Corey Bojorquez 1st in Punt Avg 50.8

7 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

6 punts from inside his own 20.  6 out of 41 punts total so 15ish percent.  The yards per return are unaffected by the shanked punt.  The other team is still averaging 15 yards a return in those situations.

Your criticism is fair though so I tried to find out exactly what happened on all 6 of those punts.

Punt from 9, 45 yards, 10 yard return. 35 net Score 17-13 Late 3rd quarter

Punt from 13, 57 yards, 40 yard return. 17 net. Score 7-7 1st quarter

Punt from 10, 71 yards, 0 yards on return, 71 net. Score 10-14 late 2nd quarter

Punt from 12, 40 yards, 15 yard return, 25 net. Score 14-6 mid 3rd quarter

Punt from 18, 12 yards, out of bounds, 12 net. Score 19-16 mid 3rd quarter

Punt from 20, 68 yards, 16 yard return, 52 net. Score 34-17 late 4th quarter

The one with the long return seemed to have good hang time but it was right in the middle of the field and the coverage was nowhere to be found.

Thanks for putting in the effort (I was too lazy to).

So, 6 (or 5 events), IMO isn't too enough data to be too confident in your conclusions.

That being said, 2 instances he performed exemplary & a 3rd he probably did his job (57 w/ 40 return) well.  2 were poor efforts (assuming wind wasn't a factor) & on the 6th he blew monkey spunk.  Considering how inconsistent he was last yr (& as I recall early this yr) I think that's what we signed up for.

8 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Not a fan, too unreliable.

Had a very good year.

Huh?

In previous years he has been too unreliable. Made bonehead mistakes, been a terrible holder, dropped balls, mis handled snaps etc. He always had a huge leg but he was an adventure every time he was in the game and that does not a good punter make. 

This year other than one horrible shank (think it was vs the Titans but might have misremembered) he has been consistent - though he has still out kicked his coverage unit a couple of times and the Bills very strong coverage teams have helped him out. 

Edited by GunnerBill

10 minutes ago, eSJayDee said:

Thanks for putting in the effort (I was too lazy to).

So, 6 (or 5 events), IMO isn't too enough data to be too confident in your conclusions.

That being said, 2 instances he performed exemplary & a 3rd he probably did his job (57 w/ 40 return) well.  2 were poor efforts (assuming wind wasn't a factor) & on the 6th he blew monkey spunk.  Considering how inconsistent he was last yr (& as I recall early this yr) I think that's what we signed up for.

Which was my main reason for not being on board currently.  The inconsistency.  Take 10 off the 70's and add 10 to everything else and I'm better.

12 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Was that towards the end of the game I think they were getting bored with the game being basically over plus the returner muffed the punt.

That was around the same time Tua threw a pick straight into Marlow’s chest and he’d gotten 15 yards on the return before Harlan realized it wasn’t an incompletion. Also around the time when he was spotting the ball after a Dolphins reception as the Bills recovered a fumble. 

he was pretty off his game yesterday.