Panthers request to interview Joe Schoen (assistant GM) for GM position

The Wiz

On 1/3/2021 at 6:59 PM, HomeTeam said:

Good to keep that Buffalo - Carolina pipeline open xD

Now if you somehow shoehorn Belichick into this equation, you actually have Panthers playing on the Bills and Bills playing for the Panthers without all that nasty paperwork and trades.  Just fly them commercial under a false name.

29 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Jonathan Jones on Twitter: "Panthers are down to the final 4 for their GM spot Titans director of player personnel Monti Ossenfort 49ers VP of player personnel Adam Peters Chiefs assistant director of player personnel Ryan Poles Seahawks VP of football operations Scott Fitterer" / Twitter

I can’t see any of our guys actually wanting that job. It’s a lame duck position imo. 
Rhule runs the show. Our guys will have better opportunities to be a gm. No reason to take a job that’s expected to be really high analytics and basically has no power since they can’t fire Rhule, and he has final say on draft and free agency decisions. 

4 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I can’t see any of our guys actually wanting that job. It’s a lame duck position imo. 
Rhule runs the show. Our guys will have better opportunities to be a gm. No reason to take a job that’s expected to be really high analytics and basically has no power since they can’t fire Rhule, and he has final say on draft and free agency decisions. 

Keeping Schoen another year is great news IMO. 

• Like (+1) 3

Perfect place for a sycophant...where's Russ?  The question is do we dislike Carolina that much? 🤔

Yeah they'd be better off going the Bills route and pick a GM who has worked with Rhule, at least they'd be on the same page. And Rhule might tend to listen to him more then also if it's someone he is comfortable with and respects.

Panthers hired Scott Fitterer from Seattle. 

5/7 GM spots are now accounted for. 

ATL - Fontenot (Supposedly done, can’t be made official until Saints eliminated from playoffs)

CAR - Fitterer

DEN - Paton 

DET - Holmes

HOU - Caserio

Unaccounted for...

JAX 

WSH

Neither organization has requested to interview members of our front office, although that can change. I don’t think JAX poaches anyone from us, and despite the Carolina connection with Rivera in WSH they don’t seem interested in anyone we have, and Dan Morgan is the only one with CAR ties.

It looks extremely likely that the entire group will remain together. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JGMcD2 said:

Unaccounted for...

JAX 

WSH

Neither organization has requested to interview members of our front office, although that can change. I don’t think JAX poaches anyone from us, and despite the Carolina connection with Rivera in WSH they don’t seem interested in anyone we have, and Dan Morgan is the only one with CAR ties.

It looks extremely likely that the entire group will remain together. 

hi-res-4af34666e00a0393cab4c870b6e59079_

"So you're telling me there's a chance!"

Edited by Rico
  • Haha (+1) 1