Baltimore Ravens are the worst match up imo

45 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

The Ravens are a Championship-quality opponent. I'm not sure why anyone wants that early in the playoffs.

So might be the Titans, Browns, Dolphins as well as the Colts on any given Sunday.  Injuries, the Nova, weather conditions, etc are also factors.  I think we need to respect every team we face in the playoffs. Each can beat us. While I do understand your point, I'm willing to accept any and all challenges as I think we will be the better team in any game.

Edited by Pokebball
Added to
  • Like (+1) 1

Most likley every team will have 11 wins.  Every team is good.  Only team that concerns me is KC and we will face them in the AFC championship game.  Buffalo is playing at a level no one wants to face.

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

We want the two seed to avoid the Ravens but you don't want a starter injured going into the playoffs, so........

Start our backups and at halftime if the Browns aren't blowing out the Steelers then activate our starters for the 2nd half.  I know that's impractical but it's the only solution I can come up with.

We want the two seed.

But we want a rested healthy team much much more.

Agreed the Ravens would be one of the toughest matchups. Health is far far more important for us than matchups.

1 hour ago, Just Joshin' said:

If you are scared of another team in the playoffs, you have already lost.  All the teams in the AFC will have strong resumes.  To make the SB, they will need 3 strong wins.  Play to win Sunday and beat the teams you draw.

I am trying to imagine the coach's pregame talk:  "We need to win so we delay facing Baltimore".  

If you are scared of another team in the playoffs, you have already lost.  All the teams in the AFC will have strong resumes.  To make the SB, the Bills will need 3 strong wins.  Play to win Sunday and beat the teams you draw.

Try to imagine this coach's pre-game talk:  "Thank goodness we avoided facing Baltimore. Great win, fellas. Of course, now that Allen's out for the next three weeks with a knee tweak he got so we could avoid Baltimore, we should be fine with Barkley the next three weeks. Allen will be back for the Super Bowl."

There's no team we need to avoid in the sense that we can't play them with a good chance to win.  ... IF ... we're healthy.

Edited by Thurman#1

First, concerns for opponents based on a children’s game is dumb.  

As far as opponents, I’m not worried, but respect all of them.

Offense Yards

Bills 4th 

Ravens 18th

Offense Pts.

Bills 6th

Ravens 8th

Passing

Bills 2nd

Ravens 31st

Rushing

Ravens 1st

Bills 19th

Note the Bills passing and rushing avg. 45 more yards per game then the Ravens.  The Ravens have to play with a lead.  When KC put up a lead on the Ravens, Harbaugh was stubborn and kept blitzing Mahomes and he torched them.  If we win the toss, I hope we receive if we play them.  The way we’ve lit up other teams in the first quarter, they’ll fall behind.

Defense

Yards

Ravens 9th

Bills 10th

Pass

Bills 8th

Ravens 14th

Rush

Ravens 9th

Bills 20th (Note: that has improving every week since the Seahawks minus the wind game with the Pats in Buffalo)

The easiest way to knock them out of their rhythm is a fast passing game.  Barring a mistake tomorrow, we will be the healthiest all year next week.  Just watch Allen, Diggs, Brown (thank god he’s back), Beasely (we hope), and Davis just torch them down the field.  I know it would be fun with a fast Diggs or Brown deep ball for a TD IN 30 seconds, but I’d rather see a methodical moving the ball down the field drive that takes up 8:43 and they have no answer for us.

• Like (+1) 2

Outside of one busted coverage last year we played Baltimore even. It was Lamar's lowest total yardage output of the season. This was also with last year's offense and last year's Josh. We even had a chance to tie the game up until our final play where John Brown ran a lazy route, giving Peters a chance to drive on it and break it up. This isn't the same Bills team and Lamar is no better than he was last year, actually having taken a step back for the most part. We are the team no one wants to see in January. 

One last thing, the Ravens are 3-5 against teams with a winning record.  I included the Pats as the Pats beat them when the Pats had a winning record, so at the worst, 3-4.

They've had a relatively easy schedule playing the NFC Least, and AFCS.  They don’t have nearly as much experience playing well performing teams.  The same goes for the Steelers and Browns.

I know it concerned some our SOS was looking cough for opponents at the beginning of the year, but that changes year to year.  Bottom line after tomorrow we should finish 6-3 against teams with winning records, or 5-4 if we sit a ton of people and was a gimme for the Fins.  I actually had a tool Jests fan come up to me in the gym (wearing Bills or Sabres clothes a lot when I workout), “but yeah we beat you last year”.  I didn’t know the guy that well, and just stopped in the stairclimber and simply said, “do even watch football”.  He said, “yeah, why”.  “Because we rested our whole team and you still barely beat us”.

I’ve listened to you guys and I guess not just the stars, but a lot of people, ok, fine.

Ravens have had the easiest run in of any of the playoff teams in the AFC and probably NFL.

For me, I don’t get the being scared to play a team? It must be BBFS.

Let’s say the Bills get what is  considered favourable matchup, and they win. They’ll end up playing a better team in division round, so it’s not like they can avoid these teams. And that’s putting aside that when teams are in the playoffs, all bets are off anyways. So, what may be favourable based on the regular season, could completely change in the playoffs.

Ok, not sure where to place so I’ll do it here.  After I eyeballed the Ravens win/loss record against winning teams (I’m not going to figure out if opponents had a winning record at the time, but just are they a winning team now after 15 games.  Honestly, my head would explode if I tried that trick), I thought what about the other AFC potential playoff opponents for you guys to make up you’re own mind.  It was interesting.  Then because I’m taking a day off from the gym, I then took just the most likely SB opponents from the NFC.

AFC

Bills 5-3 (even with backups, we might still beat the Fins)

Browns 2-4

Colts 4-4

Dolphins 2-3

Titans 4-4

Ravens 3-4

Steelers 5-1

Chiefs 5-0

So, to me we will be the only team after tomorrow played 9 winning teams in prep for the playoffs.  Whether we win or lose tomorrow, us and the Chiefs are the only ones with 5 wins against winning teams.  Are you guys really afraid of any of these teams as potential wildcard opponents?  I’m not.  I have respect for them, but not worried about them.  The best outcome (assuming the Browns and Titans win tomorrow) is the Browns win their first round as well as the Titans.  We get the Browns in the divisional and Henry and the Titans get to beat up the Chiefs defense.

NFC

Saints 3-2

Bucs 1-5

Packers 3-2

Seahawks 3-3

I didn’t bother with the others as they’ll never make it to the SB.  If we can I dare say it beat the Chiefs, every one of the NFC teams is beatable the way we are playing.

If you guys have other measured opinions, please feel free to share.  Again, if you’re going to look at their records as of today, these are the winning team opponents.  There are one off like the Raiders at one point, as well as the Pats.  They are not now, so we’re not included.

10 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

The ravens are the team we don’t want to play. 

ive played 4 madden games vs them and got killed every time. There is a match up issue here. 

They take away the pass, but bottle up the run. 

You do realize madden is make believe right? 

Go Bills!!!

• Haha (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

They're #1 in the NFL in point differential. They're coming in extremely hot, with a chip on their shoulder and no pressure.

Some of the more respected talking heads agree. Chris Simms called them a top 4-5 team this week. So the fact that people are conflating them with the other Wild Card teams is baffling.

This is a team that was 14-2 last year, a preseason Super Bowl favorite this year, and dealt with a lot of injuries and COVID throughout the season. They are just now hitting their stride and will probably beat whoever they play in Round 1.

You’re talking about a Qb who has never won a playoff game though and can’t throw anywhere except the middle of the field.  

Pump the brakes guy.