Tyler Kroft positive COVID result reported Sat am [EDIT: now said to be false pos and he's active again]

RiotAct

The NFL needs to hit the pause button. They largely went unscathed during the regular season. View it as getting across a hurdle, the closing of one chapter in the 20-21 year. Just pause, re-evaluate, and make needed adjustments to see us through the Super Bowl. At this rate (by staying the course), the eventual champion will have a huge asterisk because they played a team without a key player in the Super Bowl. 

The Titans were catered to, the Browns are getting hosed. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I have a gut feeling that once playoffs start, these positive covid tests will magically go away. No way the NFL wants guys like Mahomes or Rodgers unable to play a playoff game 

I don't doubt the NFL would do that but is it them reporting test results or an independent group?  I honestly don't know.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

I don't doubt the NFL would do that but is it them reporting test results or an independent group?  I honestly don't know.

I seriously doubt the NFL is going to put lives in danger because its playoff time.

Not the players or public IMO.

9 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I have a gut feeling that once playoffs start, these positive covid tests will magically go away. No way the NFL wants guys like Mahomes or Rodgers unable to play a playoff game 

They might not want it, but as they are hard enough about it, to make the Broncos play a game without a recognised QB, then a team missing its starter, isn't going to phase them.

Their attitude is, in effect, that whoever is missing, is the result of 'injury'.

There has been talk, in the past, of getting teams to 'bubble' for the playoffs, but whether or not that happens, is another question.

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

His wife tweeted it out.

Ah!  The wife!

6 minutes ago, klos63 said:

The morning testing must be absolutely nerve racking for the organization, for every team.

Heh.  Unless they've stepped up the turn-around, what's nerve racking is getting the results of Fri am's tests at 4:30 am on Saturday

I think McDermott, Daboll and Frazier going to be waking up at 4:25 am tomorrow

6 minutes ago, Rock'em Sock'em said:

Fromm was not elevated, did not see any WRs that I can see.  Do you think Allen and Diggs will completely sit or play a quarter or two?

At this point, I think McDermott and the coaches and players know and everyone else is just guessing.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

You have to wonder if riding the pine makes it a little less incentivizing to be completely locked down/careful. 

I guess - though I'd think in today's environment they're all on notice to be called upon. Letting your guard down is equal to letting your team down.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
quoted covid text
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

I don't know either. If it's team Dr's, I wouldn't doubt in anyway that the more important players probably barely even get swabbed for these tests. A quick swipe along the tip of the nose will do 😉

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

And Knox will be fine since he can't catch anything. 

This is funny. REALLY funny! :lol:

1 hour ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Two things I wonder about:

1) will they stop the needless hand shaking after games .. it is bizarre how they have all these protocols in place but then after the game they are hugging and otherwise getting close to the other team. Simply maddening. 
2) will players who already tested positive be exempt from the close contact protocol?

Re: 1) - couldn't agree more.

no clue on 2