Round 1 Playoff: Colts at Bills - Sat. 1/9 1:05pm

YoloinOhio

10 minutes ago, K-9 said:

The 18th anniversary of the comeback game was in 2011. Not sure what you’re referring to with 21-18. But I’d be interested to know. 

No... the post i was quoting had a tweet that said on the 18th anniversary of the comeback Frank Reich is coming back to Buffalo. Or something like that lol. I was just saying its 28 years ago. Not 18. Maybe I misread it. Not important.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Rivers is toast. I like our chances of blowing them out.

I live in Indianapolis now, so have "had to" watch nearly all of their games this year.   Rivers is definitely at or near the end of his career, and his arm won't scare anybody.   BUT ... he is smart, knows where to go with the football, and their O-line does an excellent job protecting him.   Of biggest concern is the Colts' running game, with Taylor and Hines.   That sets up everything they do on offense.   The Bills will need to "sell out" to stop the run, and take their chances with Rivers' passing.   If they can jump out to a quick lead, and force Indy to rely on Phillips' arm, they should be fine.   On the other side of the ball, their defense is stout against the run, but their secondary has been "shaky" at times, especially against teams with 2 or more good receivers.  LB Darius Leonard, the "heart and soul" of their D, left the game today with some sort of injury.   Haven't heard any sort of injury report on him yet.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 5

Just now, Merle said:

I live in Indianapolis now, so have "had to" watch nearly all of their games this year.   Rivers is definitely at or near the end of his career, and his arm won't scare anybody.   BUT ... he is smart, knows where to go with the football, and their O-line does an excellent job protecting him.   Of biggest concern is the Colts' running game, with Taylor and Hines.   That sets up everything they do on offense.   The Bills will need to "sell out" to stop the run, and take their chances with Rivers' passing.   If they can jump out to a quick lead, and force Indy to rely on Phillips' arm, they should be fine.   On the other side of the ball, their defense is stout against the run, but their secondary has been "shaky" at times, especially against teams with 2 or more good receivers.  LB Darius Leonard, the "heart and soul" of their D, left the game today with some sort of injury.   Haven't heard any sort of injury report on him yet.  

The screen game is what I’m worried about.  Taylor can take it to the house.  Reich will have his team schemed up and ready. 

50 minutes ago, Beast said:

We swept the current AFC East.

Lets add in the Colts and make it an old time sweep.

Sounds good, but we'll have to score in the 50's again & hold them down so when you divide the score by 2, it makes up for not playing 2 games like normal division contests.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Really curious is Antonio Williams gets to suit up for this game. Seems like he earned it, but not sure who gets pulled. 

Didn't really get to see him need to do much in pass protection today.   Wonder what that part of his game is like at this point?   He sure has "fresh legs", and was a determined runner today.   Looked like the reincarnation of Marshawn!

Edited by Merle
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Merle said:

very nice info - thanks.  Keep us informed about Leonard

1 minute ago, Merle said:

Didn't really get to see him need to do much in pass protection today.   Wonder what that part of his game is like at this point?

No idea. He didn’t seem to lose yardage, which seems to happen a lot with our other two guys, but a game like this is hard to take any concrete thoughts from.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Merle said:

...but will they do so when " chilly" ?

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Really curious is Antonio Williams gets to suit up for this game. Seems like he earned it, but not sure who gets pulled. 

Unlikely. I’m sure we’ll go with our usual 3 RBs.

I think Williams’ performance today earned him a spot for training camp but that’s about it.

• Like (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, Merle said:

If we can score at will, which we have for several weeks in a row against much better passing defenses, their run game becomes an advantage to us. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BillsFan130 said:

That Titans game was insane.

I strongly prefer the colts over the Titans 

The 2 teams are nothing close to one another as far as quality of opponent goes.

Indy looks like a "just happy to be there" first round loser kind of team.

Tennessee scares the crap out of me.

It is FANTASTIC that Ravens or Titans will have to lose next week.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Nextmanup said:

The 2 teams are nothing close to one another as far as quality of opponent goes.

Indy looks like a "just happy to be there" first round loser kind of team.

Tennessee scares the crap out of me.

It is FANTASTIC that Ravens or Titans will have to lose next week.

Great post.

Tennessee definitely has flaws, but that’s a team I still don’t want to play as their offence can score at will.