So, we're rooting for Pittsburgh next week, right?

BisonMan

Given the seeding, I think we'd rather play Pittsburgh as opposed to the winner of the Titan/Ravens game. If the Browns win, they'll draw KC in round 2, automatically. 

I much prefer a Bills/Steelers rematch in Orchard Park over facing either of the running games from Tennessee or Baltimore.

Am I figuring this right? Anyone disagree?

• Like (+1) 16
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

No, the seeding doesn't re-set. So, IF the Bills win, they play the winner of the Steelers / Browns game, while KC plays the winner of the Ravens / Titans game. That was why the #2 seed was so important, along with home field if they play two rounds. If the Bills keep winning and KC were to keep winning, they couldn't face off until the AFC Championship game. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BigBuff423 said:

No, the seeding doesn't re-set. So, IF the Bills win, they play the winner of the Steelers / Browns game, while KC plays the winner of the Ravens / Titans game. That was why the #2 seed was so important, along with home field if they play two rounds. If the Bills keep winning and KC were to keep winning, they couldn't face off until the AFC Championship game. 

I do not think this is true at all...

• Like (+1) 17
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Yeah the only problem with the Steelers are the damn obnoxious Steeler fans and their idiotic terrible towels will try to invade our stadium.  I just hope with all the Covid protocol we can keep them out, certainly dont want to start a plague in Pittsburgh do we.

Would be very tough for them to do given the restrictions on who can buy tickets, and no resale allowed.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BisonMan said:

Given the seeding, I think we'd rather play Pittsburgh as opposed to the winner of the Titan/Ravens game. If the Browns win, they'll draw KC in round 2, automatically. 

I much prefer a Bills/Steelers rematch in Orchard Park over facing either of the running games from Tennessee or Baltimore.

Am I figuring this right? Anyone disagree?

"We" are only rooting for the Bills every week. 🙂

We are going to run into a good running team at some point (KC ran a lot against us) so we cant hope to avoid such a game. If we are to win the AFC Championship or Superbowl, we have to beat any flavor of team(s). Which we did after the Chiefs game

Edited by Fan in Chicago
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

Highest seed always get the worst seed left.

• Like (+1) 14
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

That is incorrect. They re-seed.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

KC will play in KC  the lowest surviving seed after the first wild card round.  The Bills if they will will play the other one.  If the Bills lose to the Colts then KC plays the Colts.

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

They do not re-seed.

KC will play the lowest surviving seed.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Yea Id rather play Pittsburgh for sure. That said I think we can beat anyone. Baltimore worries me since theyre kinda rolling and theyre such a different style of team to prepare for.

But the way we have been playing lately I think we can beat anyone.

First up is the Colts.

2 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

KC will play in KC  the lowest surviving seed after the first wild card round.  The Bills if they will will play the other one.  If the Bills lose to the Colts then KC plays the Colts.

Yup, here's how ESPN describes it (https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30646089/nfl-playoffs-super-bowl-schedule-afc-nfc-bracket-seeds-tv-s-more)

Divisional round: Jan. 16, 17

No. 1-seeded Chiefs and Packers will host the lowest remaining seeds in their respective conferences.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

9 minutes ago, wjag said:

Highest seed always get the worst seed left.

9 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

6 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

:oops:

Honestly, it's been a while since I've paid this close attention....is that a good excuse? Yeah, that's it...that one. Let's go with that....

:doh:

Edited by BigBuff423
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

They do not re-seed.

KC will play the lowest surviving seed.

Right, thats what I meant. They adjust the line up depending on who survives.