Bring back A. Lynn for OC!

1 minute ago, bigK14094 said:

He replaced Roman, and things got better immediately as I recall.  Maybe that was because Rex didn't meddle in the offense.

The Bills scored 31 points the game Roman was fired after.  They had a lot of talent on offense in 2016 that left a year or 2 later.  Lynn didn't show me anything that made me think he was a good offensive coordinator. 

I must admit that I never want any coach who was part of the Rex Ryan clown show ever to walk the Buffalo Bills sidelines again.  

• Like (+1) 1

I am not sure Lynn would fit, I think he will get an OC position, but I think the passing attack with Josh is clearly the strength of this offense and I am not sure Lynn would be able to craft that type of offense. If Daboll leaves I wouldn't hate seeing Lynn, as he did good with the rookie the Chargers had this year but I think there might either be an internal candidate that is better or another outside candidate that is a better fit. Long story short wouldn't hate Lynn as OC if Daboll leaves but there might be a better fit for Josh than Lynn.

37 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

Lynn is well respected coach. He's a culture fit.

Also, he would help the run game and short passing game; the Bills' (arguably) least effective facet of the offense.

Not to Mention Herbert was still slinging the ball out there.

He lost games because he routinely sat on leads and went conservative.

And the “run game” is perfect the way it is. A support function for a team that leads with passing.

Lynn is a Rex Ryan holdover. 

50 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

If Daboll leaves, we should bring back Lynn.

It wasn't a bad breakup when he left. I wonder if he is willing to come back.

I want to say you are joking around but I can't tell. Anyways I can't see a scenario where if Daboll leaves that they don't promote within and they and keep around what Josh knows as much as they can 

10 minutes ago, r00tabaga said:

Ken Dorsey. I wold be surprised if hadn’t been groomed in some way. Close with Allen. Close with Dabs.

Stay in house.

Dorsey comes with some good experience.  But, none as an OC.  Daboll, on the other hand, had that job a few other places. (Alabama, Miami, and maybe one other) before coming here.)  Also, 9 years on Belicheck's staff...but never got promoted there.  I still wonder about that with the great job Dabs has done here.  Of course, he has the horses, as they say, this year.  The superior Josh, Diggs, Brown, Beasley.......better line.  (OK, no TE really, just pretenders)  Not sure Dorsey can do the schemimg needed to put together a game plan....that is taking opponent tape input used to put together the game plan every week.  THAT is what the OC does.  Still, I think continuity arguments and his connection to McD will result in him getting the job.  Of course, its a tough situation coming in after Daboll....as he has a GREAT record this year of being a clairvoyant OC, tough act to follow.