Momentum heading into the playoffs

smuvtalker

What a complete victory gentlemen.  Total domination in all three phases of the game.  Funny, I said to myself before the game that we would finally have a kickoff or punt return for a touchdown today, except I knew it would be Roberts.  Great decision by McDermott to give protect Andre for next week.

Heading into the playoffs, this team is absolutely LETHAL right now.  I said it in the gameday thread and I'll say it again; THE BUFFALO BILLS ARE THE HOTTEST, MOST DANGEROUS TEAM IN THE NFL RIGHT NOW.  There is not a team in this league that scares me or that I think we cannot beat.  This is a completely different team than the one that faced the Chiefs last time.

You talk about wanting to have momentum heading into the playoffs???  Is it even possible to have as much as we have?  In all my years of being a Bills fan I have NEVER seen a team playing so well, peaking at the perfect time, as close to 100% healthwise as we are now.(Maybe 91 Bills close 2nd)  This team is playing with supreme confidence, they've won 6 straight and WOULD be on a 10 game streak if not for a dumb luck play.  I've watched the defense round into beautiful form, and I've watched an offense that looks as smooth as silk come out every week, and, hear me on this one fellas, shred every ELITE defense they've faced.  Pittsburgh, San Fran, New England, Miami, all teams with top 10 defenses, particularly strong in areas of pass defense, takeaways, and sacks, got destroyed and exploited by Allen and company.

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm actually GLAD we didn't get a 1st round bye!!  With as much momentum we have, as well as we are playing, I want us out there next Saturday or Sunday, in Orchard Park, IN FRONT OF OUR FANS, fired up and ready to go....

One hell of a ride so far this year fellas.  I'm not trying to put the cart before the horse, so all I'll say is....

I'm starting to get a feelin....

• Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

We've got a little momentum.

7Npe.gif

BTW- that’s a team with red and a little gold at the bottom of that mountain!  Patrick, new sheriff in town.  As Wyat Earp said, “You called down the Thunder and now you Go It, You tell him, the Chiefs are finished, you tell them a Bills see a red sash amd we ....., you tell em we’re comin, You tell him Allen’s comin, hells comin with us”

Sorry, just a little fun post game.  Any excuse for a Tombstone reference.  What a game that should be.

• Awesome! (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

BTW- that’s a team with red and a little gold at the bottom of that mountain!  Patrick, new sheriff in town.  As Wyat Earp said, “You called down the Thunder and now you Go It, You tell him, the Chiefs are finished, you tell them a Bills see a red sash amd we ....., you tell em we’re comin, You tell him Allen’s comin, hells comin with us”

Sorry, just a little fun post game.  Any excuse for a Tombstone reference.  What a game that should be.

Bills to the Chiefs:

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, smuvtalker said:

What a complete victory gentlemen.  Total domination in all three phases of the game.  Funny, I said to myself before the game that we would finally have a kickoff or punt return for a touchdown today, except I knew it would be Roberts.  Great decision by McDermott to give protect Andre for next week.

Heading into the playoffs, this team is absolutely LETHAL right now.  I said it in the gameday thread and I'll say it again; THE BUFFALO BILLS ARE THE HOTTEST, MOST DANGEROUS TEAM IN THE NFL RIGHT NOW.  There is not a team in this league that scares me or that I think we cannot beat.  This is a completely different team than the one that faced the Chiefs last time.

You talk about wanting to have momentum heading into the playoffs???  Is it even possible to have as much as we have?  In all my years of being a Bills fan I have NEVER seen a team playing so well, peaking at the perfect time, as close to 100% healthwise as we are now.(Maybe 91 Bills close 2nd)  This team is playing with supreme confidence, they've won 6 straight and WOULD be on a 10 game streak if not for a dumb luck play.  I've watched the defense round into beautiful form, and I've watched an offense that looks as smooth as silk come out every week, and, hear me on this one fellas, shred every ELITE defense they've faced.  Pittsburgh, San Fran, New England, Miami, all teams with top 10 defenses, particularly strong in areas of pass defense, takeaways, and sacks, got destroyed and exploited by Allen and company.

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm actually GLAD we didn't get a 1st round bye!!  With as much momentum we have, as well as we are playing, I want us out there next Saturday or Sunday, in Orchard Park, IN FRONT OF OUR FANS, fired up and ready to go....

One hell of a ride so far this year fellas.  I'm not trying to put the cart before the horse, so all I'll say is....

I'm starting to get a feelin....

Agreed!!

Was talking to a guy I work with who is a long-time Steelers fan. His point after the bills/Steelers game to me was how important it was to get better at this point in the season, and that he sees that with the bills. Coming from a fan of a team with 6 Super Bowls, I think he has seen enough to give some good input. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Warcodered said:

Bills to the Chiefs:

Why Patrick Mahomes,... it looks like someone walked all over you’re grave.  Doc, I was just kiddin.

I wasn’t.  You see mista, play for blood, I think we have a game that wasn’t finished, and this time it’s legal (AFCE Champs).

All right longer, (Allen) c’mon, cmon, “you were no daisy, no daisy at all”.

Doc, why Sean, he was just too high strung.  Yadayada.  

This is going to be a showdown.  I can feel it.  Whether we win or lose, we’re watching the beginning of another P. Manning/ Brady.  Tua is no daisy.  He proved that today.  He’ll improve, but we are watching the beginning of another Maning/Brady competition hopefully for the next 15 years.  God, this is going to be fun, even if we lose sometimes.

OUR TIME!

• Awesome! (+1) 2

If you want to see why statistics really don't matter, take a look at the stats from today.  Except for the turnovers, it looks like a pretty close game.  The Dolphins actually had a substantial edge in time of possession. 

Big deal.  Your eyes don't deceive.

I had been a little concerned because it seemed that whenever we played a top defense, the other team was missing a key player or two.  Was our offense really that good?  As far as I know, the Dolphins had their whole defense available, and it was embarrassing to watch what happened to them.  Fun, but embarrassing.

We are the hottest team in the league.  Ravens are the only.other team close.  

Ps I know Roberts is a good returner, but I've been saying for the last two years mcKenzie could do it with no letdown and safe a roster spot 🙂

Plus, our team is having FUN. 

We are so damn dangerous right now

1 hour ago, TroutDog said:

Can’t argue with anything you said. 🏈🦬

I’ll argue with the notion that playing next week is better than a bye week. 
these guys have been playing every week since the Cards game as if each were a playoff game.

a one week rest and recovery week would be super clutch right now. 
a bye is a guaranteed WIN. 
3 consecutive wins in the NFL are much easier to come by than 4. 

everything else was spot on. 

17 minutes ago, JY422 said:

I’ll argue with the notion that playing next week is better than a bye week. 
these guys have been playing every week since the Cards game as if each were a playoff game.

a one week rest and recovery week would be super clutch right now. 
a bye is a guaranteed WIN. 
3 consecutive wins in the NFL are much easier to come by than 4. 

everything else was spot on. 

Ok. I don’t agree, obviously, but all opinions welcome 

• Like (+1) 1