Round 1 Playoff: Colts at Bills - Sat. 1/9 1:05pm

YoloinOhio

Bills Vs Colts

History

Head to Head  Bills win 32 - Colts win 37

Last time we played the Colts... Colts won 37-5 Oct. 21, 2018

When the Colts have the Ball

Rivers has been called a playoff choker a couple times and I feel the pressure is on him big time in this part of his career to perform. This year the Colts have put up 451 points 9th most in the NFL. Rivers has been a stable QB this year with 23 TD, 10 INT, 98.1 Rating 4005 yards.

Running has been mostly done by Jonathan Taylor has had 916 total yards, 9TD, 1 Fumble.

On offense they rank 8th In passing yards, 16th in rushing yards and 9th in points for.

Trend  They won 4 out of there last 5 games, There Offense has had no fewer then 26 points during the same period. Rivers is a Hot/Cold type of QB and they do not have a 1000 yard receiver this year. Hilton has 735.

The Colts Defense 

The Colts Defense ranks 8th in the NFL over all with 15 INT (5th) in the NFL, 10 Fumbles (10th) total rank on takeaways (3rd) 24. This defense is complete 34 total sacks. There Defensive Line has 24.5 sacks.. There is no one player to double team.. they all do damage.

Int leader is CB Moore  4 INT. 

The Colts Special Teams

There punt return has been nothing special.. highest return 25 yards

There kick return isn't horrible.. they average 25.1 yards 1 TD

Kicking field goals. 30 of 33.. 53 yards long.. not bad.. 

Punting over all not bad either average 46.4 yards.

The Colts Overall 

They are a complete team that wins many ways. Numbers do not scare you when you glare at any individual number but when you look at the whole picture you can understand why they are in the playoffs. There FG kicking is great.. anything within 40 yards you can bank on it.. This is a team you can beat well by the time the game is over but there will be no half time victories.. I just cant see it.

When the Bills have the ball

The Bills are smoking hot with the ball. I'm not going to get into our numbers because we have looked them up many times.. The last few weeks when teams new we were running the ball we still got substantial yards.. But this stat should be the most impressive.. In the last 5 games we punted the ball a total of 6 times. In my opinion we are the hottest offense going into the playoffs. Period.

The Bills Defense

Improved. In the last 5 games we have allowed at most 26 points against Miami (with defensive players resting for the game), 24 points against 49ers and the other 3 games we allowed 9,15,19 points. We are a top 10 defense and maybe better cause after first half of the season I doubt we were top 15.

Stats on Defense.. points allowed 23.3 points tied 18th.  The last 5 games 19 points allowed would rank top 5.. Each game this defense is improving.

Bills Special Teams 

What a game today on special teams lol.. A return for a TD.. A punt inside the 1 yard line... This is another spot I am not going to look up many stats because we are impressive in returning yards and Kicker .. lets  see.. 38 of 34 with 58 long and oh yea.. I think Bass tied or broke a record today,,,

The Bills Overall 

Other then KC there is not a team that scares me.. We are smoking one good defense after another.. The hottest team BY FAR going into the playoffs no one wants to play... I saw a post in Miami forums today a guy saying I hope one of the 3 teams doesn't loose today cause I don't want to get destroyed by Buffalo 2 games in a row.. STOP FEARING TEAMS... They fear us...

Coaching

Dont get me wrong, I am a fan of good ole Frank... But I give the edge to McD.. and his staff. Our play calling is just better all the way around. 

General Outcome

If Rivers Is hot Bills win by 6... If Rivers falls on his face in another playoff game... LOOK OUT... we will smoke yet another team by 15+

Edited by PrimeTime101
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

2 free call ups for the Covid list. No one was cut. 

Ahh - I hope they can keep Dane Jackson and Williams on the active roster.  i hate to lose either to another team, if teams can still pluck players

Maybe with the way McKenzie plays/played we realize we don't really need Stills?  Not overreacting to McKenzie's game today, the guy just makes plays when he's in the game.  With Brown seemingly healthy, I don't see the need??

• Like (+1) 1

I’d be interested in how Stills would be used, should he sign here.   At this point, it seems as purely depth, no?

