Dolphins become the first team since at least 1970 to concede 50 points while being the #1 scoring defense

Big Turk

Bills find another way to make history...

As for the defense, Elias’ computers fried a couple of brain cells to inform us that no other No. 1-scoring defense since 1970 had ever conceded 50-plus points.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/story/sports/nfl/2021/01/03/habib-debacle-clouds-our-view-dolphins-season/4062813001/

• Awesome! (+1) 3

With a good chunk of those points coming from the second-string offense. 

One point, though: 14 of those points were scored by the Bills' defense and special teams, not against the #1 defense.

For no particular reason, I flipped thru 200+ pages of the Fins game thread.

They were crying for Bills to take out starters (esp Allen) after the first freaking TD!

Post second TD, it became biblical begging: rending of clothing, sheep slaughtering, etc.

Enjoyable read actually.

• Haha (+1) 10

3 minutes ago, Dukestreetking said:

They were crying for Bills to take out starters (esp Allen) after the first freaking TD!

Post second TD, it became biblical begging: rending of clothing, sheep slaughtering, etc.

Enjoyable read actually.

OK, off to Fin Heaven or whatever the ***** the Fish fans call it.

25 minutes ago, Dukestreetking said:

Enjoyable read actually.

I did the exact same thing while watching Sunday Night Football -- the absolute begging that the Bills take Allen out of the game was spectacular.

I also loved the homers there coming out of the woodwork on the first two series stalled only to be absolutely stunned into silence. I think I even saw someone worrying after they scored and were driving in the second half that Allen might come back into the game.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

I heard they’re crying that we ran up the score. True story?

45 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

They were crying quite a bit that we werent resting our starters so they could still a playoff spot. Then we rested our starters and still scored.

sounds like the Giants fans because the Eagles put in the 3rd string QB to end the game and let WFT win. 

37 minutes ago, Dukestreetking said:

Enjoyable read actually.

“Please, please, pretty please play your PS guys!”  

It’s a PROFESSIONAL football game. The ‘running up the score’ argument is weak. 

1 hour ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Not that I saw from their fans on their main fan forum.  They were far more concerned with imploding over Tua.  I mean, they're smart enough to realize that what are you going to do?  Take a knee in the 3rd quarter?  

1 minute ago, Domitian said:

Not that I saw from their fans on their main fan forum.  They were far more concerned with imploding over Tua.  I mean, they're smart enough to realize that what are you going to do?  Take a knee in the 3rd quarter?  

They were doing more crying over banning Bills fans who were trash talking them hahaha

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

They were doing more crying over banning Bills fans who were trash talking them hahaha

Yea.  I mean there IS a thread about it on Fin Heaven, but it wasn't started until today and the general consensus is that there's nothing wrong with the Bills scoring points.  A bit of butt hurt over the bomb to Davis, but...they couldn't even stop the Bills' practice quad running back when they were running every damn down.   The whole thing is a big nothingburger.

Edited by Domitian
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Dukestreetking said:

Enjoyable read actually.

I took a look and I was shocked by how many people were openly calling for the dolphins to intentionally injure Allen, Diggs, etc.

4 hours ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

If Barkley handing off to an undrafted free agent rookie RB and throwing passes to a rookie 4th round draft pick WR is running up the score then they must be using a different dictionary then I use.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1