.

I thought that Graham said the Bills were discouraged from brining Chad to the Bills because he needed to be away from Buffalo where he often found himself in trouble

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yes, that Chad Kelly 

Soooooo.....Just sayin', the last team Chad Kelly was on, until he was cut Sept. 20th was.....the Indianapolis Colts

Wasn't just a cup of coffee either, was on their practice squad most of 2019 and a bit on their active roster.

I'm not the only one that's occurred to:

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2021/01/bills-reportedly-schedule-workout-with-qb-chad-kelly-why-its-interesting-timing.html

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, StHustle said:

I love it! He would easily be a top 5 backup.

Yes this does scream of Beane doing ol Jimbo a favor...but nothing wrong with that.

I'm in the minority and feel Chad is a changed man and would be fine on the team...years ago? No....now? Yes.

Chad is WAAAY better than Barkely.

A friend of mine is a bit frustrated with her kid right now.  Said kid is 20+, taking a year off college, working part time but feeling aggrieved about being asked to contribute to the household (chores, $$).   Kid:  "I'm an adult now!  I'm an adult!"  Friend: "You can keep repeating you're an adult.  I can keep repeating I'm a turtle.  Repetition doesn't make it closer to true for either of us"

One wonders what evidence you can possibly have of this guy's changed man-ness, OR of him being better than Barkley much less a top-5 backup.  'Ol Matthew Montgomery and his 30 yr old Hardly-a-Howitzer did contribute 6 of 13 for 164, 1 TD, 1 INT on the team that was the #1 D in football going into the game, which is more, more recently than anyone can say Chad has contributed to an NFL team.

What does top-5 backup mean to you anyway?  To me it means someone, based on past record, the team can have confidence will come in and win at least half the games.  Matt Hasselbeck, when he played for Tenn, was a top-5 backup.  Ryan Fitzpatrick is a top-5 backup.  in 2016-17 Philly, Nick Foles was a top-5 backup.  Part of being a top-5 backup, IMHO, means a guy who has started in his time and proven some ability to play at the NFL level albeit perhaps not consistently enough to be a starter.  Derek Anderson up to 2014 or so might be considered such.  Probably Matt Moore.

40 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Soooooo.....Just sayin', the last team Chad Kelly was on, until he was cut Sept. 20th was.....the Indianapolis Colts

Wasn't just a cup of coffee either, was on their practice squad most of 2019 and a bit on their active roster.

I'm not the only one that's occurred to:

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2021/01/bills-reportedly-schedule-workout-with-qb-chad-kelly-why-its-interesting-timing.html

Remember when Belicheat signed Fast Freddie to the Cheats PS a week before a Bills game, and then cut him when the clock showed :00 in the 4th QTR?  The NFL passed a rule against that now, but the Cheater got over.

I don’t like this. For me it sends the wrong message that we need inside info to beat you. There is 16 games of film and 17 years of Rivers to study. Reich has been a coach long enough to display tendencies. This is a Belichick move and one that can fire up the opposing team. 
I usually love every move the Bills make, this one I am not a fan of.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

A friend of mine is a bit frustrated with her kid right now.  Said kid is 20+, taking a year off college, working part time but feeling aggrieved about being asked to contribute to the household (chores, $$).   Kid:  "I'm an adult now!  I'm an adult!"  Friend: "You can keep repeating you're an adult.  I can keep repeating I'm a turtle.  Repetition doesn't make it closer to true for either of us"

One wonders what evidence you can possibly have of this guy's changed man-ness, OR of him being better than Barkley much less a top-5 backup.  'Ol Matthew Montgomery and his 30 yr old Hardly-a-Howitzer did contribute 6 of 13 for 164, 1 TD, 1 INT on the team that was the #1 D in football going into the game, which is more, more recently than anyone can say Chad has contributed to an NFL team.

What does top-5 backup mean to you anyway?  To me it means someone, based on past record, the team can have confidence will come in and win at least half the games.  Matt Hasselbeck, when he played for Tenn, was a top-5 backup.  Ryan Fitzpatrick is a top-5 backup.  in 2016-17 Philly, Nick Foles was a top-5 backup.  Part of being a top-5 backup, IMHO, means a guy who has started in his time and proven some ability to play at the NFL level albeit perhaps not consistently enough to be a starter.  Derek Anderson up to 2014 or so might be considered such.  Probably Matt Moore.

There is no evidence that he's a changed man other than Jimbo's word. Keep him as far away from Josh as possible - if he wasn't good enough to play in Indy the last few years under Jimbo's buddy Frank, he certainly isn't good enough for our team now. Simply a favor to Jim and nothing more. There's always the CFL this year (possibly) or the new league Manziel signed up for. 

Edited by Looper

14 hours ago, Beast said:

Chad Kelly is the kind of guy that will be snorting cocaine off a Covid 19 positive, hookers ass and then spread it at 1 Bills Dr.

This kind of does reek of a favor to Jimbo...and for a kid who has already ruined so many chances too. What's next, Johnny Football? I'd rather they sign a player with a brain.

*How much info can you garner from a potato...

Edited by Nihilarian
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

This kind of does reek of a favor to Jimbo...and for a kid who has already ruined so many chances too. What's next, Johnny Football? I'd rather they sign a player with a brain.

I highly doubt he will actually be signed