Benny the Butcher “We the Mafia” new fight somg

Sundancer

5 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Karlos, I’m settled bud, you’re topic is the new shout song.  Hell NO.  Now I’m not crazy about anyone that displays meat cleavers and called the Butcher as the advocate for our team.

A song positive about the Bills, great.  Not my thing, but maybe some young people like it.  That’s ok.  You asked if we liked it.  My answer is no. Change you’re title if you’re really asking, hey what about another fun song for young people on the Bills.  If you really think anyone over 40 is going to like it, not mention those over 60, um no.

Its ok as we can have fans of all generations.  If this pumps you up on some tweet, great, not in Rich Stadium, ever.

I'm over 40.  I like what I've heard of him.  To me, his style is more old school Hip Hop compared to a lot of what's on the radio.  

This clip just seems like a clip.  There probably is a song coming.  But different strokes... as it's said.  Look at Benny as a character;

like  Alice Cooper is a character.  Or David Bowie and his various personas.  Or WWE characters.  

The Shout Song isn't going anywhere,  nor should it, but the Pegula's might want to consider paying for an updated version.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BigDingus said:

These boards are filled with... shall we say, elder statesmen. They wont take too kindly to changing up the song.

Even if the original song is pretty cringe by today's standards, it's tradition.

So good luck convincing people it's worth changing up, especially to a rap song 🤣

What are you insinuating?

tenor.gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

4 hours ago, BigDingus said:

These boards are filled with... shall we say, elder statesmen. They wont take too kindly to changing up the song.

Even if the original song is pretty cringe by today's standards, it's tradition.

So good luck convincing people it's worth changing up, especially to a rap song 🤣

The white folk aren’t going for it, but it’s time for a new song. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

That was awful.  Why would anyone want to replace the Shout Song, our fav. Some since 1988 to this?

Hard No.

Even "Talken' Proud" from the 1970s was better than that.

11 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Umm. To be honest I’m not really sure. Maybe “Dr Birds” but that’s with the group he’s in called Griselda. I never know the names of songs and I more just saw him around the neighborhood and got meh bud from him.  We lived on Nevada and he lived a block over on Montana. 

wow.  that's close to home.  I grew up right there on East Ferry, between Nevada and Montana.  2 lonnnnnnnnng ass blocks.  When I was 9 I saw, in real time, somebody get shot on Nevada.  Aah, the good ol days.

And to the substance of the Topic, I like the Shout song because it harkens to the early 90s when we almost won it all.  If/when/when we do win it all (this year) I'ma play the shout song as loud as I can, on repeat.

But then, it will be time for a new song for this new team.

BTW, IIRC, Shout is only to be played for touchdowns, not FG or Safety or whatever.  Am I correct?

Lastly, the Shout song is available as a clip on the Bills' official app.  Have it queued up and ready on gameday.

Edited by maddenboy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsfaninChicago said:

Ok this sheds some light for me. I was wondering why the Bills online store was selling “Benny the Butcher” shirts. I am such a square I thought he was an actual butcher.

No he's a nationally famous rapper from Buffalo lol

25 minutes ago, maddenboy said:

wow.  that's close to home.  I grew up right there on East Ferry, between Nevada and Montana.  2 lonnnnnnnnng ass blocks.  When I was 9 I saw, in real time, somebody get shot on Nevada.  Aah, the good ol days.

And to the substance of the Topic, I like the Shout song because it harkens to the early 90s when we almost won it all.  If/when/when we do win it all (this year) I'ma play the shout song as loud as I can, on repeat.

But then, it will be time for a new song for this new team.

BTW, IIRC, Shout is only to be played for touchdowns, not FG or Safety or whatever.  Am I correct?

Lastly, the Shout song is available as a clip on the Bills' official app.  Have it queued up and ready on gameday.

I ditched it a month ago because most of the alerts weren't Bills news... just random ***** that they felt they had to pass along. Turned into a garbage app.

