Tremaine Edmunds coming up on CBS Sports Radio 1pm-2pm EST

Will post audo link when it becomes available later

- Thoughts on 30 pt 13th win

- Amazing, anytime you get a victory waking up the next day it always is - but our minds are set on bigger goals.  Everything starts over - gotta press the reset button and get our minds prepared for the playoff run.  The guys are motivated, I'm motivated, it's gonna be fun

- Mindset going into game

- You watch the game and you can just see the group of guys in the locker room.  Just see the leadership we have on the team - how everybody takes it one game at a time.  Nobody takes their foot off the gas, everybody excited to be out there.  We approach every game like its our last game - and if you do that you're going to have guys flying around, guys playing their balls off <ed.  yes he said it> It was spectactular for me just being one of the leaders on the team - just to see how the guys approached it and to see how hungry we were.  I think that summarizes it - just to see that everybody is hungry for more.  It was a bigtime win right before we get into it in the playoffs.  I'm excited - everybody in the building is excited.

- leader as 3rd season, 22 yrs old

- As leader have to be open to what other people say - hear criticism from other people and not just think that your way is always right.  Make sure I'm leading the guys whether it be on the field in the weight room or in meetings - how I carry myself, carry myself very professional-like.  Try to show the guys I'm about business and I just want to win at the end of the day

- Lorax

- Zo is my guy.  Just coming in as a young guy and having someone to look up to.  He's been around for a long time and had a lot of success in the league.  To see someone around the building - in the LB room - doing things the right way was great for me to see.  Anytime I had a question he didn't hesitate to answer.  We would go over games, just a great leader.  He had a lot of success with the Bills and the league.  To see a guy like that take every day like it's his last day.  I appreciate him for everything he did for me

- Defense

- Guys we have - we hold each other accountable.  Any time someone's down or whatever we're not afraid to let that person know.  It's something special.  Even at practice we hold each other to a high standard.  We preach all the time playoff caliber standard  When you have that, have guys appraching practice like a game, everybody's mindset is to get better.  When we watch the film as a team you can just see that.  It's about what we do when we're in the building together.  Just seeing how we gel - see guys get out there and compete every day.  That's why we're having the sucess that we've had

- Offseason - training with brothers/Mom

- Offseason training's definitely tough.  You look forward to it, but at the same time don't.  We were doing a little bit of everything.  Track workouts - my Mom's a track athlete - any track workout for speed or conditioning - those workouts are always tough.  Hills, stadiums, stairs - anything you can imagine.  The pandemic worked out for us in a way because we got to train with each other, compete with each other and make each other better

- How much did working out with brothers push and motivate you

- Motivated us a lot.  Anytime you have your brothers and your all training for the same goal, to be the best at your position.  Anytime you have guys with the same mindset as you, good things are going to come out of it.  Even the days that we don't feel like going out there, push each other to go get it.  Push each other to push ourselves a little bit more than what we did the previous days.  When you have those type of guys around you there's no way you can settle for being average or mediocre - it's going to make you be the best you can be.  

- Days don't feel like doing it

- We all have those days - you hurt or just aren't in the mood.  It has to be something that triggers your mind and your body - everyone finds motivation in different ways.  I think the biggest thing is find something that motivates you - once you find that I think that's what's going to get you up on those days.  You've got to look yourself in the mirror - and if you really want something you have to be honest with yourself and say this is what I'm going to do, this is how far I'm willing to go.  At the end of the day you never know how far you can really go - you always have to push yourself to go further.  Biggest thing is to find something that motivates you - once you find that motivation it will carry you 

- Limited fans Sat

- It's going to be amazing.  We've been one of the teams who hasn't had fans all year.  Bills Mafia is one of the best fan bases I've been a part of.  Even with those limited fans they're still going to be loud - that's what the Bills Mafia brings.  I'm looking forward to it

- Pro Bowl

- It means a lot.  I'm blessed for it.  It's an honor to be acknowledged by guys across the league - not just the guys but also coaches and fans.  I really appraciate, I don't take those things for granted.  To be looked at as that caliber player by your peers means a lot.  I've got my mind on bigger things - I'm happy for the individual awards, but ultimately I want to get that team award - so that's what I'm looking forward to.  

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 4

13 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Did Edmunds really have pro bowl numbers this year? I like him as a player and I know he is young and still getting better but he had more than a few bad games this year.

Hard to play with one arm and he gutted it out.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

Hard to play with one arm and he gutted it out.

I’m a huge fan of Edmunds but his stats this year put him nowhere near the pro bowl. I know he played through injury and is rounding back into form but he just doesn’t have the numbers for the pro bowl.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I’m a huge fan of Edmunds but his stats this year put him nowhere near the pro bowl. I know he played through injury and is rounding back into form but he just doesn’t have the numbers for the pro bowl.

The players vote plays a big role and if your a well liked guy your friends look after you.

9 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Happily I think guys like Tremaine and Josh are able to externalise fan and media 'feedback'. They work hard and improve themselves and the team. People who don't see that will always try to reconcile their stats versus their draft position.

1 hour ago, JMF2006 said:

The players vote plays a big role and if your a well liked guy your friends look after you.

I agree that the players vote plays a big role. Let’s use Allen as a example, if next year he was injured for 3 weeks then played injured for another 3. Allens numbers at the end of the year are 3,500 24td 9ints. That’s not going to make the Pro Bowl even with the players vote.

it was like a switch flipped with Tremaine the 2nd half of the year.  I don’t know that I’ve noticed a single play in the last couple months where I’ve gone “what the hell, Tremaine”.  I guess the injury he was playing through had a lot to do with that??

9 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

it was like a switch flipped with Tremaine the 2nd half of the year.  I don’t know that I’ve noticed a single play in the last couple months where I’ve gone “what the hell, Tremaine”.  I guess the injury he was playing through had a lot to do with that??

Fraser said that with the injury he regressed as far his technique.    Had to do a little work once he started getting healthy to get his form back to where he was.