A Few Thoughts About the Dolphins Game, in no particular order

Virgil

4 minutes ago, maddenboy said:

This !!

I was thinking how cool JA is for that.  "I'm not so good or so cool that I cant follow a rookie to get my 5.  And I'm going to get this 5, because I'm the team leader.  You need to get this 5 from me, maybe more than I need it.  I need all my troops to feel that I am their natural leader."

• Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Virgil said:

It wasn't supposed to be like this.  Yes, quite a few locked playoff teams played their starters to gain better seeding positioning and we did pull the majority of our guys by halftime.  We were playing a playoff hopeful team that had many fans worried could surge mid-way through the season and threaten as AFC East champions.  With that, there was no way we would absolutely humiliate and destroy the Dolphins, right?  We aren't that level of elite team, are we? 

Honestly, I don't even know what to say about this team anymore.  I wasn't expecting this game nor the back-half of this season.  If, at the beginning of the season, I told you to pick one of the following to be true, which would you pick:

-Bojo leads the NFL in yards per punt

-Bass breaks teams single season point record

-Allen breaks the single season passing record

-Allen breaks the single season TD record

-Allen has almost 5k total yards and 46 total touchdowns

-Diggs leads the NFL in total receptions

-Diggs leads the NFL in total yards

-Bills score over 500 points

-Bills are 13-3, easily could have been 14-2

-Allen is a legitimate MVP candidate

The fact that all of those are true is simply astounding.  We are the team that no one wants to face in the playoffs.  We are the offensive juggernaut with a defense that creates turnovers and a special teams that flips field position.  It's amazing.  Just amazing.

Go Bills!

Absolutely dead on, Virgil!     The Bills have been on an offensive rampage this season, and they've gotten better as the season's gone on.  The defense struggled early on, but now that's gotten into high gear ... and yesterday, they demonstrated that their STs ain't no weak sister, either!  They wiped the stadium turf with a good Dolphins team.   They could have beaten anybody yesterday.  

I can't imagine that any Bills fans truly thought that this team would be this good ... or even could be this good  ... this year or maybe any year.   I have been repeatedly impressed and increasingly amazed by the Bills in the second half of the season.   I remember the Glory Years teams, and it used to pain me to watch tapes of those teams and be reminded of how much better those 90s teams were compared to the trash teams the Bills fielded for most of the 2000s.   It's hard to compare teams from different eras, but I think the 2020 Bills are at least as good as those SB teams from the 1990s, and they may be very well be much better.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

I know, I know.......

I almost went back and updated the original post to put a bonus thought about him.  It's hard for me because he's not going to take time from Motor or Moss and he did it against a broken Dolphins defense.  He was still very impressive and would love to see him get more time

3 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Junction, this isn’t the Rob Johnson/Flutie thing.  Allen is the unequivocal starter no matter what.  Fitzy is  38 years old brother.  By next year 39.  Not one guy on this board wants him as a starting QB.  He is just simply the best backup QB in the NFL right now.  Allen has absolutely nothing to fear at all.

I was joking around about the injury part of the cycle which begins the process. The only way Fitz could actually usurp Allen is with an Alex Smith or Teddy Bridgewater type of catastrophe. 🪵. Was trying to say that without saying it. 

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

I know, I know.......

I almost went back and updated the original post to put a bonus thought about him.  It's hard for me because he's not going to take time from Motor or Moss and he did it against a broken Dolphins defense.  He was still very impressive and would love to see him get more time

He earned a camp spot and an opportunity to show what he can do next year. Damn good showing, and I hope we don’t need him until OTAs. 

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

I know, I know.......

The hole for the one TD was so massive I feel any running back could have scored.  

10 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

I was joking around about the injury part of the cycle which begins the process. The only way Fitz could actually usurp Allen is with an Alex Smith or Teddy Bridgewater type of catastrophe. 🪵. Was trying to say that without saying it. 

He earned a camp spot and an opportunity to show what he can do next year. Damn good showing, and I hope we don’t need him until OTAs. 

My fault Junction.  I was shocked, but get the sarcasm.  💪😇. If we had Fitzy, I’d roll with two next year and just Stowe Fromm on  the PS.  I swear Fitz could pronpbably play for a couple of years even at his age.  Besides, talk about the best fan favorite backup to Allen since May God be with You Reich.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, IslandBillsFan said:

Does anyone know where I can watch the full Bills Dolphins replay?  Sunday Ticket already has all the content down.  There are a couple plays that I am trying to review (not big highlights.)  Any ideas?

Not sure if we're allowed to put a link to another fan forum here, so remove if necessary.

I used to post these here as well, but one of the mods has a problem with it, and since I only do this for my fellow deployed fans, I didn't want to upset the board mods, so I quit. That is why I'll put the other site's post up rather than the link to my site specifically.

http://www.billievers.com/forums/showthread.php/41662-2020-Bills-Games-40-Minute-Condensed-Versions

P.S. it has the full game for most of the weeks as well as the "40-minute/condensed version" too.

Edited by timekills17

On 1/3/2021 at 10:51 PM, Big Turk said:

@Virgil I take no issue with Barkley to Davis late in the game. That was a message sent to Flores to stop playing games and calling timeouts when they are trying to run the clock out on the ground.

You want to keep calling timeouts to try and get the ball back? Fine. We will just put up another 7 and now you can have the ball back.

So far this is my favorite post of the year.