Round 1 Playoff: Colts at Bills - Sat. 1/9 1:05pm

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Just want to point out, this Bills team is so powerful and I like a lot of you have a lot of confidence going into this playoff game. However as we are all aware, anything happens in the playoffs.

Remember how good the Pats offense was all those years and once they hit the playoffs teams keep it very close pretty much every game. Just basically saying (to some ppl) that if the Bills offense doesn't look unstoppable as they have for majority of the season, don't be surprised.

I feel we will defeat the Colts but I think it may end up being a closer game than some may want to admit. But this is our chance, our year. Although 2020 sucked, this Bills team is definitely a silver lining and they are definitely championship caliber.

Go Bills!

we aren't blowing out the colts. this is the playoffs and they are one of the most balanced teams in the league 

all that matters is the win. Don't care if we win 9-6. just get that 1st playoff win and then we can start talking about a SB run 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

we aren't blowing out the colts. this is the playoffs and they are one of the most balanced teams in the league 

all that matters is the win. Don't care if we win 9-6. just get that 1st playoff win and then we can start talking about a SB run 

Yes, that's what I was saying. I just know some ppl are expecting the Bills to curb stomp them and run them out of the stadium (and they still may). But the AFC is pretty strong, even if the Bills did play and beat a lot of very strong teams soundly.

Playoffs always seem to surprise you at times.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Yes, that's what I was saying. I just know some ppl are expecting the Bills to curb stomp them and run them out of the stadium (and they still may). But the AFC is pretty strong, even if the Bills did play and beat a lot of very strong teams soundly.

To me the one game on the docket that could be a blow out (either way) is the Baltimore-Tennessee game.  Tennessee is awful on 3rd down and defense.  But they have a battering ram for a RB that had Baltimore DBs running for cover last year.  Baltimore just rushed for 400 yards.  I could see them dismantling the Titans too by rushing it down their throats.  My gut tells me Ravens are motivated to stand up to the Titans who beat them this year in week 10 and derailed last year's coronation.

36 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Busting myths for the 14 NFL playoff teams in 2020: Josh Allen's new strength, and how dangerous are the Ravens? (espn.com)

7. Indianapolis Colts

The myth: The Colts have one of the league's best defenses.

This was the case for the first half of the season. Indianapolis was No. 1 in the league in total defense, if you measure by fewest yards allowed per game, through Week 9. Darius Leonard is a terror at linebacker. DeForest Buckner is a force in the middle of the defensive line. Xavier Rhodes was having a resurgent season at cornerback. The Colts' defense was one of the very best -- if not the best -- into the early part of November.

Why it's wrong: It didn't hold up. From Weeks 10-16, Indy ranked 26th in total defense and 27th in defensive efficiency. In its last three games against teams in the playoff field -- Green Bay, Tennessee and Pittsburgh -- the Colts have allowed an average of 35 points and 390 yards. They did win the Green Bay game in overtime, but they blew a 24-7 second-half lead in Pittsburgh in Week 16 to cost themselves a chance to win the AFC South.

Could they get it together in the postseason? Sure. But they have to go to Buffalo, where the Bills' offense is clicking as well as any in the entire league

And to follow that up with the bills:

The myth: Josh Allen can't beat defenses from the pocket.

Allen had a fine 2019 season, but the book on him was that he was at least as big of a threat to beat teams with his legs as with his arm. Last season, he ranked 21st in the league in Total QBR (53.7), 22nd in touchdown passes (16) and 30th in completion percentage (62.1%) on throws from inside the pocket.

Why it's wrong: Because Allen is a different quarterback in 2020. Through Week 16, he had more dropbacks in the pocket than he did last season (470 to 419) and ranked first in the league in QBR (87.1), seventh in touchdown passes (26) and first in completion percentage (72.9%) on throws from inside the pocket. The jump Allen took from Year 2 to Year 3 is one of the stories of the entire season.

