Is Antonio Williams the best closer we have had since Thurman?

LeGOATski

2 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Singletary runs tough too. I don't think people give him enough credit for finishing runs when the opportunity is there.

Yup, we have three RBs that can knock an opponent on his butt, and are happy to do it when called upon.

3 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

I loved how he was running today.

I’m sure a lot of people are going to hate on this comment, but he looked a hell of a lot better than singletary.

Congrats on being the first to post this observation.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, letsgoteam said:

Now maybe fans wont ask if Christian Wade can be activated. I follow a few Bills groups on Facebook. Good grief. People for the trillionth time keep thinking he can be called up.  

He cant?

3 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

I actually liked how the kid ran. 

I would be happy with 

Singletary 

Moss 

Williams going forward. He can take Yeldons spot tomorrow for all I care. 

Even if it was a one game wonder what are we loosing. They claim he is good on ST also.

4 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

I’m sure a lot of people are going to hate on this comment, but he looked a hell of a lot better than singletary.

I got NO problem with that......RB's are a dime a dozen.....just gotta find that diamond in the rough!!

3 hours ago, Coastie said:

The old #35 and #34. Ah, the great old days.

1389332155_1990Bills2.thumb.jpg.1ff2bc76ac5f42662d397370eb27e2dc.jpg

Doing the CARWELL!!!!!  My buds and I laughed and laughed and laughed after he grabbed his balls after a run into the end zone - DOING THE CARWELL!

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Kwai San said:

Ummmmm he sucks based on what ever some a hole said????

Sheesh, too many Boomers on this board.  DrDare was giving Bills management credit for finding/signing Williams when he was ranked the #69 RB in the predraft rankings.  I’d be willing to bet he’s the lowest ranked RB on that list to actually make a roster.

Edited by Mafioso

8 hours ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Hungry, tough, and FRESH legs.

Awesome unscouted weapon for playoffs if needed. 

The thought crossed my mind that they stashed him on the PS to bring up now; but I think it’s too risky to give him any PT in the playoffs. But I agree— great depth and maybe we will See him make the roster next year. 

9 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

They're going to hate on it because it's reactionary garbage. He was running against a team that had it's playoff hopes dashed and was abused for 3 quarters with an offense that couldn't stay on the field. They were gassed and ready to go golfing. So while it was nice to see it.. pretending it's the same thing is a waste of words. 

9 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

They're going to hate on it because it's reactionary garbage. He was running against a team that had it's playoff hopes dashed and was abused for 3 quarters with an offense that couldn't stay on the field. They were gassed and ready to go golfing. So while it was nice to see it.. pretending it's the same thing is a waste of words. 

I agree to an extent but he earned himself a longer look I think.  Maybe not in the playoffs mind you, but I'm interested in seeing what else he can do.  Moss has been stealing carries from Singletary as the year has worn on (post fumble in SF aside) but neither of them have really claimed the job.  While I'd like another homerun hitter in a perfect world, a beefy guy who can punish teams for playing a small lineup against us has value too.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Mafioso said:

Sheesh, too many Boomers on this board.  DrDare was giving Bills management credit for finding/signing Williams when he was ranked the #69 RB in the predraft rankings.  I’d be willing to bet he’s the lowest ranked RB on that list to actually make a roster.

Tooo many people who can't detect a simple stab at sarcasm are being let on this board!

Very Impressed with his performance today. He was a beast! Seemed more impressive than either S&M have been so far this year. I get that by the time he got in the game that the Miami team defense might have been gassed and running for the bus. But it didn't seem like they were either. Did Miami ever pull their starters toward the end of the game? And remember that when he was in, the Buffalo Oline was basically backups.  Was he playing with an Oline made up of backups and a backup QB,  against one of the NFL's top Defenses still playing their starters?

He impressed, while Knox on the other hand, underwhelmed. If Knox was playing against a D that was gassed running for the bus, why did he continue to so underwhelm. I kept thinking that even though is was Barkley and not Allen running the offense, why did I keep saying  "If Diggs had been out there those passes that Knox missed would have been caught for huge gains". While at the same time Williams was being a true beast. I really look forward to next year to see if William's game yesterday was just a one time fluke. I also want to say that while Barkley is definitely no Allen, and he was shaky, he did his backup job reasonably well, and actually exceeded my low expectations.

Edited by simpleman
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

When it was 28-13 and Miami’s season was on the line, their hopes were dashed?? Nope. 

The kid ran hard all half. Some meaningful, some not.

I couldn’t say the same for singletary at alll. Goes down at first contact most of the time.

Do yourself a favour and watch Williams opening runs on the first drive of the 2nd half. (When the score was 28-13 and Miami was coming off a TD)

And then watch singletarys the first half.

Edited by BillsFan130
  • Like (+1) 1