Jim Kelly vs Josh Allen

Irv

2 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

Just such a different era. If Josh can stay healthy for the long term I feel he will be the Bills GOAT.

Thread got me thinking. Can you imagine JA with Thurman?

Different eras when it comes to yards, TDs and completion percentage, but look at his TD:turnover ratio.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Irv said:

Thinking that Allen could be better than Kelly all-time.  But not sure.  What do you think?

I said this in a thread a few weeks ago, I believe in my heart that when Allen's career is complete, he will have shattered every single one of Kelly's records.  I believe alot of it will be because of Allen's talents, but alot also just because of how the passing game has evolved over the years.  This is a passing league now much more so than back when Kelly was QB...

But yes, Kelly's records will ALL be broken....shoot, how many did Josh already break just this season alone?

It's way too early to say, but due to his mobility issues, I'm not sure Kelly would have thrived so much in the modern era, but with his arm and his accuracy this year, Allen would have thrived 30 years ago.   Both QB's have that intangible will to win that makes quarterbacks great.

Let's just hope that Allen doesn't turn back into a pumpkin.