Bills vs. Dophins Postgame Thread

5 minutes ago, Figster said:

Myself personally, Tua has been playing trenative all season and this is the kind of game a young signal caller can learn from or allow it to define him. I think it would me wise to keep Tua and Fitzpatrick together with Flores relief pitcher mentality IMO. 

Fitz is a good guy and a solid teammate 

he’s also a UFA for the 2021 season. 

he might agree to stay in Miami, but he’ll be yelling

Show Me the Money 💰!!!

5 minutes ago, steven50 said:

I had my sound off and walked into the room when what looked some altercation or something was going on between two of our coaches. What was that all about?

I think they were celebrating the angry run by Antonio Williams. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Fitz is a good guy and a solid teammate 

he’s also a UFA for the 2021 season. 

he might agree to stay in Miami, but he’ll be yelling

Show Me the Money 💰!!!

I would pay the man and build around what they have including Chan Gailey.  

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

I think they were celebrating the angry run by Antonio Williams. 

You gotta love the way Antonio Williams pounded the life out of the fish to help close the game out.

Miami had to be thinking at this point these friggin Bills have talent coming out of the wood work... 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Figster said:

You gotta love the way Antonio Williams pounded the life out of the fish to help close the game out.

Miami had to be thinking at this point these friggin Bills have talent coming out of the wood work... 

Williams looked pissed he was stuck on PS all season. 

• Haha (+1) 3

31 minutes ago, Figster said:

Myself personally, Tua has been playing trenative all season and this is the kind of game a young signal caller can learn from or allow it to define him. I think it would me wise to keep Tua and Fitzpatrick together with Flores relief pitcher mentality IMO. 

I think the relief pitcher is a problem TBH.  The kid needs to sink or swim on his own merits.  If he constantly has someone looking over his shoulder and a coach who is going to give him the hook when things go wrong that's not going to help and eventually it will divide the locker room.  If he's ready to start he's ready to finish, if he's not ready to finish then he shouldn't start.

I was thoroughly underwhelmed by Tua all season.  I'd at least listen if someone was interested because I don't think Chad Pennington is gonna get it done in a division with Allen and a conference with minimally Mahomes and Herbert

As soon as he had to start pushing the ball up the field the turnovers started and it wasn't even windy today nor were we putting on a crazy pass rush.

7 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Williams looked pissed he was stuck on PS all season. 

He looked like a man that knew he was putting his professional life on film for everyone to see.  

Edited by That's No Moon
  • Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

I think the relief pitcher is a problem TBH.  The kid needs to sink or swim on his own merits.  If he constantly has someone looking over his shoulder and a coach who is going to give him the hook when things go wrong that's not going to help and eventually it will divide the locker room.  If he's ready to start he's ready to finish, if he's not ready to finish then he shouldn't start.

I was thoroughly underwhelmed by Tua all season.  I'd at least listen if someone was interested because I don't think Chad Pennington is gonna get it done in a division with Allen and a conference with minimally Mahomes and Herbert

As soon as he had to start pushing the ball up the field the turnovers started and it wasn't even windy today nor were we putting on a crazy pass rush.

He looked like a man that knew he was putting his professional life on film for everyone to see.  

Hope the Bills can keep him. Might make Singletary expendable. 

Just now, That's No Moon said:

I think Fitzy should continue his career in the NFL as a coach and coaching up Tua would be a good start IMO.  

Myself personally, I was also underwhelmed, but more so because I have seen what Tua can do when he's on track with Alabama.

I think we both need to remember Tua is just a pup coming off a serious injury. Much like Allen in his 1st season, somewhat raw with much to learn.

1 minute ago, WotAGuy said:

Hope the Bills can keep him. Might make Singletary expendable. 

