Just for fun: Suggestions for Josh Allen "Chill Out" Music

WideNine

We all know that Allen idles at around 3000 rpm and used to start games way too amped. Normally, one would hear on a field or in a locker room a lot of modern epic motivational/rap music when athletes are getting ready to play, but Allen says that for him to calm down enough he likes to listen to Sinatra, Elvis, Etc.. to chill out before games.

So.....what songs would you guys suggest he listen too?  ( Maybe try to keep it to 2-3 tops)

I will get this ball rolling adding some of my own twist, but I am curious what you folks will suggest as "chill out" Allen music.

1. Sinatra - Pennies from Heaven (thinking dimes falling from Allen)

2. Joshua James - Coal War  "Sons of Anarchy"

• Like (+1) 1

I like this thread for a bunch of reasons:

1- I didn't now that about Allen; that's a great story. It might sound ridiculous but I bet it has a legitimate, positive effect on him. Your QB should have the calmest mind on the field and that's a great way to get your zenzone on before a game.

2- Pennies is my favorite Frank song and when I was young enough to have crying babes in arms it was my #1 go-to to sing to them when I walked the floor.

3- I love the fact that Allen has the self-awareness to recognize not only that keeping his mind calm is paramount to his success, but that he needed to find ways to get better at it and that he was smart enough to do it successfully.

4- He seems to have some pretty good taste in music.

Suggestion:

He should have some straight instrumental stuff sprinkled in there; no point in distracting yourself with ideas and thoughts in the form of lyrics. I'd go with some skilled and chilled jazz to dial in. How about some Boney James, Josh....

• Like (+1) 2

Nearly anything by the godlike band Low.

Wait, mellow, but cheerful? I'll go with the crooners, instead.

Der Bingle.

Dino!! Oughta hold up well at the Ralph in January.

We know he loves Sinatra, so ... Nancy!!!!

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

The band Explosions in the Sky.  Featured in the Friday Night Lights soundtrack.

Beautiful Mind soundtrack.

The song Hearing by Asleep at Last.

The song Dayvan Cowboy by Boards of Canada. 

#BoardsofCanadafanboy

Explosions in the Sky are fantastic, as well.

5 hours ago, WideNine said:

We all know that Allen idles at around 3000 rpm and used to start games way too amped. Normally, one would hear on a field or in a locker room a lot of modern epic motivational/rap music when athletes are getting ready to play, but Allen says that for him to calm down enough he likes to listen to Sinatra, Elvis, Etc.. to chill out before games.

So.....what songs would you guys suggest he listen too?  ( Maybe try to keep it to 2-3 tops)

I will get this ball rolling adding some of my own twist, but I am curious what you folks will suggest as "chill out" Allen music.

1. Sinatra - Pennies from Heaven (thinking dimes falling from Allen)

2. Joshua James - Coal War  "Sons of Anarchy"

All 80's all the time!