Round 1 Playoff: Colts at Bills - Sat. 1/9 1:05pm

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Doesn't Tampa have 2 starters on Covid IR (Barrett and White?) that will not be able to come off in time Saturday?

And no way Evans is ready.  

But they'll be playing the Redskins or Giants so the D should be fine.  

Why is that ugly Tampa game the 8 o'clock game ? 

2 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

I actually feel the Chiefs have the harder path to the superbowl than the Bills...they will have to play either Titans or Ravens in the divisional round, and then the Bills in the title game...👍

Not if the Brown’s beat the Steelers.  The Chiefs play whomever the lowest seed is after next weekend’s games are done.

4 minutes ago, sven233 said:

I see a lot of people upset by the 1pm Saturday slot.  I actually don't mind it at all.  It's the first Playoff game.  Everyone will be watching.  We go out there and play some of our best ball and we win big, we make an early statement to the rest of the league.  We put a beat-down on the Colts and everyone the rest of the weekend will be comparing other teams to us.

So yeah.  Give me the first game.  Go out, put a whoopin' on the Colts, and make a statement that can't be ignored in the other games.  All of a sudden you'll hear all about who has the unenviable task of coming to Buffalo in Round 2.  

Agree and I would add the next thing for McDermott to do is check off a playoff win.

Best not to have the players and coaches waiting while the other games are played.

Get the guys out there quick!

47 minutes ago, par73 said:

That's kind of the way I look at it. Buffalo--- just get them out of the way. Really would have preferred Sunday.

Seriously, the whining about the game time is beyond ridiculous. Just get them out of the way? What the heck does that mean. It's the only game on at 1pm on Saturday, it's a big deal.

Edited by klos63
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 5

Just now, klos63 said:

Seriously, the whining about the game time it beyond ridiculous. Just get them out of the way? What the heck does that mean. It's the only game on at 1pm on Saturday, it's a big deal.

Exactly. How is this any different than our Broncos Saturday “prime time” game? Who cares? Just go win a ball game. 

4 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Seriously, the whining about the game time it beyond ridiculous. Just get them out of the way? What the heck does that mean. It's the only game on at 1pm on Saturday, it's a big deal.

That and the only other CBS game is Chicago at New Orleans on Sunday. Buffalo vs Indy is much more enticing, imo, so I’d think we’d get Nantz and Romo, the #1 broadcast team at CBS. Nothing throwaway about that.

Edited by K-9

3 minutes ago, klos63 said:

It means, they don't value the game like the other games because the Bills are involved so they give them the "put Buffalo first and be done with it" mindset. They don't care about the Bills

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Agree and I would add the next thing for McDermott to do is check off a playoff win.

Best not to have the players and coaches waiting while the other games are played.

Get the guys out there quick!

The Bills are on  a5-game WC losing streak.  Time to end that with a win next Saturday.

This is what they played for during 17 weeks.  Now they are there.   Time to continue the momentum and win the remaining  FOUR games of the year

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Must be 28 th anniversary cuz the bills beat Houston in 93 I believe to go to their next to last super bowl.  I remember watching at home as Bills overcame a  32 point deficit to win. That year I made plans  and went to Super Bowl 27 I think in Pasadena. Kelly hurt his knee again in the first quarter with Frank coming in and Cowboys romped.  Comeback was 1/3 /1993. I  Was right on end zone line where Beebe knocked the ball from Leon Lett for only second highlight of the game for Bills. Other was Tasker partially blocking a punt early. Dismal day. Can’t believe number two seed gets placed on short week playing first on Saturday at 1 pm.  Reminds me of playing first playoff game with Mcd against Jax, which I think was also first playoff game of that year.  Hope this turns out much better. Maybe we correct another wrong on our way to winning in Tampa this time.  Get ready to play an encore recording of Whitney Houston’s version of the national anthem in Tampa in Feb as we come full circle! 

Edited by DrPJax

This is a good read from October on the Colts defensive scheme. Sounds like a lot of cover 3, similar to what we saw from the Seahawks. 

from what I recall (and what We did against Seattle), against this defense, the outside zones near the sidelines tend to get open. 

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2020/10/2/21497914/colts-scouting-journal-time-to-stop-calling-the-colts-a-cover-2-defense

edit: this article is from November. More of the same. Colts defense seems to get a lot of pressure just rushing four guys.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-indianapolis-colts-finally-built-a-defensive-monster/

Edited by Miyagi-Do Karate
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, UConn James said:

Whatever for the time slot.

What I’m worried about is that we’d better not be wearing the white uni & blue pants like the last two WC losses in the McD era. It’s a bad luck combo.

Go RED