Panthers request to interview Joe Schoen (assistant GM) for GM position

The Wiz

• The Wiz changed the title to Panthers request to interview Joe Schoen (assistant GM) for GM position
2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

😬😬😬

Inevitable we lose him at some point but would love to keep him one more year. 

If he does go does Brian Gaine slide from his senior advisor role into assistant GM or do the Bills promote Dan Morgan to assistant GM and give Gaine back his old job as Director of Player Personnel? 

On 1/3/2021 at 6:01 PM, GunnerBill said:

Uh oh. I am told by someone who would know that he is the best talent evaluator on the Bills. It was inevitable we lose him at some point but this one hurts some IMO as much as I have faith in Beane and our other guys.

they have some good ones on their list. Jeff Ireland was mentioned and might have the best drafting record in the league recently. and ties to Brady in the coaching staff and would hurt a division rival.

will be an interesting process

7 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

they have some good ones on their list. Jeff Ireland was mentioned and might have the best drafting record in the league recently. and ties to Brady in the coaching staff and would hurt a division rival.

will be an interesting process

The thing with Ireland is his incidents as the GM in Miami. He was allegedly the guy who asked Dez Bryant "the question" and said Jonathan Martin should respond to Incognito's bullying by "punching him". Not sure if that is the guy I want running my football operation for all of his talent as an evaluator. Don't think he is a good people manager.

23 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

😬😬😬

Inevitable we lose him at some point but would love to keep him one more year. 

If he does go does Brian Gaine slide from his senior advisor role into assistant GM or do the Bills promote Dan Morgan to assistant GM and give Gaine back his old job as Director of Player Personnel? 

The intrigue! Both seem like good choices. Schoen will be a great GM imo. 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

The intrigue! Both seem like good choices. Schoen will be a great GM imo. 

Agree. As I said above I have been told second hand that he is the best talent evaluator on the Bills and maybe one of the best in the league. Apparently what teams are looking for from him is to prove that leadership potential because as a scout and evaluator his track record is exceptional. 

27 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

A Schoen/Daboll package deal in Atlanta would be spicy 

Would be nice for them to go to the NFC too.

If it were me, I'd find a way out of the AFC because it is pretty stacked with good, young QB's right now and will be good for years to come. The NFC might be an easier place to build a team and make the playoffs.

22 minutes ago, MJS said:

Would be nice for them to go to the NFC too.

If it were me, I'd find a way out of the AFC because it is pretty stacked with good, young QB's right now and will be good for years to come. The NFC might be an easier place to build a team and make the playoffs.

Seems like it's going to be a race to find a young qb in that division.