Can we trust Josh Norman in a playoff game?

Simon

Two incredibly dumb things on 4th down today led to one conversion(and TD) and another that probably should have resulted in a Miami 1st down. If he is going to be that irretrievably stupid, I don't want him anywhere near the field in a playoff game.

This is a really good football team and I'd hate to see it sabotaged by the idiocy of one guy at a big moment in a tight game.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

The PI on the 4th down was lame.  He didn't pull on Parker at all.

They've been calling that off arm wraparound for at least 4 years now. It was absolutely a penalty.

The worst part was that he read the route, was in perfect postion and didn't have to do it. It was just dumb.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

He played a savvy game today.  That bump he had as the WR was breaking that led him to fall and get the pick six and the 4th down play where he sat on the sticks and got the pass breakup were sublime.

oh and the 4th down PI in the end zone was Chinsy.

He brings a lot of swag to the D and I’m glad he’s part of the crew.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, TailgateChef said:

At this stage of his career, he's a depth guy.  Will make a splash play here and there, but a major liability as a #1 corner.  On the chart, I hope he's below our two obvious starters, and below D. Jackson too.  So I say no.

exactly. The fact that Norman is a depth guy on this team shows how stacked we are. 

Just now, Magox said:

4th down play where he sat on the sticks and got the pass breakup were sublime.

He grabbed the receivers arm yet again despite being called for it 5 minutes earlier.

Then he jumped up and started yapping in the guys face to the point where most officials would have called it taunting and another Miami first down.

How you going to feel when he pulls something like that in the 4th qrtr of a one score playoff game?

• Like (+1) 1

I appreciate the sentiment, but I’m not remotely concerned about a CB low on the depth chart after a 56-26 win. Could he cost us a game ? Possibly, but there isn’t a team in the league filled with great players at every level of the depth chart. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Simon said:

They've been calling that off arm wraparound for at least 4 years now. It was absolutely a penalty.

The worst part was that he read the route, was in perfect postion and didn't have to do it. It was just dumb.

If he had the back arm on the waist and not the shoulder, it most likely would not have been called. Refs hardly ever call that arm on the waist, but on the shoulder is easy to see with their limited acuity.

• Like (+1) 1

Norman has probably exceeded expectations here. When he was signed there was a lot of talk if he was done and out of gas and a waste of a roster spot.  He’s made a few plays and been burned and penalized some and missed some time. 
He’s kinda what you want in veteran depth. He can make some plays when called upon but can’t be called upon too often or he’s exposed. With Dane showing flashes of real potential and hopefully everyone staying healthy norman won’t be seeing too many snaps. 

• Like (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, Simon said:

Two incredibly dumb things on 4th down today led to one conversion(and TD) and another that probably should have resulted in a Miami 1st down. If he is going to be that irretrievably stupid, I don't want him anywhere near the field in a playoff game.

This is a really good football team and I'd hate to see it sabotaged by the idiocy of one guy at a big moment in a tight game.

He’s only going to play when the others taking a breather.  

that pick 6 was awesome though 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Simon said:

He grabbed the receivers arm yet again despite being called for it 5 minutes earlier.

Then he jumped up and started yapping in the guys face to the point where most officials would have called it taunting and another Miami first down.

How you going to feel when he pulls something like that in the 4th qrtr of a one score playoff game?

You seem to have your mind made up.

It's football, every week NFL corners do the exact same thing.  Its also an emotional game, I appreciate Norman's passion. 

As for playoffs, as long as Tre White is lined up on the opposite side, I think we will be fine with Wallace, Norman or Jackson.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Simon said:

Maybe we could enjoy the win for a day before bashing one of our guys..., maybe...

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1