Baltimore Ravens are the worst match up imo

1 hour ago, bigK14094 said:

The appeal of these playoffs is that the farther you go, you always find a good team on the other side of the ball.  I actually fear the Titans more than the Ravens, but I am into round two thinking on that one.  The Bills can beat anyone, they just need to execute their plan better than the other guy.  Of course, the plan might be the decider, and this year our coaches are putting together great  game plans...especially over the last two months.  That is why I am apprehensive about loosing a coordinator.  Daboll is a potential loss, but I think Frazier will stay.

they can beat anyone, I’m just saying I don’t like how the bills offense matches up to ravens defense. That’s all. No fear, just no clear mismatch they can exploit.

Someone mentioned the idea of trying to avoid the teams with prima donna QBs who can beat you with sheer athletic genius alone.

Baltimore has one of those guys, so I would like to avoid this team for that reason.

The team that scares me is Tennessee. Don't want to play them.

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Curious why you think the Browns can't beat the Hayward and Watt-less Steelers?

just the browns being brownsy!! 

also, I wonder if Rudolph actually may be throwing the ball down field more and could open things up for the Steelers in the passing game. 

7 hours ago, Doc said:

The Colts probably won't make the playoffs.  They're outside looking in and need one of the Dols, Browns, and Ravens to lose, and they're all favored.

now we can say thats the case after the fact they announce some of the starters are resting... but that's info we didn't have when I posted this... With backup QB in Miami will likely win

i dont want to meet the ravens.   mostly due to Jackson.   really difficult to defend him.   u dont have to worry about downfield unless u leave a guy wide open,  but his running and throwing medium routes on the run puts any defense in a bind.     peeps saying Baltimore is good again,  meh,  they havent beat anybody worthwhile in 6 weeks.   still,  i would def worry about facing Jackson.   

3 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Ravens are a team that prefer to run the ball. Not sure they like the idea of getting into a shoot out on the road.

I don’t hate the matchup.

I’m warming to it...but I would feel a lot better with Beasley out there...

37 minutes ago, biggerdaddynj said:

Stopping Andrews is a big part of neutralizing their passing game (especially the big game changing pass plays).  Then contain Jackson.  Sounds easy ... but it ain’t!  And, we need to keep up with the no 3rd quarter BS.  

Been pretty easy to neutralize the Ravens pass game this season tbh

Here’s the reason we don’t want to play the Ravens:

1. They have playmakers on offense and defense and could turn in enough big plays to beat ANY team.

That’s it. Of course the Bills are better. However, the Ravens have a ton of talent and could pop to beat any team. Nobody should fear them, but let’s be realistic.

23 hours ago, Just in Atlanta said:

Fitz is reported to have the rona.

He should be cleared and ready to play if they make it in.

On 1/1/2021 at 10:34 PM, bills6969 said:

I think the worst matchup is the Fish (with Fitz at QB)

I feel the same. Make no mistake, Fitz will see action once Tua falters, and he will crumble against our starters in the playoffs. Somethings about the Fins scares me.

1. Fitz will be motivated in his only ever playoff appearance against his old team that he feels gave up on him.

2. Their team is motivated. They feel disrespected that analysts don't take them seriously. They're looked at as fortunate and opportunistic, not good.

3. They are EXTREMELY LUCKY. They don't just get turnovers, they score on them, often. Strip sacks, fumble recoveries, blocked kicks. They get them all.

4. Division rival. They've been telling everyone that'll listen they're just as good as Buffalo, and they actually believe it. If they beat us in the playoffs after the season we've had the criticisms from them and the media will be unbearable. Losing to KC or maybe Baltimore would hurt but acceptable. Losing to a rebuilding Miami team? OH THE HORROR!!! I'd rather play anyone else with the exception of maybe Baltimore.

31 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Been pretty easy to neutralize the Ravens pass game this season tbh

Agree—as another poster noted, they are the top running off. in the league at 177 yds per game at over 6 yds per carry. But it always seems like Andrews makes 3-4 big catches per game so I’d love to see them scheme him out (he’s the anti-Knox!).  Then we cross our fingers and hope we actually do have a run defense again and can keep them in 3rd and longs.  

I’d hate to see this match up.  But you have to beat the best if you want to win the Lombardi Trophy, no easy path.