Bills expected to play numerous starters including Allen per Jeremy Fowler report

Big Turk

9 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

FWIW, on the Buffalobills website, One Bills live segment with Greg Cosell, he alludes to calling Chris Brown and Steve Tasker and pumping them for what was going to happen because they were profiling the Bills on their pregame show, and Brown says "sorry we couldn't help you". 

So I don't think Fowler really knows who will play or how much.  People are trying to read the tea leaves from the PS callups as well, but look at last week where they called up Davis Webb then left him inactive.

• Like (+1) 2

The Bills want to win this game, and will do what they need to do to get it done. The Steelers losing is not a forgone conclusion. I would be pretty surprised not to see Allen play, and to be honest, I'm not worried in the least. The O-lines has been giving him great protection, he's been taking it easy on the hero-ball thing, and, of course, the league, and the refs are strict on roughing the passer calls. 

Diggs and Smoke are the players I worry about unnecessarily putting in harm's way. I hope they limit their snaps. Diggs doesn't need them, and give Smoke just enough to get his groove back from his absence. Let Davis have a huge game. Maybe elevate a WR from the PS. Run the ball more. But, win the game.

Edited by Rocky Landing
  • Like (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, djp14150 said:

Josh would be playing just to through the 40 or so yards needed for team record.

Nah they are playing for that 2nd seed. Sure a record for JA would be great, but I doubt that's the 1st thing on their mind

Edited by Patrick_Duffy
  • Like (+1) 5

I've come around on it. Who knows, maybe maintaining the same rhythm is better Covid prep in some way, of which this team has done a pretty good job of managing so far. We've kept a pretty healthy team together for the most part so I'm okay with the professionals just doing their thing.

On the brightside if Allen stays upright and healthy for even just a half he's got a good shot at 4500-35, which is just awesome.

Edited by Nelius
  • Like (+1) 3

Has anyone been expecting that the Starters wouldn't play at all? And if so, what drugs are you taking? 

It's always seemed like the starters (well, the Allen/Diggs/etc guys) would come in play a quarter to a half and call it a day. 

The hand wringing over someone possibly getting hurt is insane. They've played 15 games and some of you would have had starters sitting week 1. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

I am banking on 20+ Zack Moss touches tomorrow. I think this is the true Zack Moss breakout game. He's averaged ~13 carries the past 3 weeks, his usage is ramping up and this is a perfect game for the rook to take some pressure off of the passing game.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Has anyone been expecting that the Starters wouldn't play at all? And if so, what drugs are you taking? 

It's always seemed like the starters (well, the Allen/Diggs/etc guys) would come in play a quarter to a half and call it a day. 

The hand wringing over someone possibly getting hurt is insane. They've played 15 games and some of you would have had starters sitting week 1. 

The implications of starters getting hurt in week 1 versus 17 are massively different. And it's easy to say things like this now, but if we are up two scores in the third and Allen or Diggs gets hurt you aren't going to feel this way. I trust the staff knows how to handle this, especially after Beasley got hurt last week during a meaningless series. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Big C said:

The implications of starters getting hurt in week 1 versus 17 are massively different. And it's easy to say things like this now, but if we are up two scores in the third and Allen or Diggs gets hurt you aren't going to feel this way. I trust the staff knows how to handle this, especially after Beasley got hurt last week during a meaningless series. 

Didn't the starting LT for Greenbay just go down during practice? I mean you kind of just have to roll with it.

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Didn't the starting LT for Greenbay just go down during practice? I mean you kind of just have to roll with it.

Sure fluky things happen. I don't have a problem with the starters playing; I'm just saying that I don't buy the "resting the starters week 17 is no different from resting them week 1" logic. 

What is this insanity? I'd like to see what fans advocating for the Bills to go all out to win would say if Allen gets hurt. 

It's beyond stupid to play the big guys tomorrow. Worst case, they go to Pittsburgh in the second round. And that is already highly unlikely. It's definitely not worth risking an injury.

I hope this is all just a smokescreen and McDermott actually isn't this dense.

Do we have official word on what the Steelers are doing?  

If you see all the Steelers start, a couple things are clear.    

They are playing to win.

However Ben is definitely playing injured.  That has to be why Tomlin declared him out almost as soon as the week 16 games were done. 

My guess is Diggs will not play.

I'd bet the farm he's not.  

Edited by Big Blitz

Ok just saw its official.

Out for the Steelers:

Watt 

Heyward 

Pouncey 

And Haden and Ebron to Covid IR.

They're done.  Already down Bush and Dupree.  Baltimore is going to steamroll them in RD 1.  

Our starters minus Diggs will be playing 2 series when Allen should get the record.  

Miami will win which is fine. 

Cleveland in RD1 then winner of Miami Tennessee in RD 2.  Fine by me.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 2