I’ll be extremely disappointed if Allen doesn’t get brought up for MVP

The guy played lights out this season and proved a lot of doubters wrong about him. He broke both of Kelly and Bledsoe’s stats and He has everything we’ve wanted in a QB for so long. He’s a hell of a leader and his teammates and coaching staff love him. We found our franchise QB and I see a lot of amazing years ahead of us. It 

Go Bills!!!

Just now, BuffaloBills1998 said:

The guy played lights out this season and proved a lot of doubters wrong about him. He broke both of Kelly and Bledsoe’s stats and He has everything we’ve wanted in a QB for so long. He’s a hell of a leader and his teammates and coaching staff love him. We found our franchise QB and I see a lot of amazing years ahead of us. It 

Go Bills!!!

Kelly and Bledsoe werent that good.

• Haha (+1) 3

Just now, JoPoy88 said:

Allen is being “brought up” in the MVP conversation. He is going to get votes. Probably not enough to win, but he is 100% getting recognition. 

This.

He'll get some votes, but Aaron Rodgers is going to win it this year. Allen will finish 2nd or 3rd in voting.

Even as a Bills fan, I can't complain. Allen's season has been incredible, but Rodgers' has been even better.

Fear not, Allen will win an MVP award or two in the years to come. This year just isn't his year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think the odds are pretty heavy it goes 

1) Rodgers 

2) Mahomes 

3) Allen

Any fan can make an argument for each to win but I think we all know there is a little popularity into this award. 
Rodgers is closing in on the end, it means more to his legacy. Mahomes is the new NFL poster boy. 
Allen is on his way. He’s going to get recognition but he’s not “there” yet 

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

This.

He'll get some votes, but Aaron Rodgers is going to win it this year. Allen will finish 2nd or 3rd in voting.

Even as a Bills fan, I can't complain. Allen's season has been incredible, but Rodgers' has been even better.

Fear not, Allen will win an MVP award or two in the years to come. This year just isn't his year.

MVP is the Most Valuable Player in the NFL. 

Josh Allen accounted for 84% of Buffalo's TD's and Rodgers accounted for 73%. The stats are not that far off in terms of total yards / TD's on either side. Josh actually has many more yards than Rodgers. I think Josh has a SERIOUS case for MVP.

FWIW... I believe Rodgers has been absolutely INCREDIBLE. He's the best QB to ever step foot on the field (Brady is the most winning, I get that... Rodgers is just far superior in virtually every other aspect.) I think he's going to win it, I just don't think the two are that far apart.

24 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Kelly and Bledsoe werent that good.

Kelly was great and he was tough as nails, but he had no where near the skills that Allen has. What Kelly had was the Option of NFL MVP and HOFer Thurman Thomas at his side. Kelly was the Leader of the Bills, but Thurman Thomas was the piece of the puzzle that made it possible. Allen is like Thurman, he is so dangerous as a player with his multiple skill sets. Kelly was a game manager that called the plays at the line, Allen is a game changer that can make plays Kelly physically could not. 

Kelly was a star at Miami and was drafted as an expected starting QB. Kelly had a serious attitude of being superior when drafted and went after the money in Houston before that league folded.  Allen was a question mark and seemed quite humble coming into the league. Allen had to earn everything before and after the draft. Allens attitude and potential got him here. 

Kelly is a different person now after suffering some life tragedies, he grew as a person later in life.  Josh is years ahead of him in that regard. 

Both are great, but in their own way. 

Edited by thronethinker
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Never NEVER Give-up said:

Serious consideration would be nice, but Rodgers should win it.  

On what basis?  I see a lot of people just blindly repeat this, but I don't think there's any real reason, other than name recognition, to pick Rodgers over Allen for this award.  Their stats (including W-L) are pretty much indistinguishable, so that can't be the reason...