Round 1 Playoff: Colts at Bills - Sat. 1/9 1:05pm

YoloinOhio

Colts aren't anything special in the red zone. They might get some yards, but they won't keep up with the Bills offense. Barring Josh getting way too amped and freaking out (which isn't going to happen), bills win comfortably. 

• Like (+1) 2

NFL.com writer Kevin Patra wrote these words with a presumably straight face in his Bills-Colts preview.

"To pull off the upset, Rivers needs to hit on big plays against a defense that is susceptible deep -- allowing the 18th-most big plays this season."

18th most, in a league with only 32 teams.  Those were words an actual professional sports writer wrote that got through an editor.  Does he think we're in college with 200+ teams?

I'm also tired of only ever hearing "if the Colts do this and this, they win" and "the Colts match up well against the Bills".  No one is considering what happens if the Bills ALSO bring their A-game.  No one's talking about the matchup of the Colts' weaker secondary against our pass attack.

• Thank you (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, elroy16 said:

Colts aren't anything special in the red zone. They might get some yards, but they won't keep up with the Bills offense. Barring Josh getting way too amped and freaking out (which isn't going to happen), bills win comfortably. 

I saw the stat about their red zone efficiency earlier and it was about scoring, not TDs. 

Just looked up their efficiency for TDs only. 

71%  home

47% away

• Thank you (+1) 1

Something else I found on Twitter.  Someone with a functional brain said the Colts will win because the Bills will be looking past this game to the divisional round because...reasons?  He basically said our first home playoff game in decades is a trap game.  I just can't even with the internet tonight.

5 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

NFL.com writer Kevin Patra wrote these words with a presumably straight face in his Bills-Colts preview.

"To pull off the upset, Rivers needs to hit on big plays against a defense that is susceptible deep -- allowing the 18th-most big plays this season."

18th most, in a league with only 32 teams.  Those were words an actual professional sports writer wrote that got through an editor.  Does he think we're in college with 200+ teams?

I'm also tired of only ever hearing "if the Colts do this and this, they win" and "the Colts match up well against the Bills".  No one is considering what happens if the Bills ALSO bring their A-game.  No one's talking about the matchup of the Colts' weaker secondary against our pass attack.

You forgot "if the bills don't do this". Or "if Allen doesn't do that" 

Honestly, they have been pumping the bills all week so I'm not shocked they are trying to come in even at the finish line just to save face. 

Edited by The Wiz

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

You forgot "if the bills don't do this". Or "if Allen doesn't do that" 

DON'T REMIND ME.  People also only keep talking about how the Colts have a good run game and the Bills have a bad run defense, so advantage Colts.  Completely ignoring that us allowing 125 rush yards per game only lasted til the bye week.  Since then we cut that down to 94 per game.

9 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Something else I found on Twitter.  Someone with a functional brain said the Colts will win because the Bills will be looking past this game to the divisional round because...reasons?  He basically said our first home playoff game in decades is a trap game.  I just can't even with the internet tonight.

some guy on Twitter?!?

18 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

The Colts are leaning into the underdog story and fans are buying in.

It's not like they're going up against perennial contenders, though. The Bills don't take this for granted.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

some guy on Twitter?!?

I can't sleep.  So more Twitter stuff I found!

"I just feel like the Ravens are winning and the colts  sneak one out last as well. Titans and Bills haven’t shown me enough."

Bills haven't shown him enough, lololol.

52 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I saw the stat about their red zone efficiency earlier and it was about scoring, not TDs. 

Just looked up their efficiency for TDs only. 

71%  home

47% away

The away number is pretty bad. 

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/red-zone-scoring-pct

Below average on the year and not much better the last 3.

I think they'll get some yards but I don't think they'll score enough to keep up.