I want to see him do some things first.  Things like pass block.  The immediate question though is does he have more on field value than Taiwan Jones right now who is basically a ST gunner and nothing else but he is ostensibly RB3 on gamedays.  I'm not sure.  Does he have more value than TJ Yeldon?  Again I'm not sure but Yeldon seems to have cemented himself into a doghouse of some sort

Just now, That's No Moon said:

I want to see him do some things first.  Things like pass block.  The immediate question though is does he have more on field value than Taiwan Jones right now who is basically a ST gunner and nothing else but he is ostensibly RB3 on gamedays.  I'm not sure.  Does he have more value than TJ Yeldon?  Again I'm not sure but Yeldon seems to have cemented himself into a doghouse of some sort

He has better hands than Taiwan 🤣

1 minute ago, Figster said:

I think Fitzy should continue his career in the NFL as a coach and coaching up Tua would be a good start IMO.  

Myself personally, I was also underwhelmed, but more so because I have seen what Tua can do when he's on track with Alabama.

I think we both need to remember Tua is just a pup coming off a serious injury. Much like Allen in his 1st season, somewhat raw with much to learn.

You saw Tua at Alabama with a loaded team.  The NFL is significantly different.  He's not going to have Jerry Jeudy and Henry Ruggs running 10 yards open all the time.  He's going to have to put balls into tough spots and he is gunshy.  Gunshy like Tyrod used to be gunshy.  Maybe he will get over it, but maybe he is Tyrod and won't throw it until he sees it open.  It doesn't help that his arm is meh at best.  When Josh makes a late decision he gets away with it more than he should because of his arm. Tua is never going to have that luxury.  To me he's Chad Pennington. Pennington won plenty of games in the NFL and started for a long time but his ceiling was game manager.

3 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

He has better hands than Taiwan 🤣

Seals have better hands than Taiwan.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, gordong said:

tua 's arm is average but there are a lot of guys playing in the NFL with average arms...  just none that are top 5

Brees and Brady never had blazing arms but they also never checked down like Tua does.  Hell, Fitz has an average arm.  It what you do with your average arm and it seems like Tua has a don't turn the ball over mindset.  It makes sense.  The only way they lost at Alabama was if he turned the ball over.  He has a coach in Miami that wants to win the game 3-0 so I'm sure he gets hammered with not turning the ball over there too.  If he doesn't get over that quickly it's going to be a problem for him and the Dolphins. 

49 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

You saw Tua at Alabama with a loaded team.  The NFL is significantly different.  He's not going to have Jerry Jeudy and Henry Ruggs running 10 yards open all the time.  He's going to have to put balls into tough spots and he is gunshy.  Gunshy like Tyrod used to be gunshy.  Maybe he will get over it, but maybe he is Tyrod and won't throw it until he sees it open.  It doesn't help that his arm is meh at best.  When Josh makes a late decision he gets away with it more than he should because of his arm. Tua is never going to have that luxury.  To me he's Chad Pennington. Pennington won plenty of games in the NFL and started for a long time but his ceiling was game manager.

Seals have better hands than Taiwan.

No I get it, and I agree with you on being gunshy

People probably wonder why I like Matt Barkley so much despite an average at best throwing arm. Good command of the O and not afraid to make any throw. Like Fitzy, Barkleys giving his guys a chance to make plays.

Its the only way you can play.

Back on the subject of Tua, having seen him make throws with good anticipation and pin point accuracy. I don't think the game has slowed down enough for him yet IMO.  Time will tell...

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Brees and Brady never had blazing arms but they also never checked down like Tua does.  Hell, Fitz has an average arm.  It what you do with your average arm and it seems like Tua has a don't turn the ball over mindset.  It makes sense.  The only way they lost at Alabama was if he turned the ball over.  He has a coach in Miami that wants to win the game 3-0 so I'm sure he gets hammered with not turning the ball over there too.  If he doesn't get over that quickly it's going to be a problem for him and the Dolphins. 

there was a recent Bills QB who played it safe and he wasn't a franchise QB either.....Tyrod Taylor. I think TT was encouraged to play it safe because the Bills never truly trusted his throwing ability....may this be the same with Tua? Time will tell....

• Like (+1) 2