AFC Contender beakdown...you will like what is said about the Bills...

Big Turk

52 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Picks us to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl and said it is hard to find a weakness on this team...

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nfl-week-17-overreaction-index-042659739.html

I just cant stand this national attention any more. Its like these media writers dont have a spine and are just parroting the "Bills are the most complete football team" line to anyone who will listen. I am so done. Where have those underdog, fly under the radar, lovable -loser days gone ? I reminisce fondly about those days when my rival friends would call me with fake sympathy. (sigh) 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, jethro_tull said:

trying very hard to stay grounded.  

medium overreaction!  

But you have your own set of eyes, don't they see the best team in the NFL?

i could see if maybe you were on the team or something like that, so if your eyes are telling you the Bills have been the best team in the league for over two months now, it is OK to say the Bills are #1, Baby!

Though I'm sure MCBeane would say, and truthfully so, that all we are now is AFC East Champs, nothing more and they'd be right. Until we dethrone the champs and win it all, we're not the champs.

But I still think it is true that the Bills have been the best team in the NFL over the last two months.

The only team I thought could play with us was KC, but after what GB did to Tennessee I guess you have to add them to the list. That was a pretty impressive game.

Did you see how GB moved the ball on Tennessee? I think we move it just as easy if not, easier. And that's why I'm not afraid of all the other teams. The Bills are a three-headed beast constantly coming at you with superb execution. We're likea machine. What's scares me the most is weather thatwould completely ground the passing game. We definitely could lose under such conditions.

3 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

Our weakness is our run d. Shut that down and no one can stop us. 

What you call a weakness, I call a minor adjustment.  We've played the NFL's best (Pittsburgh, San Francisco, New England and more) and came away really unscathed. I don't think anyone even forces us into our 5-2 from here. It's going to be mostly 4-2 and some 4-3 from here. Even if Tennessee (say) had its perfect game and somehow stopped Allen for three possessions and also scored on three possessions I think Allen and our offense could make it up in a blink (because you have to play four quarters and no one has been close to stopping us and not only that but we're likely to be fully healthy on offense for the first time since the beginning of the year!) and the defense would make adjustments to shut whatever offense down. Then, and this is no slight thing, our special teams would make plays to get us back in there.

In short, we aren't going to lose before KC and this is more than likely the year we win it all.

Just have to stay relatively healthy from here.

18 minutes ago, billybrew1 said:

What you call a weakness, I call a minor adjustment.  We've played the NFL's best (Pittsburgh, San Francisco, New England and more) and came away really unscathed. I don't think anyone even forces us into our 5-2 from here. It's going to be mostly 4-2 and some 4-3 from here. Even if Tennessee (say) had its perfect game and somehow stopped Allen for three possessions and also scored on three possessions I think Allen and our offense could make it up in a blink (because you have to play four quarters and no one has been close to stopping us and not only that but we're likely to be fully healthy on offense for the first time since the beginning of the year!) and the defense would make adjustments to shut whatever offense down. Then, and this is no slight thing, our special teams would make plays to get us back in there.

In short, we aren't going to lose before KC and this is more than likely the year we win it all.

And more importantly avoid positive COVID tests that could wipe out players and/or entire positions for multiple games.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

Our weakness is our run d. Shut that down and no one can stop us. 

Well with our offense being able to hang four touchdowns on ya in a quarter, that’ll get teams away from the run real quick. 

If the weakest part of your team is the run defense, when you have the offense we have..... I’ll take that 100 times out of 100.

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, billybrew1 said:

I think what’s somewhat overlooked is KC’s run game (because Mahomes’ arm overshadows the offense). They ran all over us in the regular season (245 yards) and they’re going to use the same formula if we play them. Need to solve that. 

9 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

I think what’s somewhat overlooked is KC’s run game (because Mahomes’ arm overshadows the offense). They ran all over us in the regular season (245 yards) and they’re going to use the same formula if we play them. Need to solve that. 

No man, that was the game plan. I mean yes, there were definitely better plays the Bills need to make stopping the run. But they held KC to under 20 points until late in the 4th. Josh was still injured, and couldn't put up the points we needed. 

No one is going to beat us by running the ball. They will beat us by keeping our O out of the endzone. Go ahead and run for a buck 50, 200 and score 20 points. The Bills are going to beat you by 2-3 scores that way.

Here’s my issue.  When we don’t get the attention, we don’t feel like the media knows our team and just repeats the same casual soundbites. 

Now that we are winning, we listen to the media like they are Bills experts.  

Not a knock on the OP, just the overall media hype 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

From NFL.com:

Can any defense slow down the Bills?

It's remarkable how far the Bills have come over the last year. While the NFL stuck them in the early-Saturday wild-card slot again -- which is even earlier this year -- this Buffalo team could not be any more different than its 2019 edition. When I did this exercise a year ago, I asked if the Bills' defense was enough because Josh Allen was so erratic. Now, the Bills' offense is good enough to put up 56 against a terrific Dolphins defense, despite Allen being benched at halftime.

The Colts have a well-coached, playmaking defense led by DeForest Buckner and Darius Leonard that is up for a challenge, but that's unlikely to be enough. The return of Buffalo speedster John Brown on Sunday added another dimension for Allen, who finished the season playing better than any quarterback. (Even MVP-to-be Aaron Rodgers.) The Bills' defense has performed like a top-10 unit since Week 7, which will make it harder for a Colts offense without left tackle Anthony Castonzo to try to keep up.

Bills coach Sean McDermott is the rare defensive coordinator-turned-head coach who has embraced an aggressive offensive philosophy because he saw that a sound defense and running game would only take him so far. The Colts may learn a similar lesson Saturday.

• Like (+1) 2

Before the season started, one of our resident TBD Nostradimi (you know who you are) suggested that it would be just like the Bills to have an all-time great season when it appeared likely that none (not many) of us could/would witness it in our preferred, communal, in-person manner due to the pandemic.  Feeling good about the Bills prospects for this year at that time, I made a mental note of the spirit of that thought connecting it to the person who made it.

I do not normally pay much attention to the Super Bowl #'s, other than XXV thru XXVIII, but I think most all fans will remember the team that wins it this year.  This Super Bowl champion will be remembered by most all NFL fans as the team that won it THAT year.  But without thinking much of it prior, I just realized that this one is LV, 55.  It struck me as a sign so I felt the need to create a new profile picture.

Buffalo Nickels.JPG

15 hours ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

No...allowed them to run for 245 yards pretty much intentionally to limit their effectiveness in throwing.  You can't shut down everything with teams like that, you have to pick and choose. I would take what they did again if we face them because Allen won't be wearing a shoulder harness this time.