It’s one game, but I think McKenzie may have locked down the slot if Beasley can’t go.  That keeps Diggs and Brown on the outside.  Davis as the #4.. with his experience with Allen all season, I can’t imagine Stills would jump his spot, unless we want to flood the field with speed (not a bad idea, of course).  

Brown looked healthy and McKenzie was a beast out there.  That put my mind at ease over Beasley’s status being up in the air. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Turbo44 said:

Ahh - I hope they can keep Dane Jackson and Williams on the active roster.  i hate to lose either to another team, if teams can still pluck players

Unlimited Call-up with regard to number of times for the playoffs without having to clear waivers.

Both will be signed with Reserve/Futures Contracts as soon as the season is over.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Turbo44 said:

They actually aren’t currently on the active roster. They were just elevated for the game. They can be signed unless they were protected. 

22 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Market size boss. Market size.

Who cares about market size? That's overrated. A 6-10 or 7-9 team should not be in the night time prime slot. I usually always say the same about SNF. People don't watch because it's the Giants vs whoever, they watch because it's football 

• Like (+1) 1

I took a peak at the chiefs message board.. dumbest fan base in the NFL. 

A lot of them want the bills to win because they don't want to face the colts round 2. A lot of them think colts will beat the bills. 

Still, they think their trip to the superbowl is a forgone conclusion.

You would think they were at the tail end of a 10+year dynasty. Bunch of clowns. 

I don't want to face anyone else in the AFCCG. I want the bills to beat them. 

Edited by Process
  • Like (+1) 6

2 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Who cares about market size? That's overrated. A 6-10 or 7-9 team should not be in the night time prime slot. I usually always say the same about SNF. People don't watch because it's the Giants vs whoever, they watch because it's football 

They do watch Brady though.

Just now, Process said:

A lot of them want the bills to win because they don't want to face the colts round 2. A lot of them think colts will win. 

They think their trip to the superbowl is a forgone conclusion.

You would think they were at the tail end of a 10+year dynasty. Bunch of clowns. 

I do think the Colts are a bad match up for the Chiefs, except that Rivers just doesn’t seem to have much left. If the Bills D plays like it did today, they can hold Rivers and the Colts running game in check. 

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I’d be interested in how Stills would be used, should he sign here.   At this point, it seems as purely depth, no?

It’s one game, but I think McKenzie may have locked down the slot if Beasley can’t go.  That keeps Diggs and Brown on the outside.  Davis as the #4.. with his experience with Allen all season, I can’t imagine Stills would jump his spot, unless we want to flood the field with speed (not a bad idea, of course).  

Brown looked healthy and McKenzie was a beast out there.  That put my mind at ease over Beasley’s status being up in the air. 

I don’t think Daboll will struggle to get guys involved. 

Stills is wicked fast, Diggs can beat you deep, Davis has shown that he has to be accounted for, and we all know who Brown is. It’s just about having more chess pieces to work with while also being a great insurance policy. 

It makes sense for Sills cause he can compete for a title while hopefully getting some positive tape and having a shot at a job next year (likely somewhere else)

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Process said:

A lot of them want the bills to win because they don't want to face the colts round 2. A lot of them think colts will win. 

They think their trip to the superbowl is a forgone conclusion.

I peered over there the other day after the Pats game to see what they were thinking and there are some arrogant #######s over there, and apparently Josh is a 1 read/ slow processing QB. 🤷‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

Yep - read somewhere that INDY played in like 11 domes this year, 4 warm weather outdoor games and Pittsburgh.  I may be oof by one, but it's close.  Give me 20 and no wind (I don't care about light snow) and we're golden

I think we can put this myth to rest after the last four weeks.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

They care and they pay the bills.  A primetime game in NYC or Washington is worth more to them.  It always will be.

2 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Rivers is toast. I like our chances of blowing them out.

agree 1000%.  

That beatdown of the Dolphins was a message to the entire league, "Here comes Buffalo."  Yes, I'm still riding the wave of euphoria, but I'm also still able to look at the match up objectively, and Buffalo should win this game by double digits.  

Never in a season, heading into the playoffs,, have I been able to say to myself, Buffalo is the team EVERYBODY should be afraid of!!!

• Awesome! (+1) 2