So, we're rooting for Pittsburgh next week, right?

BisonMan

I don't think it matters much who we play next - I do not fear any of these potential foes much more than the others. We should be well able to handle any of them - win 2 games & we'll see KC in the AFC Championship game (if KC makes it that far!).

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Absolutely.

Let Kansas City deal with Baltimore/Tennessee, especially Baltimore.

All three of those teams are brutal matchups for the Bills and any of the three imo could survive. You get Derrick Henry on a roll and the Titans are brutal, same thing with Lamar.

3 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

:oops:

Uh...I'm not sure you understand the protocol of online forums. You are supposed to defend your position until it become completely untenable and then devolve the thread into name calling. Under no circumstances should you ever admit any kind of error. Are you even an American?  🤪

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 14
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BisonMan said:

Uh...I'm not sure you understand the protocol of online forums. You are supposed to defend your position until it become completely untenable and then devolve the thread into name calling. Under no circumstances should you ever admit any kind of error. Are you even an American?  🤪

I actually got a good chuckle out of that.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Beast said:

Whoever gives KC the harder game I want that to happen.

I also think that the Titan or Ravens have the best chance to knock off the Chiefs and give us another home field game for the AFC Title!

I also want the Bears to run the table in the NFC so our Super Bowl is a walk in the park...uh...perhaps I'm taking this too far.

• Haha (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

KC will play in KC  the lowest surviving seed after the first wild card round.  The Bills if they will will play the other one.  If the Bills lose to the Colts then KC plays the Colts.

They do not re-seed.

KC will play the lowest surviving seed.

confusion seems to be semantics for some. They dont reseed. They just change the bracket so lowest remaining seed plays highest remaining seed at highest seed home stadium. 

Honestly... I would rather play the Steelers than the Titans. That said, I'm not really what to think about playing the Titans again. The last time we played them, we didn't know for sure who we were going to be playing and had to game plan on a short time frame. We got crushed... but we're not the same team that we were then either. Their Defense is mediocre at best of that Henry is an absolute beast and very tough to stop in the run game.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, BisonMan said:

Given the seeding, I think we'd rather play Pittsburgh as opposed to the winner of the Titan/Ravens game. If the Browns win, they'll draw KC in round 2, automatically. 

I much prefer a Bills/Steelers rematch in Orchard Park over facing either of the running games from Tennessee or Baltimore.

Am I figuring this right? Anyone disagree?

Cart before the horse.  Bad karma!

Just now, cba fan said:

confusion seems to be semantics for some. They dont reseed. They just change the bracket so lowest remaining seed plays highest remaining seed at highest seed home stadium. 

Also I always have an issue with the expressions for draft picks and seedings.  If you want a "high" draft pick, should that mean an earlier round 1st or 2nd or a later round like a  7th?  

1 minute ago, BigPappy said:

Honestly... I would rather play the Steelers than the Titans. That said, I'm not really what to think about playing the Titans again. The last time we played them, we didn't know for sure who we were going to be playing and had to game plan on a short time frame. We got crushed... but we're not the same team that we were then either. Their Defense is mediocre at best of that Henry is an absolute beast and very tough to stop in the run game.

That is all true plus our defense was near its bottom.  I have read the stories about Milano, Edmonds and Tre White were all banged up for a while but I am still amazed how the defense has turned around.

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

No, the seeding doesn't re-set. So, IF the Bills win, they play the winner of the Steelers / Browns game, while KC plays the winner of the Ravens / Titans game. That was why the #2 seed was so important, along with home field if they play two rounds. If the Bills keep winning and KC were to keep winning, they couldn't face off until the AFC Championship game. 

This is false. It is not a bracket format like other sports. KC will play the lowest advancing seed.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Sure, and I don't disagree. 

However, let's also be careful of what we wish for.   The Steelers are the team we have scored the fewest points against going back the last two months, plus 7 of those were due to a defensive TD.

Our timing with the Steelers was incredible, it was their third game in 11 days.  

• Like (+1) 1

My dream scenario is Browns beat Steelers and the Titans beat the Ravens.

Bills obviously dismantle the Colts and then get the Titans in the second round. 

The Steelers are getting healthier and Ben has recovered a bit from his injury. I think the Bills can stop the Titans enough and the Titans defense is absolutely atrocious.

11 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Also I always have an issue with the expressions for draft picks and seedings.  If you want a "high" draft pick, should that mean an earlier round 1st or 2nd or a later round like a  7th?  

yeah it is all point of view and gets confusing..............

mind ***** example......you are surfing on internet..... you click on multiple websites. For illustrative purposes lets call them sites    A   B   C   D   E   F   G     you went through in abc order and now are on G site, then you hit back button and go to F site. Now you are on F site and you hit "BACK" button again. LOL......where should it take you......???  back one to E site or back to where you just came from?? G site?? lol 

the draft gets confusing because if you move down in a round the number of the pick goes up. If you move up the number gets smaller. 

Edited by cba fan
  • Like (+1) 1