Round 1 Playoff: Colts at Bills - Sat. 1/9 1:05pm

YoloinOhio

Just now, 97bills said:

I got a question why don’t teams play us like we did KC 6 DB and make us beat them with the run we haven’t really showed to many times this year we can stick to the run. I wouldn’t be surprised if the colts do this or try go all in on the pass if we run so be it it’s better to give up some runs then big plays to the pass. What do y’all think go bills. 

Teams have tried it since we played KC in week 6. 

Josh has shown he can adjust to it now. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

A John Elway when Elway was pretty mobile, but more mobile.... better comparison 

Before this season I thought his comparable was Elway. A guy who won, was incredibly clutch but stats would never blow you away

This season has changed that, he is into the territory of the never seen before

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Before this season I thought his comparable was Elway. A guy who won, was incredibly clutch but stats would never blow you away

This season has changed that, he is into the territory of the never seen before

Im surprised a comparison of Steve Young isn’t brought up more 

2 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

In a nutshell: Josh is faster, can plow through the largest linebackers, has more juke, a tad more accurate on short throws, and he can throw it over the mountains. Young was left handed.

44 minutes ago, Cruiserplayer said:

In a nutshell: Josh is faster, can plow through the largest linebackers, has more juke, a tad more accurate on short throws, and he can throw it over the mountains. Young was left handed.

At the risk of hyperbole, he's as accurate, smart and mobile as Young and as big as Elway. In short, he's a bigger, faster, stronger Mahomes. I say that not as a homer but based on the evidence. No, he hasn't won the Super Bowl yet, but otherwise he's simply offers more than Mahomes. (Will lightning strike me dead by comparing him to the Holy One?)

48 minutes ago, Cruiserplayer said:

Josh has unreal arm talent, some of the throws he makes on the move are eye-popping, he can hit nearly any spot in a 40 yard radius, from almost any position on the field.  We do need to find a reliable tight end for him, Is there a George Kittle clone rattling around anywhere?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PolishPrince said:

Much more arm talent than Young. Not quite as pinpoint accurate (although he's getting there). Much larger and faster, but probably not quite as shifty.

Not the best comparison, really.

4 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Much more arm talent than Young. Not quite as pinpoint accurate (although he's getting there). Much larger and faster, but probably not quite as shifty.

Not the best comparison, really.

The biggest reason that it’s a relevant comparison is that Young was Josh’s role model as a high school player.  He has said that he tried to emulate Young, and remember this was prior to him becoming Paul Bunyan.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, 97bills said:

I got a question why don’t teams play us like we did KC 6 DB and make us beat them with the run we haven’t really showed to many times this year we can stick to the run. I wouldn’t be surprised if the colts do this or try go all in on the pass if we run so be it it’s better to give up some runs then big plays to the pass. What do y’all think go bills. 

They try... alla Pats with all DBs on the field.  We just have too many weapons and too good of players.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Rhode Island Red said:

The biggest reason that it’s a relevant comparison is that Young was Josh’s role model as a high school player.  He has said that he tried to emulate Young, and remember this was prior to him becoming Paul Bunyan.

I haven't heard that. Weird that he'd have a QB role model who he was too young to watch play. 

1 minute ago, Richard Noggin said:

I haven't heard that. Weird that he'd have a QB role model who he was too young to watch play. 

I’m probably off on the timing, Young was before JA was in HS.  I know I’ve heard him say he idolized Young, though, probably as a younger kid...

Josh was watching football, and wearing out the living room carpet playing football with his brother when they were tykes.

2 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Young was mostly before JA was BORN. 

Am I THAT far off!?  I believe it if so.  Things conflate after 60, trust me...

7 minutes ago, Rhode Island Red said:

Josh was watching football, and wearing out the living room carpet playing football with his brother when they were tykes.

Am I THAT far off!?  I believe it if so.  Things conflate after 60, trust me...

Allen would have been 2 years old during Young's last full season in the NFL (1998). Young started three more games the next year, and that was it.