Brian Daboll - Assistants

OnTheRocks

3 minutes ago, OnTheRocks said:

If Daboll takes a head coaching job, who is he most likely to take with him currently on the Bill Staff?

Does Dorsey get the first look at the OC position? Or does he move with Daboll?

Chad Hall is a rising star

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, OnTheRocks said:

If Daboll takes a head coaching job, who is he most likely to take with him currently on the Bill Staff?

I’ve heard WRs coach, Chad Hall’s name mentioned along with Dorsey for internal candidates for OC if Daboll leaves.  Seems like the players really love Hall, but I expect Dorsey would be first in line.

3 minutes ago, OnTheRocks said:

It’s not a given he’ll take anyone. He’s been in the business a long time his connections reach out much farther than Buffalo. He can reward some of his current buffalo guys as they have a chance to move up replacing him, while also possibly reaching out to other connections and helping them get jobs. 

• Like (+1) 1

I think Dorsey is probably the favorite. Hall has only been a position coach for a season or two.

As far as guys Daboll would take: the only guy that has a real tie to him is Ryan Wendell. I'd imagine Daboll would be the playcaller, so he's probably going to be looking for teacher types and guys he has history with to start and maybe a previous HC. Lots of former Pats coaches will be out there with the firings in Houston and Detroit so I think those would be obvious targets for him.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Magox said:

Ken Dorsey or Chad Hall.

I wouldn't be surprised if either of the two get promoted to OC.  I would be surprised if the Bills went outside of the organization to fill the role.

Well.. Chad Hall doesn’t have a whole lot of experience.. He’s a great WR coach but I don’t see him as being anywhere near ready for that much responsibility.. Dorsey may be the next in line.. With that said, Buffalo boasts a top 5 QB in this league.. Very, very talented offensive minds would love to work with Allen.. What a cush job.. We should be able to hire just about anyone to fill that OC spot..

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Not a Bills concern but I was told a month ago he was trying to line up Matt Patricia as his defensive coordinator. Chad O'Shea was the other name I heard. Not sure if that was for OC or a position coach. 

Makes alot of sense. He interviewed last year so he has a list of coaches.

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Not a Bills concern but I was told a month ago he was trying to line up Matt Patricia as his defensive coordinator. Chad O'Shea was the other name I heard. Not sure if that was for OC or a position coach. 

Patricia makes a lot of sense, as they know each other well from pats days.  Depends  if Patricia wants to work again so soon...as he is likely collecting a couple of more years of pay from the Lions for not working.  He would be working for nothing......but most of these coaches would rather be at work.

Most of the staff in buffalo I believe would stay - maybe all get a little bit of a raise but there is no reason to move with daboll

Although if daboll is smart he isn't calling plays as a head coach

4 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

Patricia makes a lot of sense, as they know each other well from pats days.  Depends  if Patricia wants to work again so soon...as he is likely collecting a couple of more years of pay from the Lions for not working.  He would be working for nothing......but most of these coaches would rather be at work.

Thats a good point

I guess it depends if Patricia wants to be a head coach again or is content with being a coordinator

Head coach he should get right back in, coordinator take a year off enjoy life and your money

34 minutes ago, OnTheRocks said:

Bear in mind that most of the assistants are still under contract to the Bills.  It would not be Daboll's option, but the Bills option if they stay or go.

13 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

I guess it depends if Patricia wants to be a head coach again or is content with being a coordinator

Head coach he should get right back in, coordinator take a year off enjoy life and your money

A number of HC who failed in their first stint have said the most valuable thing for them, in hindsight, was to take a year off and self-assess/regroup

26 minutes ago, BrooklynBills said:

I think Dorsey is probably the favorite. Hall has only been a position coach for a season or two.

As far as guys Daboll would take: the only guy that has a real tie to him is Ryan Wendell. I'd imagine Daboll would be the playcaller, so he's probably going to be looking for teacher types and guys he has history with to start and maybe a previous HC. Lots of former Pats coaches will be out there with the firings in Houston and Detroit so I think those would be obvious targets for him.

Yeah Ken Dorsey seems the odds on favorite, Chad Hall definitely seems like a rising guy though most of his talk I think is coming from the fact that his WRs bought him a ***** truck.

36 minutes ago, BrooklynBills said:

I always like to look at it as who they've worked with in the past.  Jim Bob Cooter comes to mind as a former OC.  Chad O'Shea worked with him in NE for years.  Dan Campbell is another.  All 3 would be looking to improve their positioning at HC jobs in the future.  Taking dorsey would be a challenge - assuming Dorsey has been promised the job here it goes from Allen/Diggs and playcalling to - ??? and not calling plays... Which sets you up better to be a future HC?

I could see Crennel as DC assuming Daboll doesn't end up in Houston.  Other options might be babich or washington from Buffalo.  Matt Patricia could also get a look there.  

57 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

These are the exact two guys I would imagine he'd go after.  He and Patricia have a ton of history together, and O'Shea has a lot of knowledge of the Erhardt Perkins offense.   Seems like I havent seen Daboll tied to a lot of jobs yet though.