Round 1 Playoff: Colts at Bills - Sat. 1/9 1:05pm

YoloinOhio

Sorry if already brought up a hundred times... but I was really impressed with Antonio Williams.  He seemed fast.  He was tough as nails, carrying piles, and he hit the holes with quickness and decisiveness.  And this was all against a starting Miami defense. 

Thoughts on playing him against the Colts and beyond?  Wonder what the coaches see (or don’t see in him yet)?

1 minute ago, Playoffs? said:

Sorry if already brought up a hundred times... but I was really impressed with Antonio Williams.  He seemed fast.  He was tough as nails, carrying piles, and he hit the holes with quickness and decisiveness.  And this was all against a starting Miami defense. 

Thoughts on playing him against the Colts and beyond?  Wonder what the coaches see (or don’t see in him yet)?

To be fair, a Miami defense that had given up and already been pounded for 2+ quarters. I don’t know if that gets you in the playoff rotation over Taiwan who plays ST. 

1 hour ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

No, but my work is planning on my regular, Saturday shift from 10 am until 7 pm, EST...

Some people aren't 9 to 5-ers...

Those people are pissed. It's like we got Billsed, even when the actual Bills have stopped Billsing us...

So you would have thought the 4pm game was also unfair, since you had to work for that one too?  I get it, I wouldn't have been able to watch a Sat night game. But it's not like they were out to get you.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, wjag said:

They rushed for 253 yards with a banged up OLINE.  

So now we should be afraid of a rookie RB and a noodle arm QB who only likes to play in a warm dome ? 
and even if he runs for 200 yards that still WONT BE ENOUGH 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Putin said:

So now we should be afraid of a rookie RB and a noodle arm QB who only likes to play in a warm dome ? 
and even if he runs for 200 yards that still WONT BE ENOUGH 

No one said be afraid, maybe respect, not be dismissive of, is a better approach.  This is the matchup I wanted.  Doesn't mean it will be easy.  Rivers is a cagey veteran.  Ty Hilton is a legit WR1 but is definitely getting long in the tooth.  Taylor is a 1000 yard back with low mileage on his legs being a rookie.  Reich is an offensive minded coach.  Buckner is good Dlineman.  If they can be attacked anywhere, it seems their secondary has some holes.  They had a lengthy injury report which included Buckner and Hilton, but both played yesterday.  Their Dline got six sacks.  Early in the season, they were a stout defense.  Colts have scored >=24 points in 8 straight games. So respect, not fear.

1 minute ago, wjag said:

No one said be afraid, maybe respect, not be dismissive of, is a better approach.  This is the matchup I wanted.  Doesn't mean it will be easy.  Rivers is a cagey veteran.  Ty Hilton is a legit WR1 but is definitely getting long in the tooth.  Taylor is a 1000 yard back with low mileage on his legs being a rookie.  Reich is an offensive minded coach.  Buckner is good Dlineman.  If they can be attacked anywhere, it seems their secondary has some holes.  They had a lengthy injury report which included Buckner and Hilton, but both played yesterday.  Their Dline got six sacks.  Early in the season, they were a stout defense.  Colts have scored >=24 points in 8 straight games. So respect, not fear.

By me saying that im not afraid of someone doesn’t necessarily means that I’m disrespecting him , 

Of course they’re a good team they’ve won 11 games  I just think that we’re a better team  and so does Vegas we are - 6.5 points favorite for a reason 

• Like (+1) 1

Busting myths for the 14 NFL playoff teams in 2020: Josh Allen's new strength, and how dangerous are the Ravens? (espn.com)

7. Indianapolis Colts

The myth: The Colts have one of the league's best defenses.

This was the case for the first half of the season. Indianapolis was No. 1 in the league in total defense, if you measure by fewest yards allowed per game, through Week 9. Darius Leonard is a terror at linebacker. DeForest Buckner is a force in the middle of the defensive line. Xavier Rhodes was having a resurgent season at cornerback. The Colts' defense was one of the very best -- if not the best -- into the early part of November.

Why it's wrong: It didn't hold up. From Weeks 10-16, Indy ranked 26th in total defense and 27th in defensive efficiency. In its last three games against teams in the playoff field -- Green Bay, Tennessee and Pittsburgh -- the Colts have allowed an average of 35 points and 390 yards. They did win the Green Bay game in overtime, but they blew a 24-7 second-half lead in Pittsburgh in Week 16 to cost themselves a chance to win the AFC South.

Could they get it together in the postseason? Sure. But they have to go to Buffalo, where the Bills' offense is clicking as well as any in the entire league

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Actually more concerned about our defense than anything 

Last season defense was our backbone and they completely fell apart in the playoff game. Allen had zero help last year. put up a decent lead at halftime but playcalling/run game/defense all was terrible in the 2nd half. Allen came back and got us back in OT but wasn't enough. 

Just want to point out, this Bills team is so powerful and I like a lot of you have a lot of confidence going into this playoff game. However as we are all aware, anything happens in the playoffs.

Remember how good the Pats offense was all those years and once they hit the playoffs teams keep it very close pretty much every game. Just basically saying (to some ppl) that if the Bills offense doesn't look unstoppable as they have for majority of the season, don't be surprised.

I feel we will defeat the Colts but I think it may end up being a closer game than some may want to admit. But this is our chance, our year. Although 2020 sucked, this Bills team is definitely a silver lining and they are definitely championship caliber.

Go Bills!

1 hour ago, Rc2catch said:

To be fair, a Miami defense that had given up and already been pounded for 2+ quarters. I don’t know if that gets you in the playoff rotation over Taiwan who plays ST. 

Well you gotta also remember he had a backup offensive line blocking for him and the Dolphins starters on defense still out there. And Miami knew that Bills were gonna run with Williams and he still picked up some nice gains.

I assume the kid can play special teams. When your an UDFA you dont stay on roster unless you play special teams. Will he be Taiwan good there... probably no but if he is adequate then i see no reason for him not to dress. Especially with Jones dropping a wide open TD last week