Yeah the video is unfortunately kind of lame but I'm surprised to see all of the Benny hate / unawareness. He and the rest of Griselda are doing great things for Buffalo, and they put out some of the best hip hop of the year. Like 90's golden era hip hop, none of that soundcloud mumble crap. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Yeah the video is unfortunately kind of lame but I'm surprised to see all of the Benny hate / unawareness. He and the rest of Griselda are doing great things for Buffalo, and they put out some of the best hip hop of the year. Like 90's golden era hip hop, none of that soundcloud mumble crap. 

Absolutely benny and the rest of griselda have a catalog that rivals any rappers out rn.

They definitely bring back that 90s nyc sound

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Isn't this all actually just to promote his Buffalo Bills themed t-shirt through One Buffalo? I think the song was just some extra promotion and not intended to be that serious. Per everything else on Twitter the shirt that he's wearing is the focus.

Yeah it's on the one Buffalo site. It's a tshirt commercial.

Edited by Nelius

12 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Umm. To be honest I’m not really sure. Maybe “Dr Birds” but that’s with the group he’s in called Griselda. I never know the names of songs and I more just saw him around the neighborhood and got meh bud from him.  We lived on Nevada and he lived a block over on Montana. 

Love you called out Dr Birds!  This guy gets it! :D   Burden of Proof is solid start to finish and WWCD is 🔥

More than anything, it's just great that the Bills are embracing culture, Benny and the Griselda crew are IT in rap right now.  Underground, but still blowing up in music, art, fashion and more.  These guys have been on the grind for yeeeeears and it's really paid off over the past few.  In the past the Bills would have shunned this (but not TO, or Rex, or other nonsense), so, IMO, it's rad to seem them support the guys that happening on the national scene...

5 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Griselda is really putting buffalo on the music map!

Westside Gunn, Conway the Machine, Benny the Butcher and their producer Daringer are just killing it - everyone that listens to rap knows that Buffalo is the real deal and it's cool to see.  BOOM BOOM BOOM! :beer: 

BTW everyone, that's not the full song, unless songs are now 26 seconds long... o_O

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, Heitz said:

Love you called out Dr Birds!  This guy gets it! :D   Burden of Proof is solid start to finish and WWCD is 🔥

More than anything, it's just great that the Bills are embracing culture, Benny and the Griselda crew are IT in rap right now.  Underground, but still blowing up in music, art, fashion and more.  These guys have been on the grind for yeeeeears and it's really paid off over the past few.  In the past the Bills would have shunned this (but not TO, or Rex, or other nonsense), so, IMO, it's rad to seem them support the guys that happening on the national scene...

Westside Gunn, Conway the Machine, Benny the Butcher and their producer Daringer are just killing it - everyone that listens to rap knows that Buffalo is the real deal and it's cool to see.  BOOM BOOM BOOM! :beer: 

BTW everyone, that's not the full song, unless songs are now 26 seconds long... o_O

Yeah I've been listening to them for years. Before they blew

Absolutely authentic sound

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Heitz said:

Their second hand vinyl sells for $2k+ on Discogs right now. These guys built a cult following and did it right. They'd be fine with just their core base but now they're breaking through on a national level. It's so cool to see.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Your weed man’s name was Benny the Butcher?  My weed man’s name is Jeff...just Jeff.  He watches a lot of Fox News.  I’m guessing Benny doesn’t.

He was 2 Chain Benny Mane back then if I remember right. Then the rapper who’s known as 2 chains now took his name.  I don’t think I ever had a guy that had a normal name. They all had aliases. 

10 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

He was 2 Chain Benny Mane back then if I remember right. Then the rapper who’s known as 2 chains now took his name.  I don’t think I ever had a guy that had a normal name. They all had aliases. 

2 chain Bennymane and B.E.N.N.Y

Lots new him as Benny from Montana

Edited by Buffalo716