Round 1 Playoff: Colts at Bills - Sat. 1/9 1:05pm

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, blacklabel said:

I can't believe the Saturday primetime game is Tampa Bay vs. either WFT or NYG. I know it's Brady and that's the reason but still. Either a 6-10 or 7-9 team is about to HOST a primetime playoff game. I think their current system is broken. 

Not sure why anyone is complaining about 1pm Saturday - common sense people.

1. We were at home and finished at 2:30 today (at least the offense did).

2. Indy finished at 7pm IN JAX, has to travel home now and travel to BUF Firday- that's not much time to prepare

3. Isn't there less chance of weather and cold at 1pm than primetime?  Bad weather can be the great neutralizer

4. If we win, we get a ton of time to prepare for Pittsburgh (hopefully), who plays Sunday night and will have a shorter time to prepare for us. Cleveland almost lost to Rudolph today and had a terrible track record in PIT.  CLE will be happy to just be there.

Plus - I'm sure PIT in Buffalo is a better matchup for BUF than BAL or TEN is for KC. 

• Like (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Turbo44 said:

2. Indy finished at 7pm IN JAX, has to travel home now and travel to BUF Firday- that's not much time to prepare

3. Isn't there less chance of weather and cold at 1pm than primetime?  Bad weather can be the great neutralizer

4. If we win, we get a ton of time to prepare for Pittsburgh (hopefully), who plays Sunday night and will have a shorter time to prepare for us. Cleveland almost lost to Rudolph today and had a terrible track record in PIT.  CLE will be happy to just be there.

Plus - I'm sure PIT in Buffalo is a better matchup for BUF than BAL or TEN is for KC. 

Exactly. I love it! No waiting around. We're hot, we're ready to go, the weather forecast is what I'd call Ordinary Buffalo January Afternoon ... all is good as far as I'm concerned.

4 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

Just looking at the long term forecast and it's supposed to be in the 20's with a low chance of precipitation.  Not sure about the wind though.  Glad we're playing a dome team.

44 minutes ago, Billznut said:

We won’t be prime time for the divisional round either. KC will definitely get that for the AFC game that weekend. So if we beat Indy we will be one of the early games the following weekend as well. 

prime time Saturday for 1, Sunday for the other. ;)  😆 

1 hour ago, Green Lightning said:

No real easy games coming up. Indy has a great ground game (I think their RB had <250 yds today) and solid D. But I like our match up here. It's confusing, I'm still used to concentrating on the draft this time of year.

250+ yards... Against the Moron-led Jagoffs... 

Don't get me wrong: Taylor is a beast, but you gotta put it into perspective. They were playing the worst team in the league, and trying to burn clock.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

If the bills win I’m guna love being the Saturday at 1 game. If they lose it’s going to be a miserable ***** weekend 

I was thinking the exact same thing.

If we win, maybe even comfortably, I'll settle into all remaining games over the weekend and enjoy each thoroughly.

If we lose, I probably won't want to watch more football.

Luckily, I think we will win and maybe even by quite a lot.

• Like (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

I can't believe the Saturday primetime game is Tampa Bay vs. either WFT or NYG. I know it's Brady and that's the reason but still. Either a 6-10 or 7-9 team is about to HOST a primetime playoff game. I think their current system is broken. 

All about ratings.

Brady plus Washington or New York, both which are big markets.

6 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

Yep. Go Bills!!

7 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

Good points all around, but the game today was in Indy

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

Just looking at the long term forecast and it's supposed to be in the 20's with a low chance of precipitation.  Not sure about the wind though.  Glad we're playing a dome team.

Yep - read somewhere that INDY played in like 11 domes this year, 4 warm weather outdoor games and Pittsburgh.  I may be oof by one, but it's close.  Give me 20 and no wind (I don't care about light snow) and we're golden

• Like (+1) 1