Russ Brandon in Draft Day(movie) always cracks me up

Big Turk

Just watching this movie again and Brandon always cracks me up with his cameo...

Browns GM: "Give me an hour to think about it"

Brandon: "We'll give you half that" and hangs up

Too bad he wasn't like that in real life...we might not have missed the playoffs 17 years under his watch...

Also...I had NO IDEA that the Black Panther was Vontae Mack...

Edited by Big Turk
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Just watching this movie again and Brandon always cracks me up with his cameo...

Too bad he wasn't like that in real life...we might not have missed the playoffs 17 years under his watch...

Also...I had NO IDEA that the Black Panther was Vontae Mack...

????????

Just now, John from Riverside said:

????????

Draft Day...the movie

1 minute ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Vontae Mack no matter what

Played by Chadwick Boseman

And he didn't even yell "Wakanda Forever!!!"

• Big Turk changed the title to Russ Brandon in Draft Day(movie) always cracks me up

Shocker that he jumped at the opportunity to be in a movie. The guy is a complete slimeball and I’m shocked he stayed around for so long.

On a related note... crazy that we had media leaks in our front office for two decades until Ol’ Russ left. 🤔

• Like (+1) 3

52 minutes ago, Beast said:

Originally, wasn’t Costner supposed to be the GM of the Buffalo Bills? Something fell through with that. ...or am I completely wrong?

I also heard that it was originally supposed to be the Bills. Not sure why it was changed. The speech the radio guy makes at the beginning of the movie is just as applicable to WNY as it is to Cleveland.

56 minutes ago, Beast said:

Originally, wasn’t Costner supposed to be the GM of the Buffalo Bills? Something fell through with that. ...or am I completely wrong?

Correct, the movie was supposed to be based on buffalo and filled in NY, but cost breaks for filming were never reached.   So they moved it to Cleveland where the cost of production was cheeper 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Beast said:

You’re correct.  NYS wouldn’t work out a tax break issue to film there and Ohio jumped at the chance.  You’re politicians at work.

The story was written with the Bills in mind.  Vic talked about it several years ago on Press Coverage, a show on Saturdays on NFLR.  I also read the story in one of the newspapers up there.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, holla83 said:

I also heard that it was originally supposed to be the Bills. Not sure why it was changed. The speech the radio guy makes at the beginning of the movie is just as applicable to WNY as it is to Cleveland.

I am certainly glad the Bills were not the ones featured in that horrible movie.

Edited by TBBills
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Maybe he was expecting a different sort of phone call?  Nudge nudge wink wink.

• Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, TBBills said:

I am certainly glad the Bills were not the ones featured in that horrible movie.

My favorite part of unrealism is when he gets the Jacksonville GM to trade him the 6th overall pick for 3 #2's...

I mean the Bills gave up 2 #2's just to move up to 7th with TB and swapped firsts.

Who the hell is trading the 6th overall pick for 3 #2's?? That doesn't even come close to adding up.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

My favorite part of unrealism is when he gets the Jacksonville GM to trade him the 6th overall pick for 3 #2's...

I mean the Bills gave up 2 #2's just to move up to 7th with TB and swapped firsts.

Who the hell is trading the 6th overall pick for 3 #2's?? That doesn't even come close to adding up.

Perhaps it made more sense before rookie wage scale?

9 hours ago, Rigotz said:

Shocker that he jumped at the opportunity to be in a movie. The guy is a complete slimeball and I’m shocked he stayed around for so long.

On a related note... crazy that we had media leaks in our front office for two decades until Ol’ Russ left. 🤔

Thinking about Ol' Russ the other day when I saw the 2017 playoff video.  The first thing I thought of were the constant leaks that stopped when he left.   Really hope the guy has cleaned it up.

34 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Thinking about Ol' Russ the other day when I saw the 2017 playoff video.  The first thing I thought of were the constant leaks that stopped when he left.   Really hope the guy has cleaned it up.

Amazing how there were no leaks about him banging half office staff there...hahaha

Napolis

Really though.  They should have shot him into the sun no later than 2009, probably earlier.  Absolute toxicity.   Wilson was very comfortable with him but he ran a very dysfunctional football organization.

It's no coincidence this guy hasn't sniffed any opportunity since he was figured out

Edited by May Day 10