• Like (+1) 9

Colts have played 11 games in domes this year. Their outdoor games were 86 degrees - L @ Jax, 49 degrees @ Chicago, 63 degrees L @ Cleveland, 49degrees @ Tenn, 46 degrees L @ Pittsburgh.  3 of their 5 losses outdoors.

Edited by BearNorth
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Yes - anything can happen in the playoffs. The Colts defense is competitive, but I am confident that our offense will adequately produce - if our "D" plays as it has recently - slowing down the run & putting a lot of pressure on Rivers - I see that as a winning formula for the Bills.

30 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

I'll talk about a SB run now, thanks. It may or may not happen but you have been predicting gloom all year. Nobody cares what you have to say.

19 minutes ago, DJB said:

The Colts are a really good team. We can't take them lightly. Rivers is a statue with a noodle arm so that plays right into our hands nicely however. 

What would make you think the Bills are going to take Indy lightly after what we have witnessed the past few months?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Just want to point out, this Bills team is so powerful and I like a lot of you have a lot of confidence going into this playoff game. However as we are all aware, anything happens in the playoffs.

Remember how good the Pats offense was all those years and once they hit the playoffs teams keep it very close pretty much every game. Just basically saying (to some ppl) that if the Bills offense doesn't look unstoppable as they have for majority of the season, don't be surprised.

I feel we will defeat the Colts but I think it may end up being a closer game than some may want to admit. But this is our chance, our year. Although 2020 sucked, this Bills team is definitely a silver lining and they are definitely championship caliber.

Go Bills!

I am not sure if you are suggesting this or not, but I am taking this like "the bills have been great on offense but dont be surprised if they go kind of conservative because thats what happens in the playoffs"...which, if that is what you are expecting, you are INSANE! 

This offense will be pedal to the metal, full throttle, unleashed. This is our teams identity, that is Josh's identity now. I fully expect them to throw the ball all around the yard and put up points, like they have all year. This better be what we see them attempt to do, its what we do! 

39 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

Taylor has got to be tired AF running so much last week, then pushing this late into a season. They cant expect to lean on him as hard.

While he did carry the ball twice his average yesterday, I think he's fine.

14 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

Colts have played 12 games in domes this year. Their outdoor games were 86 degrees - L @ Jax, 49 degrees @ Chicago, 63 degrees L @ Cleveland, 46 degrees L @ Pittsburgh.  3 of their 5 losses outdoors.

Definitely a possible factor in our favor - a dome team playing in Orchard Park in January. I know that we can't count on extended forecasts, but the extended currently shows Saturday as a high of 29 degrees with light winds. Perhaps that would be cold enough to bother the dome acclimated Colts, but be a great day for our offense to shine.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Beast said:

I'll talk about a SB run now, thanks. It may or may not happen but you have been predicting gloom all year. Nobody cares what you have to say.

What would make you think the Bills are going to take Indy lightly after what we have witnessed the past few months?

I'm not talking the Bills themselves. I'm talking the fans who think we have this one wrapped up

58 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

But....we could blow them out. The past several weeks, someone has said " we are not blowing them out" for every team we've blown out.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, DJB said:

I'm not talking the Bills themselves. I'm talking the fans who think we have this one wrapped up

I agree should not be cocky...our team wont be. They are the ones who need to be grounded. 

Based on almost everything measurable, you would be foolish to pick against Buffalo.

Then again, based on intangibles ( Philip Rivers winning @ Buffalo?) You would be pretty foolish to pick against buff as well. 

Only thing I worry about is the old peaking too early thing.

Every team in the AFC is really really good IMO. This will be tough.

All I am focused on is seeing this new regime and new era of Buffalo Bills earn their 1st playoff win. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Control Taylor to about 100 yards and make the Colts more one dimensional.

Limit turnovers to 1 (figure Allen might throw 1 pick which happens) Be strong in the red zone. Special teams.

We got this.

I say Buffalo 27-20