Week 17 SNF: Washington Football Team at Eagles

I'm sorry but 6-10 football teams don't get to be entitled about possible playoff appearances. As much as the Eagles supposedly tanked the game they only lost by 3 points. Hurts was pulled because he was playing terrible and there was effectively no way for Philly to win with either QB.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I'm sorry but 6-10 football teams don't get to be entitled about possible playoff appearances. As much as the Eagles supposedly tanked the game they only lost by 3 points. Hurts was pulled because he was playing terrible and there was effectively no way for Philly to win with either QB.

A 6-10 team, a 15-1 team, and an 0-16 team all deserve to have the teams playing in the rest of the league give actual effort.  I don’t care one bit either way about Philly, NYG or WFT but what happened tonight is summarized perfectly by the Jalen Hurts gif upthread. It’s not right.

Just now, 4merper4mer said:

A 6-10 team, a 15-1 team, and an 0-16 team all deserve to have the teams playing in the rest of the league give actual effort.  I don’t care one bit either way about Philly, NYG or WFT but what happened tonight is summarized perfectly by the Jalen Hurts gif upthread. It’s not right.

I just don't understand what people are seeing that makes them think it was an intentional loss. Hurts was playing terrible. The only other active QB was Sudfeld. There was zero chance of either QB winning this game. If they were tanking why start Hurts in the first place? Why not run on every down? What happened is the Eagles tried for 3 quarters and then Pederson realized Hurts doesn't have it. I'm not saying he's a good coach but everyone assuming he lost on purpose makes no sense to me.

1 minute ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

What will get lost after the Sudfeld decision was how he punted from the opponents' 35 and then went for it from the 4 instead of kicking the game tying field goal on consecutive drives.

The eschewing of the tying FG was beyond stupid but I missed the. Punt from the 35.  I did see Sudfeld’s arm punt.  That was nice.

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I just don't understand what people are seeing that makes them think it was an intentional loss. Hurts was playing terrible. The only other active QB was Sudfeld. There was zero chance of either QB winning this game. If they were tanking why start Hurts in the first place? Why not run on every down? What happened is the Eagles tried for 3 quarters and then Pederson realized Hurts doesn't have it. I'm not saying he's a good coach but everyone assuming he lost on purpose makes no sense to me.

I mean that's true but it felt like they buttered the ball once Sudfield was in.

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Hurts wasn't playing well but he was already dangerous enough with his legs to lead 2 scoring drives.  They didn't have zero chance with him in there and it was a 3 point game.  They had zero chance with Sudfeld.  Based on what we saw Sudfeld couldn't lead a single scoring drive if you gave him 60 minutes.

That was rough. After a day when teams that had no playoff chance played like they had everything on the line, the Eagles just folded.

It was disrespectful to the players on the field. They were fighting hard to win that game.