Colts and Titans Games Thread... and scenarios

Process

Just now, Playoffs? said:

I know people hate talking about who we play, blah blah blah...

But if the Bills advance, would LOVE for Pittsburgh to beat Cleveland.. we’d then get Pittsburgh at home, and the winner of Ravens-Titans plays KC (after they’ve beaten each other up), and I think either one could take out KC.

Ideal situation

In the NFL, there are no easy games. Especially so in the playoffs. 

Colts are a good team, well-coached, a QB that could go on a hot street, a very good running game and good defense.  However, of all the remaining teams, I'd rather play the Colts.  While a good defense, I think the Bills offense can rack up points and put pressure on the Colts to keep up. Could make a big difference if the Bills could take an early lead and force the Colts to pass the ball. 

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Hit the upright and lucked out.  Titans are lucky to avoid playing us. 

And we are lucky that the Titans and the Ravens will knock one of themselves out. That's huge. 

The path through to the end is clear, and it runs through Kansas City.

I see an AFC Championship for the ages.

Stoked!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Bills just need to stay humble and hungry and take care of business.

We have some good depth, smoke is back, and I would not mind seeing more of that Williams rb.

Daboll has plenty of toys to game plan around.

one thing about these bills is they have their heads on pretty straight due to McD...They wont come in overconfident

• Like (+1) 1

That was kind of cute Kornaki's diminishing Dolphin playoff odds thru the day

Edited by stevewin

17 minutes ago, Tcali said:

the worst thing would of been us playing the dolphins and fitzy next week.  I like the indy matchup.But all these teams are close.

The team in the first round that i think we all feared most was Balt.

Did you watch the game today?  Just hung 56 on the Dolphins with backups playing half the game.

• Like (+1) 1

Things I love about playing the Colts. 

Phillip Rivers

He is at the end of career, will probably make some mistakes against our D. I’m feeling a few turnovers.

Im not too worried about any defences  against this offense right now. We have been playing some physical defences the past four five weeks and shredding them. Once we figure out how they want to attack us I’m feeling so confident that   we turn the juice up and win by ten plus. Maybe 20 the way we are rolling. 

Edited by loveorhatembillsfan4life
  • Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, chknwing334 said:

Did you watch the game today?  Just hung 56 on the Dolphins with backups playing half the game.

i know but its creepy giving a team an extra chance after being battered.It would have made the 1st game meaningless

1 hour ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

And we are lucky that the Titans and the Ravens will knock one of themselves out. That's huge. 

The path through to the end is clear, and it runs through Kansas City.

I see an AFC Championship for the ages.

Stoked!

My "big 3" feared teams are Titans, KC, and Baltimore.

It is convenient that one of Titans and Ravens have to lose before we would get them.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

Things I love about playing the Colts. 

Phillip Rivers

He is at the end of career, will probably make some mistakes against our D. I’m feeling a few turnovers.

Im not too worried about any defences  against this offense right now. We have been playing some physical defences the past four five weeks and shredding them. Once we figure out how they want to attack us I’m feeling so confident that   we turn the juice up and win by ten plus. Maybe 20 the way we are rolling. 

Agree with all of this, but for the sake of devil's advocate, don't overlook Jonathan Taylor. He's really hitting his stride lately and might be the best back this team has seen since Derrick Henry. 253 yards on the ground today. Thankfully our D has really been stepping up. They're going to need to keep it going because I think everybody including Jim Irsay know that the Rivers isn't going to fully beat you with his arm right now. I expect another 25-30+ Taylor carries.

In general though I agree that the Colts currently look like the best team to face. Steelers and Browns aren't too terrifying imo either, so this is shaping up quite nicely with one of them guaranteed to survive next week.

• Like (+1) 1

• SDS unpinned this topic