Benny the Butcher “We the Mafia” new fight somg

Sundancer

1 hour ago, JohnNord said:

Can someone explain who Benny is?  Is he a local rapper?  Or one that’s known on a national scale?

If you really like rap (and not whats one the radio because thats bout 1% of whats made) you know who Benny is.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, Mr. K said:

If you really like rap (and not whats one the radio because thats bout 1% of whats made) you know who Benny is.

Makes sense.  I don’t really listen to rap and only know of the artists who crossed over.  I did see that Benny was a guest on One Bills Live a few weeks back but had no idea who he was.  

59 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

This ^^^^ I’m good with a new song as shout is a little old and tired. However, this one does not do it for me.

I agree with this take. 

• Like (+1) 1

With Josh's new found love of Sinatra, coupled with the Bills' embracing "the process" to change the culture around One Bill's Drive, I propose Sinatra's "My Way" be the new fight song.

Maybe not the most fear inspiring song on anyones playlist, but it would make the rest of the nation sit up and say .... "What the f..."

just sayin' 

• Haha (+1) 2

Doesn’t work as well as the real Bills SHOUT song, but like in all things those pesky youngsters gotta make there own noise...😂

Oh, and what’s his ph#, my weed supply is getting low...

Go Bills!!!

3 hours ago, Sundancer said:

Bills tweeted it. Time for a new day. Keep Shout in the rotation but this should be the new song. Excellent old elements plus the new “Bills Mafia” stuff 

"Bills Mafia" seems to be here to stay and I mean no disparagement of it, but I would like the team to recognize that "Mafia" is at the start associated with brutal organized crime, and not choose a fight song that forces that "Bills Fan = Mafia" association on fans who dislike it.

2 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

No one is trying to change the shout song. It’s just a Hype video with local talent. 
Settle down

Well, that was the premise of the thread you're posting in, so "no one" is obviously incorrect

3 hours ago, Sundancer said:

Bills tweeted it. Time for a new day. Keep Shout in the rotation but this should be the new song. Excellent old elements plus the new “Bills Mafia” stuff 

Is that the whole thing?

Congrats to my boy Benny. I know him personally for years. He performed at the first event I threw in Buffalo back in 2007 at Space Nightclub in Downtown Buffalo. He has a deal with Eminem and manged by Jay Z. His team, Griselda, are the most successful hip hop group ever out of WNY.

If you are into hip hop...you'll understand why all the all time greats love this Griselda group. Benny is the best lyricist of the bunch...his best album is "Tana Talk 3" and "Burden of Proof" with "The Plugs I Met" being a close 3rd imo.

Check him out on YouTube "Benny The Butcher" if you like hip hip and wanna be put on to new classic music.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Codyny13 said:

Is that the whole thing?

I here ya, it’s fine, but it’s got no hook, it’s been a while since Snoop & Dre we’re kickin it, it’s no “Chronic“ but then again what is... gotta be one of if not the best Rap disc ever put out... jmo. 

Karlos, I’m settled bud, you’re topic is the new shout song.  Hell NO.  Now I’m not crazy about anyone that displays meat cleavers and called the Butcher as the advocate for our team.

A song positive about the Bills, great.  Not my thing, but maybe some young people like it.  That’s ok.  You asked if we liked it.  My answer is no. Change you’re title if you’re really asking, hey what about another fun song for young people on the Bills.  If you really think anyone over 40 is going to like it, not mention those over 60, um no.

Its ok as we can have fans of all generations.  If this pumps you up on some tweet, great, not in Rich Stadium, ever.

The "Original|" Bills Shout song is all good; but honestly I always thought it was a little lame!   Back in the late 80s they took the actual Shout song from the '50s (which was rediscovered in the movie Animal House by Otis Day and the Knights)..... and they changed the lyrics and comandeered the song for when the Bills Scored.  So I always wished we had our "own" song, like the Eagles "Fly" song....   Anyway...  all good....

5 hours ago, Sundancer said:

I don't get why people feel the need to say this every time a fan creates a song celebrating the Bills it's not implied by the tweet at all.

It's not terrible but it doesn't have the right sing-a-long quality for the fans and it's not BIG enough. Our current song, while iconic to the fanbase is dated, corny and kinda sounds like a supermarket jingle from 1990. Doesn't mean I don't love it, but I wish we could find a way to update it.

I love the original Shout song by The Isley Brothers and wish we could "update" our version with something a little closer to that which is more bombastic and fun. Think Animal House, but of course we have to wrap this up in 30 seconds so no time to make it a little bit softer. I'd love if our Shout song started off with that legendary refrain; "Now WAIT a minute!" before the music explodes, BillsMafia is shouted out, the Bills make me feel allllllright, then several Shouts (make it louder now) with plenty of glorious "whoos" in the background like the original song, then our favorite call and response delightfulness ensues, then a homestretch frenzy of Shouts and then it ends with the Bills make me wanna shout, instead of what sounds like the music of an old Super Duper commercial. Just my thoughts.

Nice try by Benny, but we can do better.

• Like (+1) 1