Taylor Swift, "Folklore/Evermore" Albums

{::'KayCeeS::}

I think she’s a really good songwriter, but find her lyrical content annoying. She’s been singing the same scorned love songs forever. Her memoir like songs just aren’t my thing. I can deal with AC DC giving me fun repetitive lyrics, but Swift’s repetitive lyrics are a downer. She also seems to be trying too hard to become a mature artist, I’ve noticed the addition of seemingly unnecessary awkward swearing in her new songs that just don’t seem to fit. I think she’s very talented, and is incredible for a modern pop star. I’ve just never been able to get past her vibe. I think her old stuff was better, and felt more genuine. Her act seems tired to me at this point. 

Edited by SirAndrew

This album has zero bangers. I think her time has come and gone. 

On 1/3/2021 at 8:55 AM, Teddy KGB said:

Idk, I’m still busy jamming to these two heaters 

Same but add this

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/2/2021 at 4:54 PM, {::'KayCeeS::} said:

You know you love it.  Tell us how much you love it in this thread.

If she walked into my house and started singing her songs, my initial reaction would be to call my wife in the room and ask if she knew who this lady was.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Simon said:

If she walked into my house and started singing her songs, my initial reaction would be to call my wife in the room and ask if she knew who this lady was.

My son rented an apartment in Nashville immediately next door to Kelsea Ballerini. Yeah, I didn’t know who that was either, had never heard of her back then but she was kinda cute hanging around the pool. Apparently she’s  a big deal and friends with Taylor Swift and my wife would run into them in the parking garage or in the hallway. My wife kept mentioning she had run into his neighbor and my son would say “yeah, and that is Taylor Swift she is with. You may have heard of her.”  My wife had no idea, one more good thing about her. 

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.